Huawei P40 Series

Sn0L@rx

Member
Joined
May 17, 2020
Messages
124
Reaction score
5
App can't work. otp still can receive as per normal.

Sent from Samsung SM-F900F using GAGT
Hmm. Wonder what's the diff btw mate 30 and p40.. doesn't seems to have any issues using singpass for mate 30 users

Sent from BaL0ngL0ng using GAGT
 

Silverback84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
14,595
Reaction score
102
Hmm. Wonder what's the diff btw mate 30 and p40.. doesn't seems to have any issues using singpass for mate 30 users

Sent from BaL0ngL0ng using GAGT

Google tighten the security measures and ensure that p40 pro is not able to install gms.
 

bedlamite

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2002
Messages
1,977
Reaction score
51
Do you forsee putting up with another 6 months to a year of this? Why put yourself though all this nonsense, especially when you know Google can fck up your laborious GMS patching with a simple update?

I generally leave fans alone in here but sometimes I really don't get it. Especially less now that the US has put the screws to TSMC (meaning Huawei is both screwed on the software AND hardware front). This forum used to be aight. Quiet but it wasn't like the Samsung side whining about Exynos all damn day long. Well now this forum is just GMS posts all day long.
 

Outramkia

Master Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2018
Messages
4,650
Reaction score
94
Hms lovers willing to put themselves into such pain even after forking out some hard earned cash. U cannot doubt their dedication.
 

stylechap

Master Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2010
Messages
4,199
Reaction score
342
Hms lovers willing to put themselves into such pain even after forking out some hard earned cash. U cannot doubt their dedication.

I thought you're outbreak... :s13:
I believed most of them buy because of the quality and spec. Can install most app for their usage is good.
Only a few weirdo patriots psycho pure HMS is fantastic with snide remarks against GMS :)
 

davidwong

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,739
Reaction score
0
Ya bro, on a personal level I wish hms success and competition is also good for consumers.

But really can’t stand the hms fanboy, why I also vendetta becos I have a colleague who actually consulted this forum (alas never let me know) and thinking is ok and easy to de google and bought P40 pro (serving as personal and work cos dual Sim) and in the end cannot use as phone for work.

Dude it’s a 1k phone la. So wasted.

Then the fan boys still have the cheeks to day that is my colleagues idiot never go do research, walao eh if don’t do research will come into this forum meh 😒!

QUOTE=bedlamite;127217991]Do you forsee putting up with another 6 months to a year of this? Why put yourself though all this nonsense, especially when you know Google can fck up your laborious GMS patching with a simple update?

I generally leave fans alone in here but sometimes I really don't get it. Especially less now that the US has put the screws to TSMC (meaning Huawei is both screwed on the software AND hardware front). This forum used to be aight. Quiet but it wasn't like the Samsung side whining about Exynos all damn day long. Well now this forum is just GMS posts all day long.[/QUOTE]
 

Silverback84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
14,595
Reaction score
102
No choice wanna use phone with better specs then have to bear with no gms and use hms or sideload gms which is very troublesome but doable.

Please sideload only if you have some sound technical knowledge of IT and willing to go through the process in order to get it to work. I trial and error like 5 to 8 times before it eventually worked I still dunno how I made it work.
 

Silverback84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
14,595
Reaction score
102
Another thing to note is that singpass is not working. I not sure why. Most of the apps should work though.
 

nexusscion

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
1,583
Reaction score
59
Workaround using website is an alternative solutions. I don't see anything wrong to it. U also don't need to repeat and reemphasize on each reply. Huawei already put in box says no GMS when u buy the set. Basically u want to install GMS it up to your risk and if u do enough homework to know what is the restrictions and whether it impact u or not. So far using mate 30 pro and even using p40 pro I can work 90% of the application and the other 10% can be substitute by using website or physical card for payment of required. It a good phone with awesome hardware and if u really anal on the 10% or not.

Yes but must put it out big big ma as word of caution Ma becos some bro in here will just say then use the website lo
 

BuZhiDaoLeh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
8,569
Reaction score
1,350
any link to the current working gms sideload for p40 pro? or all using with gms now?
 

BuZhiDaoLeh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
8,569
Reaction score
1,350
Do note that I tried this at least 5 to 8 times until it succeeded.

interesting. thanks for the link. will take a look at it.:s12:
edit: btw is this still working so far? when did u install gms?
cos saw some post back saying its fixed so no gms?
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top