HWZ GoPro users

Reaction score
u can't really compare a tg5 with hero7.

tg5 has a microscopic mode that hero7 can't compare with...

if you really want to compare.. then its tg5 over hero 7

I just want bring something underwater to take photos leh. KK I go see more reviews.

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just want bring something underwater to take photos leh. KK I go see more reviews.

GoPro is basically an action cam....
GoPro Hero 7 black can use for underwater video as it is (I used mine gopro hero 6 for skuba diving activities at Maldives and Krabi.)

As for Olympus... I have the older TG4 model... (used as backup) and tried at Krabi but my opinion is ... it’s still decent for general usage, not for video.

GoPro Hero 7 black can take good still photos... can also do timelapse photos/videos.

Only thing about GoPro cam.... you need to bring along spare batteries coz the usage pattern is different from using a normal camera.... you tend to let it ON for most of the time.

PS - for underwater photography/videography, make sure to use a red filter on the lense... Recommended!

Last edited:

ckly12

Reaction score
Hi, am looking to get a stabiliser for my bf's gopro hero 5 but not too sure which is the best option?

Does anyone have any recco? Am looking at a budget of under $200.

Thanks! :)

s3856

Reaction score
Planning to get Hero 7 black. What is the best street price now?

tkdboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Planning to get Hero 7 black. What is the best street price now?
just ordered mine over weekend.

got it for 513 for set with local warranty.

including free gifts of 32gb microsd, 3 way stick and tempered glass screen protector from shopee (post coupons)

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

s3856

Reaction score
Looking for Gimbal can mount for smartphone, GoPro 7 and pocket camera Sony RX100.
Anyone can recommend where can I get? Thanks.

s3856

Reaction score
Hi. May I know where is the cheapest price and where to get for the Feiyu G6 plus? Thanks.

hacktic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DJI just released their pocket osmo...
and it certainly looks like a GoPro killer except for the fact that its shape is a little bulky to be worn as an action camera.
it definitely beats inbuilt electronic stabilisation since the stabilisation "dies" on the GP7 as it gets darker.

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. May I know where is the cheapest price and where to get for the Feiyu G6 plus? Thanks.

My personal opinion.... I think now is not the time to buy

If you can wait 2 weeks I would recommend the ShopBack n Qoo10’s 12.12 sales event where you can get discount vouchers....

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
DJI just released their pocket osmo...
and it certainly looks like a GoPro killer except for the fact that its shape is a little bulky to be worn as an action camera.
it definitely beats inbuilt electronic stabilisation since the stabilisation "dies" on the GP7 as it gets darker.

But this osmo pocket sound quality is very bad and need to buy mic and connector to connect them and become no longer pocket and also realise osmo pocket has a vibrant, sharpen image which is not realistic, the good thing is the battery life is good.

As for Gopro 7 black, overall is good but still photo not so. Each has its own pros and cons depend on your usage

hacktic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But this osmo pocket sound quality is very bad and need to buy mic and connector to connect them and become no longer pocket and also realise osmo pocket has a vibrant, sharpen image which is not realistic, the good thing is the battery life is good.

As for Gopro 7 black, overall is good but still photo not so. Each has its own pros and cons depend on your usage

Gopro doesnt have a 3.5mm jack for external mic...so there is the expensive and hugely bulky looking adaptor (that hasnt changed since it was introduced)
Osmo pocket also doesnt have one but i believe their adaptor will be miles better than that of the clumsy looking one from gopro

hacktic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the pocket also undercut the gopro7 price by USD50

competition is good! thought not exactly vis a vis cameras

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does the dji Osmo Pocket do raw for photos?

Seems video also do not have slow mo feature... max out at 60fps

Only thing going is the gimbal stabilisation.

Price wise.... might as well go for Insta360 One X

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.