HWZ GoPro users

hacktic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi fellow GoPro Enthusiast
this is a good POV camera for action and sports capturing your moments. GoPro1 and 2 have the same body so their accessories are mostly interchangeable. The GoPro3 is a new body altogether so you would need to upgrade some of your old accessories (ie LCD bacpac....) Good news ithey still use the same back case and the mounts are still the same!
I've used it as an in-car camera (Good wide angle of view though battery life will suck) and for biking trips.

GoPro official web: GoPro.com
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gopro
Local Distributor is Streamcast Asia
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/streamcastasia
iOS app: https://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/gopro-app/id561350520?mt=8

just sharing with all of you

Local RRP for GoPro3
  • Black Edition: $599
  • Silver Edition: $469
  • White Edition: $329

Local RRP for accessories:
  • Roll Bar Mount: $51
  • Helmet Strap Mount: $27
  • Floaty Backdoor: $27
  • Flat Adhesive Mounts: $35
  • Curved Adhesive Mounts: $35
  • Helmet Front Mount: $23
  • Grab Bag Mounts: $35
  • Suction Cup Mount: $35
  • Tripod Mount: $14
  • Chesty: $64
  • Wrist Housing: $66
    -------
  • Replacement HD Hero1/2 housing $66
    [*]Lens Replacement $35
    [*]3D Hero System $185
    [*]LCD BacPac $134

SHARE your homemade shots/video here!

blue_line

Master Member
Reaction score
I am deciding between a Gopro Hero 3 Silver and Black edition.

Anyone can give any advise?

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe can merge this thread with the one from EDMW
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/gopro-hero-3-a-3956036-3.html

Streamcast Asia has a shop at Alexandra Retail Center, Outdoor Sports Travel. They usually will have stock even when other retailers (eg Harvery Norman, Cathay Photo) run out of theirs.

facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OutdoorSportsTravel?ref=ts&fref=ts

You can get a $30 discount coupon for $500 purchase from their retail shop which you can use to buy from their online shop. Purchases above $100 comes with free delivery.

Local RRP for addition accessories:

LCD Touch Bacpac/ LCD Bacpac: $134
The Frame: $64
New/Old suction Cup mount: $53
Hero 3 Battery Bacpac: $88
Replacement battery: $35 (coming soon in Jan, price was quoted by salesperson)

I still dunno why they are selling the old/new lcd bacpac/suction cup mount at the same price.

It's definitely cheaper to buy from Amazon, though you have to ship back for repairs/warranty purposes. Maybe you can buy the camera locally and the mounting accessories from Amazon (accessories won't be faulty)

Between Silver and Black edition, it's better to buy the Black as it comes with the WIFI remote.

Local Silver + WIFI remote: $469 + $129 = $598
Local Black = $599

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've used it as an in-car camera (Good wide angle of view though battery life will suck) and for biking trips.

You can get the frame and access the usb port to charge the camera using in car charger. Did you set your camera to video looping mode?

blue_line

Master Member
Reaction score
yea we will have free shipping.. can expect exchange rate to be usd1=sgd1.26 that is based off a transaction I did one week ago.

Still need to add in the vpost delivery. I don't expect it to go more than SGD40 though.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yea we will have free shipping.. can expect exchange rate to be usd1=sgd1.26 that is based off a transaction I did one week ago.

Still need to add in the vpost delivery. I don't expect it to go more than SGD40 though.

Ah, thats still a better deal compared to $35 for 1 original HD3 battery without the chargers.

There's some promo codes for Credit/Debit Card on Vpost, $10 off for purchase above SGD 40 valid till 31st Dec.

Last edited:

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just sharing some Timelapsed clips i made using this camera...

Just bought this from Ikea too....guess what I'm gonna mount on this thing.

ikea%2Bordning.JPG

blue_line

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows where can buy gopole in Singapore?

How are you mounting the camera on the timer?

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows where can buy gopole in Singapore?

How are you mounting the camera on the timer?

I followed something similar to this

Gopole

Cool Gadget - GOpole Orginal Pole - Sgcamerastore.com :: Professional Photography Accessories / Videography Equipments / Studio Lightings / Studio Kits / Studio Equipments - (Powered by CubeCart)

But quite ex lah...can just DIY with any cheap extension pole used for mopping.

Got sell Grenade grip too....but u can just use a cheap $2 mini tripod from Daiso for the same effect....except its not waterproof and can't float.

hacktic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
those that upgraded the firmware to with protunes, do you encounter problems with recording video?

1) OSD does not show elapsed time recording.
2) camera auto shutoffs 2seconds into 2nd recording file

blue_line

Master Member
Reaction score
I followed something similar to this

Gopole

Cool Gadget - GOpole Orginal Pole - Sgcamerastore.com :: Professional Photography Accessories / Videography Equipments / Studio Lightings / Studio Kits / Studio Equipments - (Powered by CubeCart)

But quite ex lah...can just DIY with any cheap extension pole used for mopping.

Got sell Grenade grip too....but u can just use a cheap $2 mini tripod from Daiso for the same effect....except its not waterproof and can't float.

that's expensive.. yea. thinking of diying one too.. currently using my handle bar mount on a pole

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.