InstaReM's AMAZE MasterCard

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who got the card, is there the +0.5% cashback as promised in the initial release in addition to your CC rewards?

Correct me if I’m wrong. How it works is

merchant USD$10>
Amaze USD$10 to SGD$13.27 with Visa rates >
CC charged SGD $13.27 with rewards

so we are able to avoid all the foreign transaction fees, exchange fees, DCC etc

By right yes. I haven't tried foreign currency transactions yet. Its quite convenient to use for local transactions.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who got the card, is there the +0.5% cashback as promised in the initial release in addition to your CC rewards?

The email I got said additional 1% for 1st 3 months, total spend must be more than $500, max rebate $100.

Blahx-

Reaction score
Thats how it should work as per advertised.

It is suppose to follow the Curve card model in Europe.

silverbomb

Reaction score
Interesting, thanks. Hopefully they open up soon, and allow Visa cards.
I'm also awaiting visa to come onboard. Most of the cards that's good value are visa.

I just received the invite also but the master only currently is a bit restrictive cos I got less uses for masters and don't want to waste my first 3 months once activated.

silverbomb

Reaction score
I just tried and confirm. The MCC code is the same original merchant.
Does the txn description starts with *amz* or *amaze*? Any idea it is a online txn since it requires the CVV of the credit card?

yoongmy

Reaction score
I got the option to activate yesterday and link a mastercard to test out one transaction. let see how it goes.

mcwings

Master Member
Reaction score
Does the card convert foreign transactions without fees?

benlau1

Reaction score
I just used Amaze to pay JPY 13712 and converted SGD is S$167.9. No fees and using wholesale FX.
Good hor... so this card will be a strong competitor for youtrip...

Hopefully the transaction is still coded as online

fr33d0m

Reaction score
I got an email saying the card is now live and asking me to activate.

Looks like can only link Mastercard to it for now.
Does that mean I can triple dip, for example:
Topup Grabpay using cashback CC, then use Grabpay linked to Amaze when paying for stuff to earn Grab points + cashback from Amaze?
Can’t link to Grabpay MasterCard, so save the trouble.

benlau1

Reaction score
Does anyone know if routing payments through amaze will change the online indicators of the transaction?

For example, if i use bank CC to shop at amazon- bank will recognise as online.

If i link CC to amaze and shop at amazon - will bank still recognise it as online?

Rxgn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone receive the card already?

cassowary18

Reaction score
Does anyone know if routing payments through amaze will change the online indicators of the transaction?

For example, if i use bank CC to shop at amazon- bank will recognise as online.

If i link CC to amaze and shop at amazon - will bank still recognise it as online?
That's the million dollar question. If the answer is yes, lots of people will be linking their DBS WWMC and Citi Rewards MC to the card for their FCY online transactions.

drawar

Reaction score
That's the million dollar question. If the answer is yes, lots of people will be linking their DBS WWMC and Citi Rewards MC to the card for their FCY online transactions.

This is what I'm gonna do once the physical card arrives but for contactless transactions. Hopefully the combination can be a UOB PPV/VS replacement cause I'm not a huge fan of the stupid $5 block.

silverbomb

Reaction score
There's lots of unknown now. Whether online stays online, or turn offline; paywave stay paywave or otherwise, etc etc... Need at least a mth or 2 b4 all these can confirm subsequently

fr33d0m

Reaction score
It goes without saying that everything needs testing, but the bit about "paywave stay paywave" is not necessary. As long as Amaze processes all transactions online, it should effectively be able to convert *any* transactions, contactless or not, into online ones.

Now onto the more important question -- whether Amaze processes all transactions online or not -- I'm leaning toward a yes. Offline processing would otherwise mean a lag between when the charge appears on the Amaze card vs when its routed counterpart appears on the underlying card, but there is none.
Not all online transactions are online.

many people have used DBS WWMC online without transactions as online.

fr33d0m

Reaction score
Merchant -> (1) Amaze -> (2) WWMC

-> means a charge, so it doesn't matter what (1) is and whether it processes transactions as online or offline, only (2) does.
As I said before, online indication can be turned off by the merchants

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.