Intel ARC series GPU (Over 40% perf/$ vs Nvidia)

michael_thm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
22,031
Reaction score
2,727
6650 xt is a good 15% faster than the 3060 12gb (avoid the 8gb, it is slower than even the 6600 non xt), and u can get the radeon for cheaper ($420) than the geforce card ($505) locally now. in my experience amd drivers have been rock solid on 6000 series cards too, have ran 3 different cards (6600, 6600 xt, 6700) in separate systems with 0 issues.

u can already get a750 performance in the 6600 at the a750 msrp locally (ie with 8% gst, around $360), and u dont have to be a beta tester for intel drivers. 6600 also pulls about half the power.
I compared the 3 of them coz 3060 has the advantage in ray tracing, a750 has the best potential for performance gain from better drivers while I reckon I deserve a 10-15% better performance from the 6650 xt in non ray tracing performance to make up the dismal ray tracing to consider them the same at the same price. 6600/6650 xt largely priced the same on shopee and amazon. That said, the equation may change while I am waiting for a750 to fall to $360. At current prices, 3060 definitely is the non starter. 6600 is definitely worth considering. I will evaluate again when a750 is available at MSRP.

PS. I should be clearer and say 1440p instead of 1080p. My monitor is 1440p.
 
Last edited:

Fronsac

Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2006
Messages
449
Reaction score
117
I compared the 3 of them coz 3060 has the advantage in ray tracing, a750 has the best potential for performance gain from better drivers while I reckon I deserve a 10-15% better performance from the 6650 xt in non ray tracing performance to make up the dismal ray tracing to consider them the same at the same price. 6600/6650 xt largely priced the same on shopee and amazon. That said, the equation may change while I am waiting for a750 to fall to $360. At current prices, 3060 definitely is the non starter. 6600 is definitely worth considering. I will evaluate again when a750 is available at MSRP.

PS. I should be clearer and say 1440p instead of 1080p. My monitor is 1440p.
This is basically just gambling for better performance, Intel been cutting their workforce and numerous rumours of cutting off the intel arc team. I see the down side way bigger than any potential saving over there. Their latest update to the driver did help in the performance but intel stance on their arc product line is currently unknown. Their initial plan was high performance gaming card that can rival AMD and NVDIA at the highest level but currently they are barely challenging them at any level.
 

michael_thm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
22,031
Reaction score
2,727
This is basically just gambling for better performance, Intel been cutting their workforce and numerous rumours of cutting off the intel arc team. I see the down side way bigger than any potential saving over there. Their latest update to the driver did help in the performance but intel stance on their arc product line is currently unknown. Their initial plan was high performance gaming card that can rival AMD and NVDIA at the highest level but currently they are barely challenging them at any level.
Not really. at 1440p, a750 is better than 3060 and on par with 6650xt. As long as no crashes and bugs, it is worth considering if it is significantly cheaper than the alternatives. I would pay a premium of 10% for the 6650xt... that is... 6650 xt drop to $400. I'd take it. Lowest I saw was like $420. If I can find a local warranty 6650xt at $400 before a750 drop to $350 local stock, I would ditch the idea of going intel. It is a watching game for me.
 

Goodshot

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2013
Messages
62,473
Reaction score
4,411
Not really. at 1440p, a750 is better than 3060 and on par with 6650xt. As long as no crashes and bugs, it is worth considering if it is significantly cheaper than the alternatives. I would pay a premium of 10% for the 6650xt... that is... 6650 xt drop to $400. I'd take it. Lowest I saw was like $420. If I can find a local warranty 6650xt at $400 before a750 drop to $350 local stock, I would ditch the idea of going intel. It is a watching game for me.
U buy already let us know pls
 

michael_thm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
22,031
Reaction score
2,727
pls give us your review :oops:
Plenty of reviews around already. Only can just share whether it is buggy or not when my thermal paste arrive monday. 1st thing is whether does it work with ancient b450 mainboard and 3300x cpu haha.
 

michael_thm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
22,031
Reaction score
2,727
Not really. at 1440p, a750 is better than 3060 and on par with 6650xt. As long as no crashes and bugs, it is worth considering if it is significantly cheaper than the alternatives. I would pay a premium of 10% for the 6650xt... that is... 6650 xt drop to $400. I'd take it. Lowest I saw was like $420. If I can find a local warranty 6650xt at $400 before a750 drop to $350 local stock, I would ditch the idea of going intel. It is a watching game for me.
Now running Intel a750 on Gigabyte B450 gigabyte b450m ds3h wifi with Ryzen 3300X. Haven't install steam yet as my nvme ssd died (mishandling?) and I don't want install on SATA ssd while waiting for my Ryzen 5600G with MSI pro b550m-vc wifi plus 1TB WD Black SN770 coz got 10% discount for 3 eligible items from Amazon US which coincidently these 3 all qualify lol. Pretty good deal CPU/Motherboard/SSD for just S$411.

Haiz originally planned to spend $350... end up spend $1K+ ( inclusive of a 38" Acer monitor which arrived 2 hours ago)... might as well all in and get a creative stage v2 soundbar haha. Total overhaul instead.
 

michael_thm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
22,031
Reaction score
2,727
is it covered even if we buy from amazon? like EVGA style?
Not sure. Fuwell staff say same as CPU warranty... but he isn't Intel staff ya?
You probably got to email intel support and ask? Coz I never registered for warranty coz Intel website say no need. But usually region limitations on RMA is usually when the brand has sole authorized distributors who process the RMA process (coz they don't want to service products which they never earned from) just saying.
 

aucheukyan

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2009
Messages
4,643
Reaction score
325
went around sim lim the shops say local supplier no bring in the a770, scared cannot clear. Yet they bring in loads of 4070, now really cannot clear stock liao.

Rather get the a770, getting more and more stable these days with driver patches, really want to try team blue GPU and 16GB VRam at <600SGD
 

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,027
Reaction score
8,286
went around sim lim the shops say local supplier no bring in the a770, scared cannot clear. Yet they bring in loads of 4070, now really cannot clear stock liao.

Rather get the a770, getting more and more stable these days with driver patches, really want to try team blue GPU and 16GB VRam at <600SGD

impossible cannot clear

intel ftw @kimsix will buy it all up :s13:

4070 and 4070ti is like unwanted in US also, saw some video where someone go around microcenter walk walk, around 60% on the shelves are those card.
 

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,027
Reaction score
8,286


Intel CPU going to drop behind so hard vs AMD.. maybe GPU can catchup?
 

NightRaven49

Master Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
3,742
Reaction score
1,580
tldw: 19% slower at 1080p, 13% slower at 1440p vs 4060. cheapest 4060 is $418 zotac solo model from techdeals, while a750 is $349, which makes the latter just 17% cheaper.
 

Synchron

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2005
Messages
8,769
Reaction score
1,947
I'm rooting for Intel to come out with better GPU to compete. Better for consumers this way
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top