Now when I boot up my comp, my monitor not able to detect any bootup or show empty screen, need to press reset button and then able to load. Then it will show some dot circle, rotating for a while before able to login into Windows.
But after I unplugged the internal 3.5 HDD and leave the main SSD inside, it bootup very fast.
There is a lot of software which you can download to "write zero" on your drives. Or just copy "Mr. Robot" way of microwaving your drives (kind of extreme, unless you are a hacker). Just ensure you go for reputable software, not trojan. I will prefer opensource (OSS) alternatives. Do note that some drives will fail half-way while writing zeros (intensive tasks). For data sensitive drives I will send it for professional drive disposal services, but I think that is "unnecessary" for home users.
My personal recommended drive of choice will be HGST (CMR) drives. I still had quite a few running 24/7 for >10 years in my production/home server racks which have long exceeded their lifespan.
NOTE: I will back my data up if I am you, and stop using the drive to store important data even if it works after reformat.
So in the end I bought internal HDD (because I think internal HDD is design to have longer life span and usage compare to USB HDD) and it has been a very long time since I bought internal HDD and this is the packaging.
Realised it takes more than a day to do chkdsk /r /f on 4TB because the HDD no longer like last time, 500GB, 1TB etc. In the end didn't do chkdsk on new HDD
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.
Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.