Intro me a laptop

punk123123123

Member
Joined
May 28, 2010
Messages
256
Reaction score
0
Hi basically am new or sort of new to this section but pardon me for my stupidity at times.

basically I need a laptop that serve the below purposes

1) School work example, microsoft office, adobe photoshop and other adobe softwares, average usage for video editing

2) mild gaming and entertainment

3) reasonable pricing for around 1k to 1.2k or cross 1.2k abit.


So hope someone can guide me along. thanks alot. Appreciated
 

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
65,609
Reaction score
3,139
it's a wide range. but generally u shd go for those with discrete graphics n i7 since budget is ok. then it's down to brand. all the brands have their own issues so no point say which brand is better. but seems like more popular brands are lenovo and asus.
 

punk123123123

Member
Joined
May 28, 2010
Messages
256
Reaction score
0
it's a wide range. but generally u shd go for those with discrete graphics n i7 since budget is ok. then it's down to brand. all the brands have their own issues so no point say which brand is better. but seems like more popular brands are lenovo and asus.

thats somewhere I can start with, then what would u recon base on asus?
I personally dont trust lenovo due to some hidden issues the last time on their warranty.
 
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
359
Reaction score
0
since i assume you are going to be lugging the laptop around since you are going to school, I will recommend those in the 14' screen and below. You don;t want to lug around a heavy laptop the whole time.

models to consider
1. asus vivobook s301lp / s451lp
2. fujitsu lh532
3. lenovo s410p / u430 (if you want touch screen)
 

NWT1978

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Messages
18,789
Reaction score
29
thats somewhere I can start with, then what would u recon base on asus?
I personally dont trust lenovo due to some hidden issues the last time on their warranty.

getting Asus K series... at 1.3K using i7... 3rd Generation not 4th Generation =:p, got pathetic small ssd space...:( but normal one is 1TB... =:p

weight around 2.2kg at screen 15.6.

see if the store can still fufill the promise to provide me free upgrade of ram... to total 8GB... little but since it free...cant complain much =:p...

currently offer free anti virus...laptop bag and mouse (cheap ones)
 
Last edited:

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
65,609
Reaction score
3,139
getting Asus K series... at 1.3K using i7... 3rd Generation not 4th Generation =:p, got pathetic small ssd space...:( but normal one is 1TB... =:p

weight around 2.2kg at screen 15.6.

see if the store can still fufill the promise to provide me free upgrade of ram... to total 8GB... little but since it free...cant complain much =:p...

currently offer free anti virus...laptop bag and mouse (cheap ones)

Is there anything better at 1.3k?
 

NWT1978

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Messages
18,789
Reaction score
29
screen at HD and 15.6". camera @720 and graphic @ 840M
 

punk123123123

Member
Joined
May 28, 2010
Messages
256
Reaction score
0
u sure? which model then is priced similarly with better specs?

I am sure of it as duo core cuz I did research and went to te shop to ask directly about it. The alphabets behind the specs after the processor name ends "U" is duo core while it ends with HQ it's quad core.

There is one from HP but I can't rmb which model, it's quad core and the bad thing is that it has no cd driver, it uses portable cd driver. Which I may need it often and that's why not in the list of considerable laptops
 

WeDoIt

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2012
Messages
1,616
Reaction score
0
I am sure of it as duo core cuz I did research and went to te shop to ask directly about it. The alphabets behind the specs after the processor name ends "U" is duo core while it ends with HQ it's quad core.

There is one from HP but I can't rmb which model, it's quad core and the bad thing is that it has no cd driver, it uses portable cd driver. Which I may need it often and that's why not in the list of considerable laptops
That model you referring to is envy 15.The cheapest model(FHD) with 4th gen i7 and gt 740m.Around 1.2k .The higher end model (touch screen ) come with a CD driver through.
 

punk123123123

Member
Joined
May 28, 2010
Messages
256
Reaction score
0
That model you referring to is envy 15.The cheapest model(FHD) with 4th gen i7 and gt 740m.Around 1.2k .The higher end model (touch screen ) come with a CD driver through.

But do U by chance have a recon for i7 quad core and close to K series 451N-WX107H around the price of 1.3k or cross abit? Like I am quite new here so hoping ppl in this forum would recon base on what they know.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top