TiedInsurer
Supremacy Member
- Joined
- May 12, 2014
- Messages
- 6,736
- Reaction score
- 5,330
I just started my foray into foreign markets, buying ETFs. The plan right now is to DCA into VWRA, SGD1,000/mth (approx. USD700). I'm using SCB online trading, and they charge me a USD10.70 commission for each trade, meaning approximately 1.5%. Throw in the stamp duties on the trade, and i'm paying 2% in transaction fees on each trade.
That seems a bit high, so i'm considering to put in USD1,400 every 2 months instead, so that my total fees per trade can go down to 1.3%. I'd rather not though, since investing once every 2 months means i won't be tracking the market as closely.
Is there anything else i can do?
*EDIT*: IB is not for me as my portfolio size is small. Think they charge a $10/mth custodian fee.
That seems a bit high, so i'm considering to put in USD1,400 every 2 months instead, so that my total fees per trade can go down to 1.3%. I'd rather not though, since investing once every 2 months means i won't be tracking the market as closely.
Is there anything else i can do?
*EDIT*: IB is not for me as my portfolio size is small. Think they charge a $10/mth custodian fee.


