iPad Air 2020 Discussions

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got myself an iPad Air 4, any cheap and good place to paste tempered glass screen protector? Any help is appreciated, thanks.
I'm using LionShield ImpactProof iPad Air 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector from Shopee. For someone who hardly trust myself with pasting any screen protector, I must say that this's very easy to paste after making sure everything's free from dust.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I'm using LionShield ImpactProof iPad Air 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector from Shopee. For someone who hardly trust myself with pasting any screen protector, I must say that this's very easy to paste after making sure everything's free from dust.
Thanks for recommendation. Just ordered a Matte one.

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for those interested,  refurb store now have iPad Pro from 2020 n  Pencil 2 also

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Wanted an iPad Pencil, but felt that I may not use it as much, nor am I much of an artist - so it's more for scribbling. Couldn't justify the $179, so I was looking around for alternatives.

Stumbled upon this limited time sale that looks interesting.
https://www.lazada.sg/products/base...versal-touch-pen-i1708453248-s8310291924.html
Just received my stylus. I would say at first use, it's like a Logitech Crayon but in Apple Pencil form factor. Not too bad. No pairing needed, so it's really like a Logitech Crayon at less than 1/3 the price. Doesn't charge magnetically but rather via USB-C, but it attaches to the iPad Air 4 quite well. Feels decent in hand too. Tested the gestures for writing, splitting, selecting, erasing - and it works perfectly!

Works great for reading pesky eTextbooks. Nowadays schools are helping students by not requiring we buy text books and have to store them in shelves, but having everything in an app can also be annoying since there's no way to markup and annotate the study material. Glad for the pencil so at least reading feels a bit more natural.

Does anyone have any apps to recommend that I can use to test the angle shading, touch sensitivity and all? I'm guessing it won't have some of these (like the Logitech Crayon), but I am open to be surprised.

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just received my stylus. I would say at first use, it's like a Logitech Crayon but in Apple Pencil form factor. Not too bad. No pairing needed, so it's really like a Logitech Crayon at less than 1/3 the price. Doesn't charge magnetically but rather via USB-C, but it attaches to the iPad Air 4 quite well. Feels decent in hand too. Tested the gestures for writing, splitting, selecting, erasing - and it works perfectly!

Works great for reading pesky eTextbooks. Nowadays schools are helping students by not requiring we buy text books and have to store them in shelves, but having everything in an app can also be annoying since there's no way to markup and annotate the study material. Glad for the pencil so at least reading feels a bit more natural.

Does anyone have any apps to recommend that I can use to test the angle shading, touch sensitivity and all? I'm guessing it won't have some of these (like the Logitech Crayon), but I am open to be surprised.
I think u can test it with notes or markup? there r different pens/highlighters u can test with.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I think u can test it with notes or markup? there r different pens/highlighters u can test with.
Thanks for this. I played around again, and realised my lines were set to the thinnest. Changing it to the thickest allowed it to show some variance.

No changes in push-down pressure, but angle changes and drawing faster shows up. It behaves very much like the Logitech Crayon, which is more than adequate for my needs.

Discovered Notability and I'm a happy camper now reading textbooks.

westtraveller

Reaction score
worth buying iPad Air now or wait for next model?

Somehow tempted to buy Air for reading work email.. but I also have a MacBook Air (but not that portable la). Someone help me kill this lemming..

catmaster

Reaction score
Anyone got recommendation for paper-like type screen protector?
Using one now from benks, but cases with the lay-on the table design will cause the screen protector to bubble.
Not sure if it's because my screen protector is not perfectly aligned..

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
worth buying iPad Air now or wait for next model?

Somehow tempted to buy Air for reading work email.. but I also have a MacBook Air (but not that portable la). Someone help me kill this lemming..
It depends on your usage patterns and needs.

Because I went back to studying part time, our textbooks are now all electronic copies - no more physical copies unless we want to source our own. Even our study guides are all PDFs/ePubs now. Since I commute on public transport, it's easier to hold an iPad on hand and read it on the bus or train, than to take out a laptop and read documents.

I tried a Lenovo Yoga for a while, thinking a 2in1 might help me have the best of both worlds. But holding a 14" 1.4kg behemoth in the hand while on public transport gets extremely tiring. It's also not really intuitive in terms of usability and user interaction. I quickly sold it to go back to a tablet instead.

If your consumption is for reading work email and all, these are more laptop-style applications. The iPad remains more a want and wouldn't change much of your workflow IMO. It's when you have strictly content consumption patterns, along with mobility requirements, that will determine if an iPad is suitable for your needs.

This is not to say an iPad won't be useful at home - you could be consuming Netflix a lot while in bed, or love to bake/cook and look up new recipes online. The iPad can also be set up to be part of a HomeHub setup so if you have an Apple-centred smart home, it's a useful display interface.

westtraveller

Reaction score
Thanks fire song for detailed response.

Anyone tried buying during Black Friday deals from US? Able to save much or no point after shipping and freight forwarder charges?

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks fire song for detailed response.

Anyone tried buying during Black Friday deals from US? Able to save much or no point after shipping and freight forwarder charges?
why not look at local refurb offerings from ?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I've read it correctly... we can use eSIM for this iPad Air 4?

If so, will it be dual SIM-capable?

Been a long long time since I got an iPad. :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.