iPad Pro 2021

plsbanthem

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been using the 2021 iPad pro 11 inch for a few days Liao. Quite happy with it.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I enjoy mine as well very much, using since launch day (should be exactly 1 month today) but I haven't get my AppleCare+ yet. 🤣

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
Ditto. Oddly I pasted the matte paper-like protector but until now still have not gotten a pencil. I like the surface matte a lot, maybe cos I hardly use the screen for movies, but more for work.

Audris

Reaction score
I got the 11” model with the magic keyboard a month ago as I thought since I already have the MacBook Pro (M1), I didn’t need an iPad of similar size and weight. Thought it’d be heavy if I were to bring both out too but I never had the need to bring both MacBook and iPad thus far.
And I compared the weight of 11” with magic keyboard vs MacBook Pro which is around 1.4kg, didn’t exactly feel a lot lighter either.
Now starting to feel that the ipad is able to replace my on-the-go driver so considering to change the 11” to 12.9” with magic keyboard.

Never owned a 12.9” iPad and wonder how is the user experience like on daily basis compared to 11”?
Use mainly for studying, report writing and graphic and web design.

yang_nastyman

Reaction score
I've been reading reviews that the latest ipad pro is basically overpowered and the previous generation will do any jobs the same. Is it just better to get the prev gen?

KwayChup

Reaction score
I've been reading reviews that the latest ipad pro is basically overpowered and the previous generation will do any jobs the same. Is it just better to get the prev gen?
I got a 2020 at a pretty good price, if the savings is decent and it’s sufficient for your use case I think it’s ok

yang_nastyman

Reaction score
I got a 2020 at a pretty good price, if the savings is decent and it’s sufficient for your use case I think it’s ok
What would be a good price per se? Seems like apple store isn't selling the prev gen anymore. Is the only other distro best denki/courts etc? Or is lazada shopee safe?

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What would be a good price per se? Seems like apple store isn't selling the prev gen anymore. Is the only other distro best denki/courts etc? Or is lazada shopee safe?
KwayChup and I got ours from Courts. That was a good deal. iPad Pro 11 inch (2020) 512GB at $1089 I think. LazMall is not bad. I got my iPad Air 3 (256GB) from them at $685.

Shopee’s sets all US sets. So you need another adaptor for it.

yang_nastyman

Reaction score
KwayChup and I got ours from Courts. That was a good deal. iPad Pro 11 inch (2020) 512GB at $1089 I think. LazMall is not bad. I got my iPad Air 3 (256GB) from them at $685.

Shopee’s sets all US sets. So you need another adaptor for it.
wow, thats a good deal. the current offers now are for 1248 for 512gb sadly.

KwayChup

Reaction score
Anyone experiencing bad battery life performance on 14.6? I just received and updated my iPad Pro to it and the drain was pretty significant as compared to my old 6th gen iPad

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone experiencing bad battery life performance on 14.6? I just received and updated my iPad Pro to it and the drain was pretty significant as compared to my old 6th gen iPad
Yes. Battery drain is bad. Batt going down quite fast. I figured it’s because i am using Bluetooth with Apple Pencil and the Logitech keyboard. I guess AppleCare is a must. Can replace the batt when it gets really bad right?

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. Battery drain is bad. Batt going down quite fast. I figured it’s because i am using Bluetooth with Apple Pencil and the Logitech keyboard. I guess AppleCare is a must. Can replace the batt when it gets really bad right?
The battery drain on my iPad Air 3 isn’t that bad. But one thing I notice is that when the battery is 100% and I did a reboot, the battery became 94%. It’s weird coz it’s supposed to be new. Usually this doesn’t occur till after some extended usage.

KwayChup

Reaction score
Depends on you, the battery drain might just be a software issue as the battery capacity is huge for iPad. But I think must be below 80% to trigger the battery replacement service.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
I got the 11” model with the magic keyboard a month ago as I thought since I already have the MacBook Pro (M1), I didn’t need an iPad of similar size and weight. Thought it’d be heavy if I were to bring both out too but I never had the need to bring both MacBook and iPad thus far.
And I compared the weight of 11” with magic keyboard vs MacBook Pro which is around 1.4kg, didn’t exactly feel a lot lighter either.
Now starting to feel that the ipad is able to replace my on-the-go driver so considering to change the 11” to 12.9” with magic keyboard.

Never owned a 12.9” iPad and wonder how is the user experience like on daily basis compared to 11”?
Use mainly for studying, report writing and graphic and web design.
I have both 11” and 12.9” 2020 model and I find the 12.9 is okay for me cause if the thin bezels. If 1st and 2nd gen 12.9” model then it’s a no.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.