iPhone 18Pro/Pro Max Discussions

What colors did you choose for 18 pro?

  • Burgundy

    Votes: 38 37.6%
  • Glacier

    Votes: 27 26.7%
  • Black

    Votes: 26 25.7%
  • Silver

    Votes: 10 9.9%

  • Total voters
    101

argentinafa

Master Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2003
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
509
U want me scold you is it? I think i will be using my 18pm first before there is any update
This Samsung really break record. I never seen anything like that before bro. You ordered in late July, now already Sep still haven’t deliver. Something is terribly wrong in their production and allocation priority chain, really.
 

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2011
Messages
34,950
Reaction score
2,326
This Samsung really break record. I never seen anything like that before bro. You ordered in late July, now already Sep still haven’t deliver. Something is terribly wrong in their production and allocation priority chain, really.
Just the graphite color.
All the other colors plenty of stock.
They just cannot back end change color for me. Suck thumb lo
 

gnixer

Master Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2003
Messages
4,650
Reaction score
236
There are people who I can convince that yearly upgrading of iPhone (Pro/Pro Max) is worth and some who I cannot.
recently i saw in FB someone posted actually yearly is more cost effective than those few years change iphone.
because of the holding value of the iphone.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,148
Reaction score
3,184
because of the holding value of the iphone.
Yup. Same thinking as me. Our phone becomes assets of today. No longer luxury. You want to roll that good body value over to the next.
 

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
37,832
Reaction score
10,080
Just the graphite color.
All the other colors plenty of stock.
They just cannot back end change color for me. Suck thumb lo
I just find it ridiculous lol.... Why can't just let u change color and instead let your order dong dong hee there
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,148
Reaction score
3,184
HaT6T9d.png


I am seeing this now
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,255
Reaction score
9,017
the $1k different doesn't seem worth it despite lousier camera and no face ID. pay extra 1k for extra screen size.
that also too much to stomach in.
i may consider to ship from US instead. pay gst could be still cheaper than sg. 500+ different. factor gst and freight still cheaper.
Duo is for those who knows how to use it, not just a bigger screen.
 

gnixer

Master Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2003
Messages
4,650
Reaction score
236
Yup. Same thinking as me. Our phone becomes assets of today. No longer luxury. You want to roll that good body value over to the next.
based on 365 days actually daily is about $3. treat it as rental iphone =D
last year i didn't upgrade because of the color. this year i check my pro max 16 still can fetch slightly above 1k which is not much different from last year trade in price.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,148
Reaction score
3,184
based on 365 days actually daily is about $3. treat it as rental iphone =D
last year i didn't upgrade because of the color. this year i check my pro max 16 still can fetch slightly above 1k which is not much different from last year trade in price.
Yeah, this is why I want the leasing programme here. I hope Apple can partner with Grab PayLater for this.

I hope Grab buys Atome one day and consolidate the BNPL business. And Grab should be big enough to be the underwriting for Apple
 

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2011
Messages
34,950
Reaction score
2,326
I just find it ridiculous lol.... Why can't just let u change color and instead let your order dong dong hee there
Their logistic software cannot lo.
I even suggest to them, just backend change your stock allocation or do stock replacement. even backend patch data also
all Also say cannot haha
 

argentinafa

Master Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2003
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
509
same thought too, it is such a waste and probably apple strategic is always keep something left behind for the next gen.

it would be perfect if it has everything as the pro max.
Next gen or future Duo probably wouldn’t be able to fit Face ID too. The TrueDepth array sensors are really too thick to fit into the 5.2mm (when unfolded) chassis of Duo liao. I believe the threshold to fit the TrueDepth sensors is 5.6mm and that is the current thickness of iPhone’s slimmest slab phone - the iPhone Air.

Actually I’m ok with Touch ID too, on the Duo. It’s fast, fool proof. I’ve been using my ZF8U for a month+ now and I’ve gotten use to it. I’ve set fingerprint, and face recognition on it. But highly secured apps like iBanking still requires your fingerprint authentication. The face recognition bit on Samsung can only unlock phone, and I must say it’s as fast as FaceID on iOS too.

FaceID sometimes on my car MagSafe holder, I got to shift or tilt my face abit to face my phone when I wanna read WA msgs at Red lights. TouchID no need, one hand on steering, another hand can unlock phone, eyes fully still concentrating on road.

The only bummer on Duo, for me, is the usage of the nano-texture material for the inner screen. The Super-Retina OLED really can’t shine out the vibrancy. I’ve seen the MacBook Pros at Apple Stores with that nano-texture matt material and I really dislike it. The colors just don’t pop. I’ve never seen any high end Samsung or LG TVs using matt screen to hide their micro RGB vibrant Oled.
 

frizee

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 5, 2006
Messages
7,859
Reaction score
1,462
The link thing is it to create an Apple ID?
I am calling them, but overwhelmed.
It's on the left side. Right side is Guest. I also see turning circles when I click login and select my acct. I tried a few times then suddenly can, and the order still valid. Heng ah.
HaT6T9d.png


I am seeing this now
For my case, they prompted a button to do the linking but after that the page became inactive

dont worry, u got W number safe liao bro :)

U monday call also can, like u said already got email le right
 

frizee

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 5, 2006
Messages
7,859
Reaction score
1,462
Eh i left one case, dont even have spare TG, i dig and found out i gave to my sibling LOL gg...
 

jianrong

Master Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
2,532
Reaction score
78
18 pro or pro max not much difference except size, weight and battery. Rest of the specs same.

Duo got to wait next month as portable iPad mini phone. But no Face ID…
 

jianrong

Master Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
2,532
Reaction score
78
Next gen or future Duo probably wouldn’t be able to fit Face ID too. The TrueDepth array sensors are really too thick to fit into the 5.2mm (when unfolded) chassis of Duo liao. I believe the threshold to fit the TrueDepth sensors is 5.6mm and that is the current thickness of iPhone’s slimmest slab phone - the iPhone Air.

Actually I’m ok with Touch ID too, on the Duo. It’s fast, fool proof. I’ve been using my ZF8U for a month+ now and I’ve gotten use to it. I’ve set fingerprint, and face recognition on it. But highly secured apps like iBanking still requires your fingerprint authentication. The face recognition bit on Samsung can only unlock phone, and I must say it’s as fast as FaceID on iOS too.

FaceID sometimes on my car MagSafe holder, I got to shift or tilt my face abit to face my phone when I wanna read WA msgs at Red lights. TouchID no need, one hand on steering, another hand can unlock phone, eyes fully still concentrating on road.

The only bummer on Duo, for me, is the usage of the nano-texture material for the inner screen. The Super-Retina OLED really can’t shine out the vibrancy. I’ve seen the MacBook Pros at Apple Stores with that nano-texture matt material and I really dislike it. The colors just don’t pop. I’ve never seen any high end Samsung or LG TVs using matt screen to hide their micro RGB vibrant Oled.

Without faceid seem troublesome when you use paywave on one hand.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,148
Reaction score
3,184
For my case, they prompted a button to do the linking but after that the page became inactive

dont worry, u got W number safe liao bro :)

U monday call also can, like u said already got email le right
Is fine. I took this chance to order another one. 256GB Burgundy. I opt for delivery.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,148
Reaction score
3,184
ahh ok ok then delivery pushed back ?

haha could've called them easier bro
The problematic order was Glacier. I ordered Burgundy.

So now I have two colours. I have more time to deceive even more after embargo lifted on Tuesday or Wednesday.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top