iPhone 18Pro/Pro Max Discussions

What colors did you choose for 18 pro?

  • Burgundy

    Votes: 38 37.6%
  • Glacier

    Votes: 27 26.7%
  • Black

    Votes: 26 25.7%
  • Silver

    Votes: 10 9.9%

  • Total voters
    101

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
37,832
Reaction score
10,080
I see. Coz I can’t remember where but I seem to read before Apple doesn’t do that. They would use the returned sets as refurbished sets etc. I feel Apple should not allow returns at zero cost unless faulty set. That’s why some people would heck care order more and return since it’s so convenient.
Well, I am very sure Apple will reseal those look like new set with no defects one as brand new. Why? I encounter before, with defects out of box, and also a set with fingerprints als

Also apple cares a lot on customer satisfaction. That is why they allow return of phones
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,258
Reaction score
9,019
I see. Coz I can’t remember where but I seem to read before Apple doesn’t do that. They would use the returned sets as refurbished sets etc. I feel Apple should not allow returns at zero cost unless faulty set. That’s why some people would heck care order more and return since it’s so convenient.
one reason why apple is charging a premium. a lot of people buy one for review and then return it. some of these people have been caught and banned before. haha
 

chewpc

Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2000
Messages
152
Reaction score
11
Bro, all apple products can be fully refunded within 14 days from the receipt date (if you buy from physical store) or on your collection day, if you purchased it from their official Apple Store SG website or using iOS Apple Store app. Be it box opened, unsealed or sealed. 100% refund to your original mode of purchase within 3 working days. This does not apply to Apple Shopee or Apple Lazada as they are managed by iStudio. Same thing, iStudio physical store does not have this 14 days full refund policy.

That's why all of us here like to buy from official Apple store due to the no frills return policy.
I'm referring to this clause in the official iphone refund policy that says there is a fee, so just wanted to confirm in actual practice do they charge a fee.

https://www.apple.com/sg/shop/help/returns ref und, under the section iPhone/iPad return policy, it says "A 25% open box fee will be assessed on any opened unit (per unit). A 15% restocking fee will be assessed on closed box returns (per unit). "
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,258
Reaction score
9,019
I'm referring to this clause in the official iphone refund policy that says there is a fee, so just wanted to confirm in actual practice do they charge a fee.

https://www.apple.com/sg/shop/help/returns ref und, under the section iPhone/iPad return policy, it says "A 25% open box fee will be assessed on any opened unit (per unit). A 15% restocking fee will be assessed on closed box returns (per unit). "
we all have experience returning already.
 

luckygal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
11,568
Reaction score
3,284
Well, I am very sure Apple will reseal those look like new set with no defects one as brand new. Why? I encounter before, with defects out of box, and also a set with fingerprints als

Also apple cares a lot on customer satisfaction. That is why they allow return of phones
If Apple cares a lot, would not resell those opened sets. 😂
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
I'm referring to this clause in the official iphone refund policy that says there is a fee, so just wanted to confirm in actual practice do they charge a fee.

https://www.apple.com/sg/shop/help/returns ref und, under the section iPhone/iPad return policy, it says "A 25% open box fee will be assessed on any opened unit (per unit). A 15% restocking fee will be assessed on closed box returns (per unit). "
This is to protect themselves. But technically, if you return here, there is no charge. Only apply to sets bought directly from Apple. Because every yr there will be a few gonggong will go to apple store to try return their shopee/lazada set and kanna rejected.
 

luckygal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
11,568
Reaction score
3,284
maybe those unboxed ones. else maybe as brown box.
Yes. That’s exactly what I read. Opened box as refurbished sets. Then newly sealed perhaps like what our moderator said, resell.
 

chari-men

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Messages
6,304
Reaction score
2,574
I see. Coz I can’t remember where but I seem to read before Apple doesn’t do that. They would use the returned sets as refurbished sets etc. I feel Apple should not allow returns at zero cost unless faulty set. That’s why some people would heck care order more and return since it’s so convenient.

i think they will likely resell those look like new one as brand new to consumers..similar to sets i encountered before from lazada..shopee.. amazon etc.. if those condition not as good one they will probably charge the customer who returned some fees and then dispatch them as refurbished replacements sets under RMA...
I'm referring to this clause in the official iphone refund policy that says there is a fee, so just wanted to confirm in actual practice do they charge a fee.

https://www.apple.com/sg/shop/help/returns ref und, under the section iPhone/iPad return policy, it says "A 25% open box fee will be assessed on any opened unit (per unit). A 15% restocking fee will be assessed on closed box returns (per unit). "
this returning without fees have been there for a long time liao.. xmas time can even return without charges for 1 month..
 

luckygal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
11,568
Reaction score
3,284
i think they will likely resell those look like new one as brand new to consumers..similar to sets i encountered before from lazada..shopee.. amazon etc.. if those condition not as good one they will probably charge the customer who returned some fees and then dispatch them as refurbished replacements sets under RMA...

this returning without fees have been there for a long time liao.. xmas time can even return without charges for 1 month..
Oh Shopee Lazada definitely. Not just iPhones. That’s why I don’t buy expensive items from those platforms. As for Apple Stores, yah I think I remember one staff telling me for opened sets, they will not resell but use as refurbished or replacement sets.
 

Deathzz

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 2, 2009
Messages
6,358
Reaction score
834
Why buy from lazada in first place? Its a dying platform
Lazada shopee have 150~ off voucher. Apple store doesn't. For apple phone almost quite rare to have any voucher discount. Can be at msrp for awhile
 

luckygal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
11,568
Reaction score
3,284
Lazada shopee have 150~ off voucher. Apple store doesn't. For apple phone almost quite rare to have any voucher discount. Can be at msrp for awhile
Is it worth to buy from those platforms for just a little savings? To me those platforms are always meant for small items non-expensive items.
 

ShinnAsuka

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Messages
8,800
Reaction score
5,353
Well, I am very sure Apple will reseal those look like new set with no defects one as brand new. Why? I encounter before, with defects out of box, and also a set with fingerprints als

Also apple cares a lot on customer satisfaction. That is why they allow return of phones
I may be wrong, may be duped by their policy but i dont think so. If you kena and bought from apple store, you could make the 1 for 1 exchange anyway

i think they will likely resell those look like new one as brand new to consumers..similar to sets i encountered before from lazada..shopee.. amazon etc.. if those condition not as good one they will probably charge the customer who returned some fees and then dispatch them as refurbished replacements sets under RMA...

this returning without fees have been there for a long time liao.. xmas time can even return without charges for 1 month..
I dont think laz and shopee has refurbished sets right? I do see unsealed before.


Why buy from lazada in first place? Its a dying platform
Is it worth to buy from those platforms for just a little savings? To me those platforms are always meant for small items non-expensive items.
As little savings as it can get, it could be worth as much as financing a brand new airpods 5, an apple pencil etc.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
Is it worth to buy from those platforms for just a little savings? To me those platforms are always meant for small items non-expensive items.
When a single phone cost so much, i think some people will try to get as cheaper as possible. So, the vouchers these platforms provided is a good pulling decision for them.
 

Jitter

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2026
Messages
782
Reaction score
227
Is it worth to buy from those platforms for just a little savings? To me those platforms are always meant for small items non-expensive items.
Dunno for newer iphone preorder stage or newly release, but after some time or even longer iphone no, its authorize reseller, this one cannot ai pi ai qi ai tua liap ni. Its not like 700sgd or lower those iphone(have risk also) not selling at apple website liao and now also don't have also.
 
Last edited:

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
37,832
Reaction score
10,080
I may be wrong, may be duped by their policy but i dont think so. If you kena and bought from apple store, you could make the 1 for 1 exchange anyway


I dont think laz and shopee has refurbished sets right? I do see unsealed before.




As little savings as it can get, it could be worth as much as financing a brand new airpods 5, an apple pencil etc.
Yup that is what I did. But whether they do that anot I am not sure. Speaking based on what I experienced
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top