iPhone 18Pro/Pro Max Discussions

What colors did you choose for 18 pro?

  • Burgundy

    Votes: 38 37.6%
  • Glacier

    Votes: 27 26.7%
  • Black

    Votes: 26 25.7%
  • Silver

    Votes: 10 9.9%

  • Total voters
    101

JnkTfk

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
So what's the consensus in terms of battery life for 18 pro?
Currently on the 16 pro and is on the fence towards 18 pro max for the battery life and extra screen real estate but worried about the size and weight.
16 pro battery life was quite bad for me, at least 2 charges in a normal day.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,137
Reaction score
3,182
So what's the consensus in terms of battery life for 18 pro?
Currently on the 16 pro and is on the fence towards 18 pro max for the battery life and extra screen real estate but worried about the size and weight.
16 pro battery life was quite bad for me, at least 2 charges in a normal day.
Even if battery life is poor on the iPhone 18 Pro Max, it charges up really fast.

Maybe this might help you.
 

iosnewbie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2015
Messages
9,925
Reaction score
3,098
So what's the consensus in terms of battery life for 18 pro?
Currently on the 16 pro and is on the fence towards 18 pro max for the battery life and extra screen real estate but worried about the size and weight.
16 pro battery life was quite bad for me, at least 2 charges in a normal day.
I’m still using IP16PM and tried an IP18PM demo set at Challenger. The additional weight on the IP18PM was immediately noticeable.
 

argentinafa

Master Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2003
Messages
3,126
Reaction score
505
This morning my Pitaka case finally arrived. I posted pictures on the case thread. So today is the day that I finally get to use my 18PM since I got my phone 4 days ago on Tue at Apple Orchard.

It has been a solid 2 mths since Aug 8th that I last used an iPhone. Even I'm pleasantly surprised at myself. Missing the feel of iOS very much though, although I still have my M4 iPad Pro for playing games. Sold my 17PM after getting F8U from Samsung online. One UI makes me feel very adaptable quickly. I find iOS keyboard corrects my typo error better. I'm using default Samsung keyboard, maybe Gboard corrects errors better than Samsung.

My 18PM panel is a GH3. I'm fine with it as I'm on dark mode. When I tweak to light mode, it isn't as warm/yellowish as those pics that I saw on macrumours/reddit on LG panels.

After I checked panel then I reset my phone to factory settings again to get rid of the stack files (coz I don't like them there, tks to kashix for teaching me). And re-setup from iCloud to get back all my apps, precise apps arrangement, and all settings including alarm clock timings etc restored.

Happy with my Burgundy & Pitaka!
 

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2011
Messages
34,946
Reaction score
2,323
This morning my Pitaka case finally arrived. I posted pictures on the case thread. So today is the day that I finally get to use my 18PM since I got my phone 4 days ago on Tue at Apple Orchard.

It has been a solid 2 mths since Aug 8th that I last used an iPhone. Even I'm pleasantly surprised at myself. Missing the feel of iOS very much though, although I still have my M4 iPad Pro for playing games. Sold my 17PM after getting F8U from Samsung online. One UI makes me feel very adaptable quickly. I find iOS keyboard corrects my typo error better. I'm using default Samsung keyboard, maybe Gboard corrects errors better than Samsung.

My 18PM panel is a GH3. I'm fine with it as I'm on dark mode. When I tweak to light mode, it isn't as warm/yellowish as those pics that I saw on macrumours/reddit on LG panels.

After I checked panel then I reset my phone to factory settings again to get rid of the stack files (coz I don't like them there, tks to kashix for teaching me). And re-setup from iCloud to get back all my apps, precise apps arrangement, and all settings including alarm clock timings etc restored.

Happy with my Burgundy & Pitaka!
Gxgx, i had both gvc and g9n side by side for comparison.
I am ok with either haha.
Not so anal on the color as long as the screen not jerky like the 60hz ipad mini, i am happy liao
 

rinchan22

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
1,219
Reaction score
667
This morning my Pitaka case finally arrived. I posted pictures on the case thread. So today is the day that I finally get to use my 18PM since I got my phone 4 days ago on Tue at Apple Orchard.

It has been a solid 2 mths since Aug 8th that I last used an iPhone. Even I'm pleasantly surprised at myself. Missing the feel of iOS very much though, although I still have my M4 iPad Pro for playing games. Sold my 17PM after getting F8U from Samsung online. One UI makes me feel very adaptable quickly. I find iOS keyboard corrects my typo error better. I'm using default Samsung keyboard, maybe Gboard corrects errors better than Samsung.

My 18PM panel is a GH3. I'm fine with it as I'm on dark mode. When I tweak to light mode, it isn't as warm/yellowish as those pics that I saw on macrumours/reddit on LG panels.

After I checked panel then I reset my phone to factory settings again to get rid of the stack files (coz I don't like them there, tks to kashix for teaching me). And re-setup from iCloud to get back all my apps, precise apps arrangement, and all settings including alarm clock timings etc restored.

Happy with my Burgundy & Pitaka!
Idk. I find myself having more typos on iOS Gboard keyboard than Gboard on Android. Any idea how to make the default number row show on iOS native keyboard?
 

kashix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
14,430
Reaction score
4,162
Idk. I find myself having more typos on iOS Gboard keyboard than Gboard on Android. Any idea how to make the default number row show on iOS native keyboard?
Same here, typing is more accurate on Android, imo. Gboard is more superior on Android. How is Gboard on iOS?
 

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2009
Messages
20,356
Reaction score
10,222
ios keyboard is terrible when pcw on forums. will any how backspace or jump around

but gboard layout is too busy, can mistype. it is faster to register my keystrokes

i use both keyboard without auto complete. if only ios can display number rows.... apple is ****, took them years to improve their calculator app
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top