iPhone 18Pro/Pro Max Discussions

What colors did you choose for 18 pro?

  • Burgundy

    Votes: 38 37.3%
  • Glacier

    Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Black

    Votes: 26 25.5%
  • Silver

    Votes: 11 10.8%

  • Total voters
    102

manutd168

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
1,286
Reaction score
402
still on the fence cos I worry can't transfer Whatsapp history, bout 28GB, anyone successfully migrated from Oppo with move to iOS app? but seems move to iOS is not available on google play. Any idea if third party paid legit app will be successful?
28gb of WhatsApp? Omg
 

nuscape

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2013
Messages
1,011
Reaction score
148
28gb of WhatsApp? Omg

if you have been using WA for more than a decade 28GB data is normal, some ppl have more even.
WA is the only app that unfortunately we use it a lot here in our region for personal and work too. And it is the app that make u think twice before switching mobile OS. BTW don't wanna carry 2 phones just because of WA liao.
 

manutd168

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
1,286
Reaction score
402
if you have been using WA for more than a decade 28GB data is normal, some ppl have more even.
WA is the only app that unfortunately we use it a lot here in our region for personal and work too. And it is the app that make u think twice before switching mobile OS. BTW don't wanna carry 2 phones just because of WA liao.
I turn on disappearing msg nowadays
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,274
Reaction score
9,025
if you have been using WA for more than a decade 28GB data is normal, some ppl have more even.
WA is the only app that unfortunately we use it a lot here in our region for personal and work too. And it is the app that make u think twice before switching mobile OS. BTW don't wanna carry 2 phones just because of WA liao.
Important photos or videos just copy them to folders. Then just empty WA.

My father's WA got so many of these junks from friends and associates that his phone storage is full. I have to delete everything for him and teach him to delete if no use. WA is really a junk warehouse.
 

manutd168

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
1,286
Reaction score
402
Important photos or videos just copy them to folders. Then just empty WA.

My father's WA got so many of these junks from friends and associates that his phone storage is full. I have to delete everything for him and teach him to delete if no use. WA is really a junk warehouse.
Set disappearing msgs after 90days for him
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,572
Reaction score
4,179
No froztheart, it’s the other way round. Not our Android phone isn’t updated enough to dl the apk, it’s Apple developers don’t wanna host it on Android PlayStore anymore lol. Same scenario as SG Pools app. You can find it on AppStore, but Android users got to go to official Sg pools website to dl the .apk file.

Anyway, I found the apk file for you already bro nuscape.
It’s on Apple website: Move to iOS Official App (Android .apk file)

Choose Android 6.0 or later (Universal).
Hmmm.. that's weird as I am still seeing it in my Play Store on my Androids. Just got an update too. :s22:
And yes you’re right that it must be a resetted iPhone, choose Transfer from Android option. Connect both phones by usb-c cable. <—for @nuscape.

Now I know why Apple took down that Move to iOS apk from PlayStore. On the latest Android 17, there is No Need for the Move to iOS app anymore, to transfer files from Android to iOS when you’re switching hp. Link is here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/118670#noapp

Too bad I restored from my iCloud as I feel that alot of my old 17PM settings are better inline to my 18PM. Hence at the 18PM startup screen I didn’t choose the option ‘Transfer from Android’.
Right, so its built in now instead.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,323
Reaction score
6,583
Yesterday went down with my friend to collect her new 18PM. The genius person told my friend it doesn't work with matte screen protector. I show them my phone with matte screen protector and ensure them it will work just like any other clear protector. The genius person was stun and said it works??????
 

kashix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
14,436
Reaction score
4,164
Yesterday went down with my friend to collect her new 18PM. The genius person told my friend it doesn't work with matte screen protector. I show them my phone with matte screen protector and ensure them it will work just like any other clear protector. The genius person was stun and said it works??????
You believe what the so called “Genius” say and their expert opinion? LOL many don’t even know what they are talking about. I went to pick up my iPhone 18 Pro. The person was telling someone else, iPhone all sold out no stocks. I showed him the page with all 3 stores showing availability and able to pick up today. I told him, full of stocks, not sure what he smoking that day. A lot of noobs working there for sure.
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,274
Reaction score
9,025
You believe what the so called “Genius” say and their expert opinion? LOL many don’t even know what they are talking about. I went to pick up my iPhone 18 Pro. The person was telling someone else, iPhone all sold out no stocks. I showed him the page with all 3 stores showing availability and able to pick up today. I told him, full of stocks, not sure what he smoking that day. A lot of noobs working there for sure.
i guess he is trying to make a sale? haha
 

kashix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
14,436
Reaction score
4,164
i guess he is trying to make a sale? haha
Make sale by telling ppl no stocks when there is plenty available? Guess this is the results of mass hiring for seasonal job for iPhone launch, you get those who barely know anything pretending to be experts.
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,274
Reaction score
9,025
Make sale by telling ppl no stocks when there is plenty available? Guess this is the results of mass hiring for seasonal job for iPhone launch, you get those who barely know anything pretending to be experts.
You do know there are smokers around right. Haha
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top