iPhone 18Pro/Pro Max Discussions

What colors did you choose for 18 pro?

  • Burgundy

    Votes: 39 37.1%
  • Glacier

    Votes: 28 26.7%
  • Black

    Votes: 26 24.8%
  • Silver

    Votes: 12 11.4%

  • Total voters
    105

koohansen

Master Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2000
Messages
3,151
Reaction score
194
Yea they once told me it’s alright to reset my iPhone and the eSIM will still be there. I even questioned them and both of them said if it didn’t and I have to pay to get the eSIM installed again then go back to find them. But they were damn confident. Guess what it didn’t stay and it was gone. Couldn’t be bothered to go back to claim the $5 (?) install fee. M1 waived it instead. Even their technicians might not be very good, once I went to the apple orchard to get my phone checked, but end up I didn’t do any repair because it was out of warranty, and when I went back home the phone got into boot loop. Turns out water got into the top speaker because they didn’t seal it back properly, but I got no evidence against that since I brought it home already. I only know about this after going to mr mobile to get it diagnosed and have the Face ID component removed. Almost every iPhone I got has issues, so I pay for AppleCare these days. Even now my iPhone 16 pro battery can’t startup the phone from a dead battery (took 9 hours to get it boot up after many long boot loops), and the battery health die die stay at 80%. Still under warranty until Nov so will see how it goes this time.
If your repair has a case ID, there will be a follow up survey, you can mark them down over there.

I had similar issues with the 80% battery replacement threshold, you have to declare something else that remote diagnostic cannot detect. Ask for an express replacement.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,164
Reaction score
3,192
Yesterday went down with my friend to collect her new 18PM. The genius person told my friend it doesn't work with matte screen protector. I show them my phone with matte screen protector and ensure them it will work just like any other clear protector. The genius person was stun and said it works??????
Depends on what type of matte. Glass can. Film cannot.

Source: Own experience.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,164
Reaction score
3,192
You believe what the so called “Genius” say and their expert opinion? LOL many don’t even know what they are talking about. I went to pick up my iPhone 18 Pro. The person was telling someone else, iPhone all sold out no stocks. I showed him the page with all 3 stores showing availability and able to pick up today. I told him, full of stocks, not sure what he smoking that day. A lot of noobs working there for sure.
This is not any of the 3 Apple Store right?
 

kashix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
14,440
Reaction score
4,169
I heard 1 of the “Genius” telling customers who purchased iPhone if they are pasting tempered glass. Say only the Belkin Ultra Glass can work for iPhone 18 Pro series for Face ID recognition. Yes, it’s Ultra, Ultra carrot head.
 

GeForce

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
1,711
Reaction score
25
Orchard Apple Store, a lot of noobs inside working
Had a sour experience picking up an online order at Orchard Road Store.

I was kind of stunned when the staff assisting me showed me a QR code on their device for me to scan, rather than them scanning my order QR code from my device. Did not give it much thought, and followed to scan their QR code. It's a link that eventually pulls up the Apple Store app, and prompts you to agree to disclose some pretty sensitive information, while the staff probes me to simply "accept it" as it helps to facilitate a quicker pick-up process.

I was like "no, this is not right, and how does this even speed up the process of order collection". Instead, the staff just wasted more time explaining what this QR code is about and the more i hear the more uncomfortable it gets as much as they emphasize that data "privacy" is maintained. So i outright rejected this process, and did the usual pick-up process I have always been doing for in-store pick ups.

The QR code that they made me scan was called "Connect and Personalize", for those who are keen to look it up. Quite ridiculous to call it a "faster pick-up process" when it clearly isn't.
 

argentinafa

Master Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2003
Messages
3,142
Reaction score
520
Had a sour experience picking up an online order at Orchard Road Store.

I was kind of stunned when the staff assisting me showed me a QR code on their device for me to scan, rather than them scanning my order QR code from my device. Did not give it much thought, and followed to scan their QR code. It's a link that eventually pulls up the Apple Store app, and prompts you to agree to disclose some pretty sensitive information, while the staff probes me to simply "accept it" as it helps to facilitate a quicker pick-up process.

I was like "no, this is not right, and how does this even speed up the process of order collection". Instead, the staff just wasted more time explaining what this QR code is about and the more i hear the more uncomfortable it gets as much as they emphasize that data "privacy" is maintained. So i outright rejected this process, and did the usual pick-up process I have always been doing for in-store pick ups.

The QR code that they made me scan was called "Connect and Personalize", for those who are keen to look it up. Quite ridiculous to call it a "faster pick-up process" when it clearly isn't.
The Connect & Personalize thing actually allows them to see how many apple devices we own when they pull out our info via the Apple Store app. It’s actually very secured, as they reassured me always that once they check out their basket, the device doesn’t retain any of our info. Nothing at all. That QR code even has a time out function. Apple is a brand that upholds security very seriously. We can’t even install any app outside of App Store, unlike Android can install .apk files outside of Play Store.

It allows the staff to make some small talk, if they see maybe you don’t have an Apple Watch, they might cross-sell to you after you’ve bought your 18PM. Or maybe you’ve been using your M2 iPad Pro, they might up-sell iPad Pro M5 to you etc.

They just wanna recommend something better to us based on what we have currently, or what we’ve bought before. Or are we an avid AppleCare+ user or not. Instead of them asking us questions one by one. When they see that you have an array of Apple Products, then they’ll know that you’re an iSheep lor.

You are right bro about the fact that this Connect & Personalize thing doesn’t speed up the pickup process at all. It’s the same speed. As this year is the 1st time that I sold off previous year’s iPhone (17PM) before collecting my 18PM, I just ask them to type the W code on their device when I showed them my W code on Messages in my F8 Ultra. Same speed as when they scan your email QR code. I don’t even have the email QR as it’s inside my iCloud inbox as I ordered using my iPad. I’m lazy to log in iCloud email using Samsung browser. After they do that, their inventory staff inside will pick up our order and send it outside to the retail floor.
 

argentinafa

Master Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2003
Messages
3,142
Reaction score
520
Depends on individual. I know some not bad and quite friendly at each Apple Store.

Jaafar from Apple Orchard. But don't see him now.
Anna from Apple Orchard doing Today at Apple. I know her since 23 May 2017
Power lar you bro. Can rem the staff by name. I walk out from Apple Store straightaway forget liao lol.
 

Arandalo

Master Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2014
Messages
4,103
Reaction score
1,252
Had a sour experience picking up an online order at Orchard Road Store.

I was kind of stunned when the staff assisting me showed me a QR code on their device for me to scan, rather than them scanning my order QR code from my device. Did not give it much thought, and followed to scan their QR code. It's a link that eventually pulls up the Apple Store app, and prompts you to agree to disclose some pretty sensitive information, while the staff probes me to simply "accept it" as it helps to facilitate a quicker pick-up process.

I was like "no, this is not right, and how does this even speed up the process of order collection". Instead, the staff just wasted more time explaining what this QR code is about and the more i hear the more uncomfortable it gets as much as they emphasize that data "privacy" is maintained. So i outright rejected this process, and did the usual pick-up process I have always been doing for in-store pick ups.

The QR code that they made me scan was called "Connect and Personalize", for those who are keen to look it up. Quite ridiculous to call it a "faster pick-up process" when it clearly isn't.
I had this encounter also with the Apple Store staff at Jewel Changi Airport when I did my store pickup for online order, asking me to scan their QR code instead. I did not know what were the steps or apps required if I were to scan their QR code, but I knew it will likely be some app related which I detest as I don't like to install extra apps or use unnecessary stuff, so I just told the lady staff to scan my email QR code instead and she complied.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top