iPhone 5 cannot received calls when in LTE

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2002
Messages
18,466
Reaction score
1,027
Its the network.

I am using blackberry and very often get this in the past, usually after I just reached home after coming out from lift where signal disappear and reconnected back.

To fix it, either switch off and reconnect your network or reboot your phone.

Its not Phone issue, but its Network TELCO issue.

Singtel is really bad on this.
 

DQUEK123

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2009
Messages
1,295
Reaction score
1
So there are two part problem to this issue.

1. Iphone 5 LTE chip problem cannot switch fast enough to 3G for voice call
2. Telco problem, waiting for Carrier update from Apple just like verizon had 13.1 (M1 and Singtel is now 13.0) but the carrier 13.1 update is for wifi problem not LTE.


However, there are people do not exhibit any of these problem on M1 and Singtel network... So chances are ip5 LTE chip problem?

I am one of them do not have these problem after day 3 (rebooted my phone)

Just my 2 cents.
 
Last edited:

edm_11

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2004
Messages
598
Reaction score
2
but how can we be sure its the LTE chip? go back singtel to exchange how can they verify also? worse they test on the spot with LTE on and incoming calls can come in at that point lol
 

edm_11

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2004
Messages
598
Reaction score
2
hahah just tested again and only manage to receive 1 out of 3 calls. I did see it switch to 3g but somehow it still did not come in. the switching part lag hence call did not manage to come in. i realise it happens more frequently at night...
 

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2004
Messages
13,838
Reaction score
2,284
Last time when 3G just launch, also got this problem where calls cannot come in when I'm surfing. Although it had been ages but I still remembered. Give them some time to resolve the issue. Definitely nothing wrong with phone, it's the network.
 

DQUEK123

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2009
Messages
1,295
Reaction score
1
hahah just tested again and only manage to receive 1 out of 3 calls. I did see it switch to 3g but somehow it still did not come in. the switching part lag hence call did not manage to come in. i realise it happens more frequently at night...

U called 3 times to yourself, did you call and wait for 3G to revert to LTE or continuously calling while the phone still on 3G.

OK, you call one time to yourself LTE changed to 3G.
second time you call yrself,, you must wait for 3g revert to LTE otherwise it will not get thru.

This is what I observed. Because I think the phone is going back to LTE signal and at the same time a call comes in during this period, it will not go thru. But this is not a problem unless you are super popular guy and a lot of friends calling you.

Assuming u just hang up a call and your phone switching to LTE, at this moment your Girlfriend call u and cannot get thru due to the fact the phone is in the process of switching back to LTE.. such scenario quite rare.
 
Last edited:

edm_11

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2004
Messages
598
Reaction score
2
i called and wait for it to switch back to LTE. Your scenario is indeed rare lol. Well as long as it s network then im ok and not hardware issue. but strange some experience some dont.. oh well... LTE off then..
 

memoriess

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
2,035
Reaction score
74
I think this might be the switching from 3G to LTE problem. I had no problem receiving calls in LTE mode but today when I am on LTE I can't receive call.
 

edm_11

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2004
Messages
598
Reaction score
2
so its random i guess and netwrok related. was still thinking of going to exchange a new set at comm center yest
 

yssiang

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Messages
68
Reaction score
1
I suspect it's due to the cell tower! I've got a friend who have no problem receiving calls when he's in Tuas with LTE on but the moment he reaches central area in Singapore, he can't receive calls with LTE on anymore!

Areas affected for "unable to receive calls with LTE on" seems to be happening at central areas of Singapore such as Toa Payoh, AMK and Kallang!

This is just my hypothesis.
 

sanjeevrana

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2011
Messages
2,083
Reaction score
0
This is all Cell Towers related since IP5 needs to jump to a 3G signal to continue with the call and if it is unable to do so in a period of time, the call gets dropped. This is all because the LTE network is still in infant stages here ... seems like a Beta to me :)

Over a period of time, all towers would be upgrade/updated with proper switching and you wont have this thread anymore ... !
 

chrislzh

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2003
Messages
946
Reaction score
0
You are right.... I got the drop calls on LTE only at Central area. So really might be the tower.
 

memoriess

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
2,035
Reaction score
74
I got some problems here also. The first time my friend can't called through but the second time managed to call through. Usually I don't have this problem. Is it something wrong with my phone or something? Once the LTE changed to 3G I realized got phone call coming.
 
Last edited:

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2001
Messages
23,995
Reaction score
5
i am quite sure its a singtel issue, have been with them for a few years and on various iphones before iPhone 5, the same line sometimes cannot receive calls, will get missed call alerts via sms etc.

#@%$#^^ singtel :s13:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top