iPhone 5S battery life

hstz

Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2003
Messages
262
Reaction score
0
So far I feel 5s batt drains faster than 4s. Seems like something is sucking it dry. Eg, went out with 85% this morning. Didn't use it much except surfing for 5min. Now it's 58%.

That's 27% for 6-8 hours use?
 

Jaemian

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2011
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
2013-09-22%2020.52.38.png


Brand new iPhone 5s, and the battery life is atrocious. The phone is constantly warm even if I leave it on airplane mode. Thinking there's something wrong with my phone.
 

StationA

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2011
Messages
1,106
Reaction score
201
So far I feel 5s batt drains faster than 4s. Seems like something is sucking it dry. Eg, went out with 85% this morning. Didn't use it much except surfing for 5min. Now it's 58%.

must be sth wrong... that's like an unoptimized Android phone....
 

unchecked

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2008
Messages
1,908
Reaction score
0
after my rt, i was on a bus and read these and macrumors forums on 3g (4g is off) and my battery drained 77% to 73% in the time it took the bus to reach 4 bus stops. that's like... 5-10 mins of 3g for 4%?

imagine if background refresh is on... wa jia lat.
 

Buckbrick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2011
Messages
13,588
Reaction score
0
Oh No... Battery/management issues again?? I feel the A7 chip is the main culprit.
 

Buckbrick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2011
Messages
13,588
Reaction score
0
2013-09-22%2020.52.38.png


Brand new iPhone 5s, and the battery life is atrocious. The phone is constantly warm even if I leave it on airplane mode. Thinking there's something wrong with my phone.

Lol, DONT charge the phone and watch youtube.
 

Jaemian

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2011
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
What's the point of doing that? I think I should just bring it back to Singtel and get a new one instead.
 

Buckbrick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2011
Messages
13,588
Reaction score
0
If it's more than a few with the same prob, it's not a lemon liow. It's a production prob that Apple have to resolve. Replacing the phone would not help. And the phone feeling warmer, I guess its due to the thin alu case conducting heat more than the 4S. The 4s was like plastic and glass that's way thicker. Phone's charging now as I'm surfing and it's not even warm.

What I do for now is turn stuff that was on by default like wifi, Bluetooth to off, LCD to lower brightness. Stuff I'd been doing for every iphone I've used.
 

PumpkinX

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2005
Messages
799
Reaction score
0
So any conclusion guys? Remember always use cellular data only when doing your tests. iPhone 5's batt is phenomenal when on wifi but literally half its life when on cellular so it's not accurate if you keep switching to or use only wifi. Apple advertised 8hours browsing time on 3G/4G for the iPhone 5 while I can get barely more than 4 at the most. I am waiting to see if this false advertising carries over to the 5s
 

chaicka

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
22,530
Reaction score
2
Hi guys...

Just a survey on how long your iphone 5 or 5S battery last?

Can it last for one full day?

Also - do you all plug and charge your phones once you are in office at your desk?

Or it is still recommended to follow the charge only when the battery is below 20% rule.

5 - more than a day with typical whatsapp, line, phone call, facebook, surf for news, etc.
 

midzisupremo

Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
239
Reaction score
0
Waa sian la the battery life. Charge n charge. I off many things to save batt. I even unchecked all the spotlight search... Any tips to make 5s batt life longer?
 

benlau1

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2012
Messages
1,204
Reaction score
3
Got any protective case with battery which can work with iphone 5S?

Those kind where the battery is with the case...

I find using power bank and the cable to charge a bit ma fan at times...

Dunno the phone put where when charging...
 

thegirl12345

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2012
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
my iPhone 5s battery life sucks.
if we bring it to exchange over the counter will the next batch phone battery be better hopefully?
 

badsector

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2001
Messages
6,521
Reaction score
57
mine does drain faster.... watching movie on VLC.. 15min drop 5%..
maybe still too new? need time to run in the batt i guess.
 

faithsilence

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2002
Messages
6,716
Reaction score
48
I turn off all push notifications beside whatsapp, turn off wifi, blue-tooth, location services, background app refresh. I was left about 68% (around 8pm) after I charged and stopped charging at around 12am last. night. Auto Screen brightness about 30%. 4G is on all the way. Made 1 call and a few iMessages and few whatsapp.
 

muddle

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2000
Messages
6,988
Reaction score
0
I would suggest you guys to restore the phone and slowly reinstall the apps. I find it puzzling to see all sort of method to save the battery. If you off everything maybe can use nokia 3210.

Both my ipod touch 5th gen and ip5s can last as it meant to be. If you hog the screen all day and play real racing 3 or fifa14, of course it'll drain the battery fast.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top