calvintorrie
Junior Member
- Joined
- May 14, 2011
- Messages
- 20
- Reaction score
- 2
ok, thanks for the adviceDon’t bother about these camera protectors, they’ll just degrade your pictures.

ok, thanks for the adviceDon’t bother about these camera protectors, they’ll just degrade your pictures.
ok, thanks for the adviceDon't do that
zealot privacy. so far no problem ehwhat screen protector you guys using? i am using zeelot one, but after a week, got scratches liao and i never put my phone in pockets or with keys.
zealot privacy will degrade the screen reso ma?
Just to give you a better picture, here's how discolouration on my 12 Pro Max Baltic Blue leather case, used since launch day. You can see the discoloured abrasion marks on the edges.
And here, where how patina forms now on these new type of leather cases, usually more evident on the edges where you hold the phone.
Just to give you a better picture, here's how discolouration on my 12 Pro Max Baltic Blue leather case, used since launch day. You can see the discoloured abrasion marks on the edges.
And here, where how patina forms now on these new type of leather cases, usually more evident on the edges where you hold the phone.
Im using Aliexpress $2+ one, also tried on a Shopee privacy one $2+, so far i compare, holding up pretty wellwhat screen protector you guys using? i am using zeelot one, but after a week, got scratches liao and i never put my phone in pockets or with keys.
Thanks for the images! Guess I'm ok with that level of wear and tear, though I'm still curious what their warranty will cover. I went with the golden brown case, but now I'm thinking if I should switch to a darker colour since the wear and tear marks should be hopefully less obvious...the dark cherry looks pretty nice too!
I'm no expert in leather products and on petina but the edges look more like colour fading & wearing off due to contact? Petina would be more evenly spread on larger surface areas?
The new leather cases are like that now, unlike 11 series and prior due to an extra coating. The edges are the most obvious as they're the surfaces that contact most.
Just to give you a better picture, here's how discolouration on my 12 Pro Max Baltic Blue leather case, used since launch day. You can see the discoloured abrasion marks on the edges.
And here, where how patina forms now on these new type of leather cases, usually more evident on the edges where you hold the phone.
Nice watch at the back!
See liao damn heart pain, I've decided that since I bring my phone out to run almost daily, the sweat will cause it to get damaged faster, I shall return the case to Apple and get a cheaper one. Not fated to use one haha
Just to give you a better picture, here's how discolouration on my 12 Pro Max Baltic Blue leather case, used since launch day. You can see the discoloured abrasion marks on the edges.
And here, where how patina forms now on these new type of leather cases, usually more evident on the edges where you hold the phone.
My iPhone 12 Pro Max Baltic Blue also turned out like that, didnt like the color so didnt use it for my 13 Pro Max. I have better patina experience with Nomad so i will probably got back to that but only bad thing is it is quite bulky
No matter dark or light colour leather case, sure discolour. I tried different colour apple leather case, all the same as what u encountered. For 13PM, I got the midnight leather case.13 Pro Max also don't have Baltic Blue case now. I'd still get Apple's leather cases regardless of how the patina forms, prefer 1st party cases on my iPhones now.
No matter dark or light colour leather case, sure discolour. I tried different colour apple leather case, all the same as what u encountered. For 13PM, I got the midnight leather case.
Uh me too and I have been using Apple leather case for years. What I did was to slot it in a protective cover (something like ziplock but better quality) when I go for my runs.Nice watch at the back!
See liao damn heart pain, I've decided that since I bring my phone out to run almost daily, the sweat will cause it to get damaged faster, I shall return the case to Apple and get a cheaper one. Not fated to use one haha
Thanks! It really looks good, but a bit pricey...
Im currently on https://www.spigen.com/collections/...13-pro-case-liquid-air?variant=39955563642927
Not much reason for magsafe for now for me...

Using spigen alignmaster. So far so good. Bought hoda sapphire screen protector to try since it was on discount and I have never used sapphire before. Waiting for it to ship.what screen protector you guys using? i am using zeelot one, but after a week, got scratches liao and i never put my phone in pockets or with keys.
I think that patina forming way is not unique to just Baltic Blue. We shall see for now i am wary of it and wait for more people to try and see the effect.13 Pro Max also don't have Baltic Blue case now. I'd still get Apple's leather cases regardless of how the patina forms, prefer 1st party cases on my iPhones now.