IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

buayloti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2005
Messages
20,460
Reaction score
0
hi all would like to double check, for RT session 8 ,14 and 20 is rt ippt right?
 
Last edited:

Gibboo

Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2005
Messages
154
Reaction score
7
Hey bros- for the RT NS portal booking, I missed one lesson (Absent) - and I'm unable to book my makeup (ie 20 sessions + 1 makeup) as the system only allows 20 bookings inclusive of absent sessions. Checked with the lady at the FCC and she says that she is unable to book the make up on her end as well. Any advice?
 

dunnoy

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2010
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Hi bros, need help here. My ippt window closes on the 12 of March, and I have not taken my ippt. This is my 1st cycle of ippt Im taking and I dont think I will be able to pass it. I have booked ipt on 6 of March and will try to aim for band1 and have booked ippt together on 9 of March to aim for the band1 to clear the window for this year.

Is this method possible to clear the window for this year? If its possible to clear, do I need to wait for the band result for ipt to release before I go for the ippt to aim for the band1? - as Im afraid the system will not update the band result before I take my ippt on 9 of March and the ippt result do not take the band1 result as target.
Really cant afford to go for the 20 RTs as exams are coming up. Regreting not taking the 10 session of ipt beforehand.. Need help.. Thanks!
 

Xylitol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
5,536
Reaction score
6
Hi bros, need help here. My ippt window closes on the 12 of March, and I have not taken my ippt. This is my 1st cycle of ippt Im taking and I dont think I will be able to pass it. I have booked ipt on 6 of March and will try to aim for band1 and have booked ippt together on 9 of March to aim for the band1 to clear the window for this year.

Is this method possible to clear the window for this year? If its possible to clear, do I need to wait for the band result for ipt to release before I go for the ippt to aim for the band1? - as Im afraid the system will not update the band result before I take my ippt on 9 of March and the ippt result do not take the band1 result as target.
Really cant afford to go for the 20 RTs as exams are coming up. Regreting not taking the 10 session of ipt beforehand.. Need help.. Thanks!

usually ipt banding will update in 3 working days, im not sure it might be in time on 9 march
 

PastaKong

Senior Member
Joined
May 27, 2009
Messages
1,295
Reaction score
518
I took my IPT 1st lesson IPPT last week. Passed my 2.4 run but failed shuttle run and situp. If I go and retake the ippt, must i take everything again ? or just the 2 failed stations ?

Not very familiar with the system now. Any kind bros can ans me ?
 

Raider04

Master Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
3,159
Reaction score
0
I took my IPT 1st lesson IPPT last week. Passed my 2.4 run but failed shuttle run and situp. If I go and retake the ippt, must i take everything again ? or just the 2 failed stations ?

Not very familiar with the system now. Any kind bros can ans me ?

Just booked a new IPPT and passed it. After which IPT has no more business with you.
 

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
60,615
Reaction score
79
Hey bros- for the RT NS portal booking, I missed one lesson (Absent) - and I'm unable to book my makeup (ie 20 sessions + 1 makeup) as the system only allows 20 bookings inclusive of absent sessions. Checked with the lady at the FCC and she says that she is unable to book the make up on her end as well. Any advice?

Call ns.sg hotline, they should be able to help you.
 

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
60,615
Reaction score
79
I took my IPT 1st lesson IPPT last week. Passed my 2.4 run but failed shuttle run and situp. If I go and retake the ippt, must i take everything again ? or just the 2 failed stations ?

Not very familiar with the system now. Any kind bros can ans me ?

Must retake whole test. I believe partial pass is only for those who failed 1 static station.
 

dunnoy

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2010
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
usually ipt banding will update in 3 working days, im not sure it might be in time on 9 march

Ah thanks for warning! Omg.. Will 8 of March make it in time? I can still change the booking to 8 of March. And can the ippt booked together with the ipt be used for the band1 requirement or do I need to book the ippt after the band result is out? Really Dont want to go for RT :( Thanks!
 

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
60,615
Reaction score
79
Ah thanks for warning! Omg.. Will 8 of March make it in time? I can still change the booking to 8 of March. And can the ippt booked together with the ipt be used for the band1 requirement or do I need to book the ippt after the band result is out? Really Dont want to go for RT :( Thanks!

U can't book ipt together with ippt.

Book ipt 1st, 3-4 working days later when your band is out, then book an ippt to clear it.

Got 9 months to clear but want to wait till last min, then now panic...
 

dunnoy

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2010
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
U can't book ipt together with ippt.

Book ipt 1st, 3-4 working days later when your band is out, then book an ippt to clear it.

Got 9 months to clear but want to wait till last min, then now panic...

:(:( Really regret neglecting ipt.. I booked ipt and ippt together with 3 days in between in case ippt no slot after the 3-4 working days. Guess it doesnt work that way. I will go cancel the ippt for now and wait for the band result to be out before I book again. Thanks.
And I just saw the system message

b) You are strongly encouraged to sign up for IPT if you need additional help to train for your IPPT. The first session must commence before 12/12/2012.

But I can still book for the ipt.. So does this means even if I go for the ipt, it wont be counted or I can just ignore the date and still go for it? Many thanks!!
 

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
60,615
Reaction score
79
You can still go just that the only way u can complete your ipt is meeting your ppt.
 

Lordzephyr9

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2006
Messages
16,435
Reaction score
1
im still thinking if i should go for RT or IPT. RT = 20 paid session. IPT = 10 non-paid + 8 paid session. intensity wise both same right?
 

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2010
Messages
5,707
Reaction score
10
im still thinking if i should go for RT or IPT. RT = 20 paid session. IPT = 10 non-paid + 8 paid session. intensity wise both same right?

intensity wise both very different.

IPT can only be done during the 1st 9 months of your window.

RT can only be done during the last 3 months of your window.

if you have no problem doing 20 RT sessions within a short span of 3 months then go for it.

but since you need at least 1 day of rest between each session, the max number of sessions you can clear in a week is 3.

so you will need at least 7 weeks to clear your RT.

however, if you factor in FCC block leave, public holidays, non RT-IPPT days, work/school/etc commitments, you might not be able to clear your 20 RT sessions within 7 weeks.

and you need to at least attempt and complete at least 1 IPPT (can be in the form of a IPT-IPPT) within the 1st 9 months of your window or you will be charged as an IPPT defaulter.
 

Xylitol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
5,536
Reaction score
6
I took my IPT 1st lesson IPPT last week. Passed my 2.4 run but failed shuttle run and situp. If I go and retake the ippt, must i take everything again ? or just the 2 failed stations ?

Not very familiar with the system now. Any kind bros can ans me ?

shuttle run and sit up is the easiest stations leh :s22:, go train up abit more and pass the test

but to ans ur qn, partial only applies to 1 station
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top