IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
60,615
Reaction score
79
I thought we can just take any IPT-IPPT at any point of time? And if we failed it, it won't be counted as in 1 IPT session? Sorry, only confused at the booking part

Yes...u can book an ippt anytime if u think meet your ppt.
 

Takechan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2005
Messages
10,386
Reaction score
6
your 1st and last (ie. 10th) ipt session is an ipt-ippt. other sessions are normal ipt training sessions.

the system will know if you are ipt-ippt or just normal ipt.

for khatib fcc, you are doing ipt-ippt then you will in-pro at the ippt counter instead of the ipt counter. not sure for other fcc though.
Yes...u can book an ippt anytime if u think meet your ppt.
Ok, just gave a call to NS hotline to clarify further. I understand about the conversion of IPT to IPPT now.. that's only if I went with through all required IPT sessions, and at the 1st and last it will be converted.

Since I just wanna do an IPPT but just to meet my PPT band, I should book an IPPT at 5PM.

The IPT-IPPT word just made things confusing for me earlier on.

Thanks guys!
 

Polygonic

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,975
Reaction score
0
Problem and I need help!

I missed my IPT IPPT and I'm now left with 3 months to clear my 20 rts. Based on my current workload in uni, I don't even I can go any until May. I must clear by 26 May. Will I get charged if I can't clear 20 rts? And 20 sessions is si being a lot
 

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2010
Messages
5,707
Reaction score
10
give you 9 months to clear 10 ipt sessions you don't want to do early...

never complete all rt sessions will be charged as rt defaulter...
 

Polygonic

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,975
Reaction score
0
give you 9 months to clear 10 ipt sessions you don't want to do early...

never complete all rt sessions will be charged as rt defaulter...

IKR. I did 3 IPTs. booked some IPPT, but always slip my mind. Busy working and studying haiz.
 

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
60,615
Reaction score
79
For RT extension, it's 3 months + 1 month, so total 4 months. The extra month will be taken from your new window. Then your new window will only be 8 months.

Can only apply for extension after 5th session.
 

KidSaviour

Junior Member
Joined
May 19, 2006
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Attended only 1 lesson of IPT and now I basically defaulted IPT/IPPT. So now I have to complete 20 RT session starting next week until my window close on June. No need to report to CMPB to answer why I too lazy to go IPPT/IPT and tio charge right?

Will the 8th/20nd session RT-IPPT will be base on IPPT target by default or my IPT band target?
 
Last edited:

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2010
Messages
5,707
Reaction score
10
based on my understanding,

since you got attend the first ipt session, which is a ipt-ippt, you are considered to have attempted at least 1 ippt and thus you will not be charged as ippt defaulter.

no such thing as ipt defaulter.

since you did not complete all 10 ipt sessions, your rt-ippt will be based on normal ippt targets.
 

KidSaviour

Junior Member
Joined
May 19, 2006
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
based on my understanding,

since you got attend the first ipt session, which is a ipt-ippt, you are considered to have attempted at least 1 ippt and thus you will not be charged as ippt defaulter.

no such thing as ipt defaulter.

since you did not complete all 10 ipt sessions, your rt-ippt will be based on normal ippt targets.

Good hear I no need pay $100. (Already got charged once during ICT, S4 damn heartless and fined me $50 instead of warning)

So now I just have to suck it up and clear my 20 sessions of RT

Thanks for the quick reply.:D
 

aLeX84

Master Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2004
Messages
3,096
Reaction score
1,122
Anybody knows whether we are still entitled to earn the various IPPT incentives (pass $100 silver $200 gold $400) if we attain one of the above standards during RT-IPPT? I managed to whack until silver during my 2nd RT session but no incentive credited into my account :s11: :s11: Kranji FCC OIC was nice enough to listen to my pleas that I can pass on 2nd RT session and allowed me to do so, that's why I managed to take IPPT on the 2nd RT session. Also quite desperate lah cos my window closing soon, nearly impossible for me to clear all RT sessions. Big thank you to Kranji FCC! :s12:
 

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
60,615
Reaction score
79
Anybody knows whether we are still entitled to earn the various IPPT incentives (pass $100 silver $200 gold $400) if we attain one of the above standards during RT-IPPT? I managed to whack until silver during my 2nd RT session but no incentive credited into my account :s11: :s11: Kranji FCC OIC was nice enough to listen to my pleas that I can pass on 2nd RT session and allowed me to do so, that's why I managed to take IPPT on the 2nd RT session. Also quite desperate lah cos my window closing soon, nearly impossible for me to clear all RT sessions. Big thank you to Kranji FCC! :s12:

Yes, if you pass, you will still get the $. When did you take the test? May take a week or 2 to update and give u the money.
 

aLeX84

Master Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2004
Messages
3,096
Reaction score
1,122
Yes, if you pass, you will still get the $. When did you take the test? May take a week or 2 to update and give u the money.

NS.sg only state that I attend 2 sessions and complete RT program with RT-IPPT, but there's no record of the IPPT that I took during the 2nd RT. Furthermore, it states that I have FAILED IPPT for my 2012 window, so not really sure of getting the incentive??

Actually mine experience is damn long story la... I got injured during August last yr taking non-ICT IPPT at Maju, spend the next few month recovering. I didn't pay attention to new system and received "surprise" sms after the 9-month IPPT window close, saying I was RT personnel. Ok nevermind, I go check the NS.sg to see what they say about RT and under the Release from RT section, here is what I saw:

NSmen will be released from the RT program under the following circumstances:
a. Pass ICT-IPPT, any of the IPPT conducted during the RT program, or non-ICT IPPT.
b. Complete the full duration of the RT program.
c. Meet PPT for those who are attending the 8 sessions RT after completing the IPT/E1 PEP.


So by this logic, you are supposed to be able to book non-ICT IPPT during your RT right? Well, according to our dear NS.sg call centre aunties, this is wrong. When I tried to book non-ICT IPPT, the system wouldn't let me do so. The only thing I could book was RT, which I didn't want to go for due to time constraints. I called NS.sg and tried to argue my case. No dice cos they have no power to allow NSmen to book non-ICT IPPT on their end. I get forwarded to my NS HRC and the clerk there says I should book RT session, explain my case to the FCC OIC (some WO) and they will probably allow your RT session to be upgraded to a RT-IPPT. Ok so I book Maju (again:s8:) and try to explain my situation to the WO there. He says he can't do anything until my NS HRC sends him an e-mail that "authorizes" him to let me do RT-IPPT :s11:
The rationale behind this is some units actually want their men to complete all 20 sessions of RT (usually because the men play punk, default IPPT/RT altogether the past few times) but obviously he can see from my past record that's not the case. Up to that date I had attended 0 RT sessions and passed all my IPPT since 2008 :s8:

Ok nevermind he want to cover backside I understand. I call my NS HRC again, tell them they need to send e-mail to the FCC and book another 2 session of RT, this time all at Kranji, all the while emphasizing the urgency of my situation. First session I attend, I walk into the FCC office straightaway look for the FCC OIC, wait 5min+ for OIC to tell some fat-f*** how to cover medically if he want to keng RT. Finally my turn and I explain my situation. He say he receive no e-mail or any notification from my NS HRC. Wah ******* kancheong la, my window closing in less than a week. Then he look further and see my record, then say ok I let you take RT-IPPT cos based on your past record you got good chance to pass. Heng I really pass + incentive (dunno whether eligible anot :s22:) and here we are now.

Q1. Why is the NS.sg website so misleading? If MINDEF policy doesn't allow RT personnel to book non-ICT IPPT to be released from then what the f*** is this section doing there :s11:

NSmen will be released from the RT program under the following circumstances:
a. Pass ICT-IPPT, any of the IPPT conducted during the RT program, or non-ICT IPPT..


Even the Maju WO agreed with me, saying that section shouldn't be there and someone in MINDEF screwed up in writing that page.

Q2. Why the f*** is communication between the NS HRC and the FCCs so screwed up? Ask them to send 1 simple e-mail and they can fail to either receive/send. Next time we should make them type and send snail mail, afterall we should have confidence in our Singpost as it's been rated no.1 in the WORLD :s13:

Hope this story helps a fellow soldier out there :s22: oh and any thoughts on whether I'm eligible for the silver incentive despite achieving it through RT-IPPT, is much appreciated :s8:
 

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
60,615
Reaction score
79
U still have the result slip of your rt-ippt? That's your proof if u want to claim the $.
 

aLeX84

Master Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2004
Messages
3,096
Reaction score
1,122
I think I threw the slip away :s13: but it should be in the system right? The WO told me he would update the system with my result. Ok la so long as the system shows that I have cleared my IPPT/RT for 2012 window I'm not complaining too much, just felt cheated out of $200 but too lazy to really go bang table for it :s8:
 

Hitokirii

Senior Member
Joined
May 20, 2005
Messages
1,744
Reaction score
7
Need some guidance on the proper procedure to excuse chin up station.

Ns man here

My arm sprain 2 months ago still cannot recover.
My ippt window going to be close in 3 month. Dun think can make it in time.

Even though is a lot better now, still got sharp pain just by hanging.
Go see specialist directly ask for x ray , then go mo endorse ? Must tell any other department , so the ippt system will know ?
 

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2010
Messages
5,707
Reaction score
10
go see specialist, ask for memo to excuse ippt/chin-up.

make an appointment ns hotline or your ns unit for a medical review with the MO.

show him the memo and hopefully he will endorse/approve it.
 

Xue

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,166
Reaction score
27
I joined a new company recently and they gave me time-off to attend RT/IPT.

However, in the end my company deducted my pay under "Reservist" pay. I tried to claim from MINDEF and they rejected me.

How? :(

Are they allowed to do this to me? Deduct my pay? Without knocking 1hr earlier, how am I supposed to attend RT on time which starts at 6?
 

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2010
Messages
5,707
Reaction score
10
RT is similar to ICT...

the money you get from SAF for RT and ICT is not extra money. it is to reimburse you for your lost of income while serving the nation.
 

Xue

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,166
Reaction score
27
I didnt nor want extra money. Just that for the first time in my life, my basic salary was deducted by going off earlier for RT. It amounted to a few hundred dollars which is quite a lot for me.

For ICT i can file MUP claim on top of service pay but RT i am not allowed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top