is it necessary for keyboard protector?

PsYkOoOoO

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2009
Messages
706
Reaction score
0
If you use moshi clearguard, it won't feel rubbery. I agree that those clear china silicon protectors feel rubbery.

Hmm, I haven't actually used that before, personally. But still, I like the naked feel of the keyboards I guess. Hell, I don't even have a casing for my iPhone.
 

clause

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2010
Messages
1,753
Reaction score
0
Yea, I do use the moshi one, however from my personal experience, the feeling without it still feels the best. So yea cheers.

I still do kind of feel the protector there, it is a little bit harder to type, just the feeling that's all.

I do use the moshi protector here and there.
 

millefeuilles

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2011
Messages
916
Reaction score
0
It's all about personal preference. It's not a must, but if you would like to use one, I would recommend Moshi.The quality is better than the cheaper ones out there.
 

renbulao

Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
229
Reaction score
0
Was given a keyboard protector as free gift. it makes typing harder vs without the protector.
 

NuboxSG

Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2011
Messages
451
Reaction score
0
It's wholly dependent on personal preference, but a kb protector does make cleaning much easier. Cos the accumulated grime and dirt over time makes the whole keyboard pretty unhygienic.

But if you clean your keys often, it should not be much of a problem. I personally do not use a keyboard protector as it's not as comfortable to type on.

Though my keys turn shiny, but I think it makes you feel that you have fully utilized the machine...LOL
 
Last edited:

Kiddream

Master Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2004
Messages
2,871
Reaction score
140
I'm using the moshi clearguard for my Black Macbook. My keyboard still look as good as new after 4 years+. I like the keyboard protector on because it blocks out dirt and dust from entering the keypad. The feel of typing is definitely better without protector but Im used to it now.
 

speedster4005

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2007
Messages
2,164
Reaction score
1
Well, whilst I don't use a keyboard protector on my macbooks, my sister's one had it before, I think it was Moshi. Anyway, she noticed a gray stain/smoke
stain in a specific area on the keypad, must be near the processor. It seems the heat was trapped by the protector. From that time on she refrained from using a kb protector.
 

NuboxSG

Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2011
Messages
451
Reaction score
0
Yes, the processor is usually located on the left hand side of the keyboard. By having a keyboard protector on, it might make heat slightly harder to escape.
 

qing.wen

Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2010
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
i prefer to use a KB protector as it prevents the keys from turning shiny.

easier to sell it off when selling as second hand. looks newer and taken care of.
 

giogioarmani7

Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2011
Messages
120
Reaction score
0
Yup, nobody here is arguing about using or not...its all about preference. Its nice that we can share our preference here in this forum. For myself, i will use the protector on and off coz i will wanna sell in future and upgrade later...never knows.
 

sushimonster

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2003
Messages
662
Reaction score
12
I just realize after reading this thread that there's an improvement in sound quality from the speakers by removing the keyboard protector from my MBA.
 

icyfirey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2004
Messages
10,613
Reaction score
0
I like my mac without the keyboard protector, it's so much nicer to type on it. the protector just muffles the sound decreasing user experience
 

newbie123456

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2011
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
really?i have no idea that the keyboard protector affects the sound:s22:
but i still like to have the key board protector on, because you can really keep the dirt from entering the "gaps" of the keyboard& protects from any accidental water spills(happen before)
 

00Ace00

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2010
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
i'm a imac user. And i used to have the keyboard protector but after reading this thread i took it off. It's easier to type.

For your reference :D
 

melankholy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2003
Messages
16,221
Reaction score
741
sorry to dig but any of you guys have seen a final cut pro version for keyboard protectors in singapore?
 

voodoomojo

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2010
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
i used to put the protector on. but it muffles the sound cuz the speakers come from under the keys. and usually im lying down with the laptop propped against my thighs. water wan to spill also spill on me first la hahah
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top