Is Lychee now very expensive?

JohannSu1864

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2021
Messages
13,116
Reaction score
9,096
Last year lychee season ard Sept/Oct, I eat like 400-600g of lychee daily, cost me $2-$3 at a neighbourhood shop. I indulge cause it was cheap. Once sheng shiong offer filled a bag full at $5.50. The auntie kept encourage me to fill more. Then I remb reading an article about a kid died after eating too much lychee. Heng I didn't. Also not heaty n didn't put on weight. Mango season I also eat alot cheap mango. Then I got mouth ulcer after eating longan, so I dare not eat longan.
 

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2009
Messages
20,367
Reaction score
10,224
Last year lychee season ard Sept/Oct, I eat like 400-600g of lychee daily, cost me $2-$3 at a neighbourhood shop. I indulge cause it was cheap. Once sheng shiong offer filled a bag full at $5.50. The auntie kept encourage me to fill more. Then I remb reading an article about a kid died after eating too much lychee. Heng I didn't. Also not heaty n didn't put on weight. Mango season I also eat alot cheap mango. Then I got mouth ulcer after eating longan, so I dare not eat longan.

wah how come so cheap? I got tried china one, it tasted less juicy and not sweet, not sure if shop sell expired one, and that’s $9 for 400g
 

white_prince

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 14, 2012
Messages
26,832
Reaction score
6,657
Last year lychee season ard Sept/Oct, I eat like 400-600g of lychee daily, cost me $2-$3 at a neighbourhood shop. I indulge cause it was cheap. Once sheng shiong offer filled a bag full at $5.50. The auntie kept encourage me to fill more. Then I remb reading an article about a kid died after eating too much lychee. Heng I didn't. Also not heaty n didn't put on weight. Mango season I also eat alot cheap mango. Then I got mouth ulcer after eating longan, so I dare not eat longan.
SS lelong sale of lychee in a full bag considered cheap
 

menthol28

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2007
Messages
21,637
Reaction score
14,914
China season for lychee should be around july- sept, now season over. Any lychees you get should be from somewhere other elsewhere then China and probably costs more because of this
 

Monstruo^

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
24,965
Reaction score
13,003
This thread makes me feel like eating rambutan and lychee. Thanks TS.

:o :s13:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top