J.J. Abrams commandeers STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS

Jerry007

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2004
Messages
14,392
Reaction score
0
From collider.com:
After new images from J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek Into Darkness emerged today, one little photo caption has sparked renewed interest in the continuing debate over whether or not Benedict Cumberbatch’s character John Harrison is, in fact, Khan. Entertainment Weekly has had a slew of the Star Trek sequel’s images and poster reveals to date, so it’s a bit odd to think that this caption wasn’t cleared by someone in the know. Then again, it could have just been an editorial oversight (and if so, that editor might be about to get the Red Shirt treatment).

star-trek-into-darkness-khan-600x365.jpg
 

elbib00

Master Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2003
Messages
4,871
Reaction score
60
Big big fan of Sherlock.

Hoping Benedict Cumberbatch kicks some serious ass in this show.
 

xinng7

Master Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2004
Messages
3,907
Reaction score
0
used to hate star trek...

but the new adaptions under JJ Abrams is very good though. now i have faith for star wars 7-9.
 

ericwilis

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
1,309
Reaction score
7
I thought the movie supposed to release like next week or so. Apparently its already in cinema .
Im also suprised that it is not as crowded as ironman
 

enrell69

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
2,229
Reaction score
3
I thought the movie supposed to release like next week or so. Apparently its already in cinema .
Im also suprised that it is not as crowded as ironman
the movie abit so so only lei though the acting of the villain is awesome !!
 

galliano

Master Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2001
Messages
4,336
Reaction score
121
Just caught it @ Downtown East.

I'm a 37yr old, not a Star Trek follower, but I have caught the earlier ver by JJ which i enjoyed very much.

I'll say it upfront .. this sequel kinda disappoints. Yes, there were many entertaining set moments in the film. But it just couldn't sustain its appeal. I found myself yawning a couple of times, chuckled occasionally at the quick-fire banter ... but after the 2hrs. It felt much more like a typical sci-fi tv episode with a huge budget.

And yes, Cumberbatch owns the show. His scenes are the only moments of intense and sheer excitement.

3/5 stars for me.
 

tazzycorner

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2004
Messages
40,698
Reaction score
6,469
Just caught it @ Downtown East.

I'm a 37yr old, not a Star Trek follower, but I have caught the earlier ver by JJ which i enjoyed very much.

I'll say it upfront .. this sequel kinda disappoints. Yes, there were many entertaining set moments in the film. But it just couldn't sustain its appeal. I found myself yawning a couple of times, chuckled occasionally at the quick-fire banter ... but after the 2hrs. It felt much more like a typical sci-fi tv episode with a huge budget.

And yes, Cumberbatch owns the show. His scenes are the only moments of intense and sheer excitement.

3/5 stars for me.

not a fan of star trek either
but I enjoyed the show
 

ericwilis

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
1,309
Reaction score
7
Has anyone watch 3d version yet.
How was it. I see a lot effect purposely made for 3d
 

yes1705

Master Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2004
Messages
3,173
Reaction score
0
I watched the IMAX 3D version. Unfortunately, the actions sequences look blurry because they look very close to our eyes. I'm not sure which scenes are specially shot in IMAX. According the ending credits, they got someone to do 3D conversion. So the movie was not shot in 3D format in the first place.
IMO, an IMAX 2D format will do more justice to the presentation of this movie.
 

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2001
Messages
36,557
Reaction score
88
not a fan of star trek either
but I enjoyed the show

i highly enjoyed the show too..!! i had high expections of the movie... yet it was better than i expected... this one is more action packed than the 2009 one... and the villian is 1000x better...!

watched 2D version at grand cathay... i am quite convinced that the quality of the cinema i choose to go to can affect the amount i enjoy an action packed movie...


regards,
wacky
 

docomospur

Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
306
Reaction score
15
I watched the IMAX 3D version. Unfortunately, the actions sequences look blurry because they look very close to our eyes. I'm not sure which scenes are specially shot in IMAX. According the ending credits, they got someone to do 3D conversion. So the movie was not shot in 3D format in the first place.
IMO, an IMAX 2D format will do more justice to the presentation of this movie.

I watched it at Shaw Lido last night and agree with you. Would have preferred to watch this in IMAX 2D, may watch it again in normal Digital.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top