Jetstar offline payment....

sendtolee

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2008
Messages
940
Reaction score
0
Guys,

I need some info in case anyone here kena before so can share with me.

So I booked a flight on Jetstar website yesterday. Eg total $500. I choose Payment at Singpost and the service charge is $6. So total $506.

At the Post office yesterday, I only pay $500 and forget to include the $6 service charge. (Note: Singpost doesn't check how much you are suppose to pay) Singpost will give you a form to write much much you are paying. Whatever amount u write in the form, Singpost will key in that amount and you pay that amount.

So, I still owe Jetstar $6.

I called up Jetstar today and told them this, the operator checked and confirm I still owe them $6 so she transferred me to an automated phone system where I key in my credit card number and they collected the $6.

After that, I received my Itinerary through e-mail.

So my question is, will the bank charge me fee for this $6? If yes, how much? Cannot be $10 right? $10 is the fee they charge you if you choose credit card payment in the first place instead of any other options.

Anyone kena this before?

Thanks for advice.

The fee of $10 is charged by jetstar, not credit card direct.

You can call your credit card company and asked what had been charged to your card for this ticket.
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
You could have bought $300 worth of Jetstar vouchers using credit card. And used it against $288 of payment.

Travel hack.

the person needs time to think and plan ...
if use voucher, you must pay on the spot ... no 48 hours for u to consider ...
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Guys,

I need some info in case anyone here kena before so can share with me.

So I booked a flight on Jetstar website yesterday. Eg total $500. I choose Payment at Singpost and the service charge is $6. So total $506.

At the Post office yesterday, I only pay $500 and forget to include the $6 service charge. (Note: Singpost doesn't check how much you are suppose to pay) Singpost will give you a form to write much much you are paying. Whatever amount u write in the form, Singpost will key in that amount and you pay that amount.

So, I still owe Jetstar $6.

I called up Jetstar today and told them this, the operator checked and confirm I still owe them $6 so she transferred me to an automated phone system where I key in my credit card number and they collected the $6.

After that, I received my Itinerary through e-mail.

So my question is, will the bank charge me fee for this $6? If yes, how much? Cannot be $10 right? $10 is the fee they charge you if you choose credit card payment in the first place instead of any other options.

Anyone kena this before?

Thanks for advice.

since u have received your itinenary, then should be no issue with the bookings. perhaps is that $6 that you have been charged ? is best to call up your cc company and check with them ...
 

Gordonator

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
5,557
Reaction score
0
Ok just an update in case anyone wanna know too. I checked my ibank and the pending deduction for my credit card is just $6. Meaning no additional transaction fee or the addition $10 credit card fee as imposed by Jetstar.

So all in all, for anyone paying at the Post Office, please remember to pay exactly and correctly the amount you are suppose to pay, including the $6 service charge. Cos the Post Office won't check. And If you send lesser, like me, at least I still can top up over the phone. If you send more than you are suppose to, I cannot imagine how difficulty it will be for you to get the balance back.

Lastly, Jetstar doesn't seem proactive or take the initiative to contact me to inform me of this, I have to call them up myself. So I wonder what if I never found out of this mistake? :slant:

Guys,

I need some info in case anyone here kena before so can share with me.

So I booked a flight on Jetstar website yesterday. Eg total $500. I choose Payment at Singpost and the service charge is $6. So total $506.

At the Post office yesterday, I only pay $500 and forget to include the $6 service charge. (Note: Singpost doesn't check how much you are suppose to pay) Singpost will give you a form to write much much you are paying. Whatever amount u write in the form, Singpost will key in that amount and you pay that amount.

So, I still owe Jetstar $6.

I called up Jetstar today and told them this, the operator checked and confirm I still owe them $6 so she transferred me to an automated phone system where I key in my credit card number and they collected the $6.

After that, I received my Itinerary through e-mail.

So my question is, will the bank charge me fee for this $6? If yes, how much? Cannot be $10 right? $10 is the fee they charge you if you choose credit card payment in the first place instead of any other options.

Anyone kena this before?

Thanks for advice.
 

finale1

Master Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2004
Messages
2,756
Reaction score
715
Usually if you choose pay at singpost, Jetstar with show the u final amount to pay which is $506.

I will usually screenshot that final amount Becos it tells me 2 things;

1) the time I book the ticket
2) final amount to pay at singpost

Ok just an update in case anyone wanna know too. I checked my ibank and the pending deduction for my credit card is just $6. Meaning no additional transaction fee or the addition $10 credit card fee as imposed by Jetstar.

So all in all, for anyone paying at the Post Office, please remember to pay exactly and correctly the amount you are suppose to pay, including the $6 service charge. Cos the Post Office won't check. And If you send lesser, like me, at least I still can top up over the phone. If you send more than you are suppose to, I cannot imagine how difficulty it will be for you to get the balance back.

Lastly, Jetstar doesn't seem proactive or take the initiative to contact me to inform me of this, I have to call them up myself. So I wonder what if I never found out of this mistake? :slant:
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Usually if you choose pay at singpost, Jetstar with show the u final amount to pay which is $506.

I will usually screenshot that final amount Becos it tells me 2 things;

1) the time I book the ticket
2) final amount to pay at singpost

Jetstar would usually send a mail to you, to inform you that you have made a booking with offline payment option selected ...
Hence based on the timing of the email, you can gauge by what time must make payment ...

If you have a jetstar account, u can login to check the amount to be paid ...
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Where to buy from?

For jetstar voucher, you can buy from their website ...
They comes in 25, 50, 75, 100
If you have decided to use voucher, then you have to make ensure that you bookings amount falls within that voucher amount ...
Else the remaining amount, there would be additional charges if you wish to pay via enets or cc ...
 

boiboi123

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
1,928
Reaction score
5
Got it thank you very much

For jetstar voucher, you can buy from their website ...
They comes in 25, 50, 75, 100
If you have decided to use voucher, then you have to make ensure that you bookings amount falls within that voucher amount ...
Else the remaining amount, there would be additional charges if you wish to pay via enets or cc ...
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Got it thank you very much

If you are using voucher for "very competitive promo" such as $0 fare.
Would not recommend using voucher ...
Since the promo fare can be gone any time if u F5 ...

Would recommend you to use voucher if you are booking a normal promo ...
Cox u would need to keep adjusting your total amount to fit within your voucher amount. is very troublesome ...
 

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
5,231
Reaction score
726
Just trying to get a tix to HK.
It shows total is $275.27....

Even if I buy ($200 + $50 + $25) voucher, still have 27cents left....

How best to pay such amount.....
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Just trying to get a tix to HK.
It shows total is $275.27....

Even if I buy ($200 + $50 + $25) voucher, still have 27cents left....

How best to pay such amount.....

My understanding is that, whatever balance, u can only pay using cc, or another voucher ... no offline payments allowed ...
 

stamploversg

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2016
Messages
529
Reaction score
4
Hi all, actually we can pay the offline payment “online” via SAM right? Or must personally go to post office / 7-11?
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
if dun pay means cancel? need pay penalty fee?
can make booking again immediately?

usually offline payment must be made within 2 days ...
however, have noticed that my bookings still remains there up to 3 to 5 days.

if no pay, means auto forfeit ...
u make another new booking again ...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top