jogging and motivation thread

Scrabby

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2012
Messages
39,886
Reaction score
10,990
Got meh I see NB website where it so cheap
Shopee 10.10

Screenshot-20261011-025345-Shopee-SG.jpg
 

dreamaurora

Master Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2001
Messages
2,570
Reaction score
862
Transfer flights will be possible to get <$1k, night flights also possible. I went with the morning direct flight so the cost was higher.

What is Osaka marathon ballot % chance? I balloted both Taipei (30-33%) and Hong Kong half marathon (50-60%). I failed the former and managed to get the latter. Personally, I don't like the ballot system because you need to have backup race if the ballot doesn't go through. Prefer first come, first served. I don't mind balloting if I am not in any training block.

The marathon cost around like Gold Coast haha. Your hotel/return flight is good value for money. I am guessing you stayed further out from the race site (>45 minutes - 1 hour or more)?

Let's see how it goes, I might consider Osaka in 2028 :ROFLMAO:
No one knows the exact %, but it is definitely higher than Tokyo lol coz I balloted twice and both times I got. Whereas for Tokyo I balloted once, got, and then for the next 2 times never got anymore. In any case, Osaka marathon if you don't get the ballot Ahotu will sell package so that one can definitely plan for.

The big marathons in Japan are expensive. Tokyo same price. Kyoto's one for foreigner is $400+ lol. Cheapest marathon around the region I guess is still the Bangkok one I paid only $65 for it.

Actually, my visit this time is multi cities. So I will arrive at Tokyo first and then go to Nagoya then arrive in Osaka on Saturday. In Osaka I will be staying a few stations away from the marathon at Tennoji which is very convenient location wise and a lot of shopping options. Bring wife along must consider this, haha.
 

basic___

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
6,867
Reaction score
659
Been doing all my long runs >20km on the treadmill in preparation for BYD marathon.
Can catch up on some shows on netflix so it is relatively bareable. Not going to risk anything by running outside atm when the haze is so bad
 

Kuudere

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2016
Messages
25,984
Reaction score
17,216
No one knows the exact %, but it is definitely higher than Tokyo lol coz I balloted twice and both times I got. Whereas for Tokyo I balloted once, got, and then for the next 2 times never got anymore. In any case, Osaka marathon if you don't get the ballot Ahotu will sell package so that one can definitely plan for.

The big marathons in Japan are expensive. Tokyo same price. Kyoto's one for foreigner is $400+ lol. Cheapest marathon around the region I guess is still the Bangkok one I paid only $65 for it.

Actually, my visit this time is multi cities. So I will arrive at Tokyo first and then go to Nagoya then arrive in Osaka on Saturday. In Osaka I will be staying a few stations away from the marathon at Tennoji which is very convenient location wise and a lot of shopping options. Bring wife along must consider this, haha.
I want to go for the non-ballot ones first before having to stress about the balloting process. :ROFLMAO:

I recalled ahotu selling higher price for the Taipei Marathon 2027, can't recall the price but it was a guaranteed entry and don't have to ballot.

Budget trips like Malaysia/Thailand/Vietnam, will be in my annual schedule. Taiwan is a good middle ground. I am exploring Hong Kong next year, let's see how it goes.

I prefer the multi city visit after the marathon, I want to get the race out of the way first then enjoy properly. For my diet, I try to adjust accordingly as well. Then after the race, just eat whatever and have fun.
Kipchoge just won the Melbourne Marathon this morning and updated the course record.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2026-10...s-race-record-at-melbourne-marathon/107252768
I have a friend who ran this race and Pb, good choice to go for. I might consider in the future.
Been doing all my long runs >20km on the treadmill in preparation for BYD marathon.
Can catch up on some shows on netflix so it is relatively bareable. Not going to risk anything by running outside atm when the haze is so bad
s-Ha-Rgj-Q93Ed-Bor2o-WGMf-Ek-O2Ps-VBnguzn-C48LDub-Y8Y-1536x2048.jpg


My long run yesterday on treadmill, I spent the entire week on treadmill after signing up for my office gym membership.

Will return to outdoors running if the 1 hour PM2.5 is <=55 in my area. For now, this is the new normal. I am wearing mask when I go out also. Cannot afford to fall sick.
 

dreamaurora

Master Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2001
Messages
2,570
Reaction score
862
I want to go for the non-ballot ones first before having to stress about the balloting process. :ROFLMAO:

I recalled ahotu selling higher price for the Taipei Marathon 2027, can't recall the price but it was a guaranteed entry and don't have to ballot.

Budget trips like Malaysia/Thailand/Vietnam, will be in my annual schedule. Taiwan is a good middle ground. I am exploring Hong Kong next year, let's see how it goes.

I prefer the multi city visit after the marathon, I want to get the race out of the way first then enjoy properly. For my diet, I try to adjust accordingly as well. Then after the race, just eat whatever and have fun.

I have a friend who ran this race and Pb, good choice to go for. I might consider in the future.
I purchased this year Amazing Thailand FM slot from Ahotu and it was identical pricing to the official pricing. The FM slots were sold out officially within one hour but but plenty FM slots to go around in Ahotu. I think many were apprehensive whether it's legit or not.

I actually enjoyed Hanoi Standard Chartered FM a couple years ago. Interestingly it was almost spectator free, but the route was quite varied and scenic. And you got to see Vietnamese going through their usual morning activitites along the route.

Hongkong FM was rather boring. Very long stretches of highway and tunnel. I ran once enough already.
 

winningeleven

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2017
Messages
10,912
Reaction score
3,994
Went to my usual run at stadium just now at 1830 hr . As expected. Is like only 30% of the usual weekend people turned up for running / jogging.

Today I didn't eat enough as only having 1 meals at 11am only . That why Only ran 12km only 😂
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top