jogging and motivation thread

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,354
Reaction score
7,992
EDMWers would agree tio boh, priority seat is not the law.

Now we should not base on looks to judge who needs the priority seat. Some look young but have medical needs, while some look fit in their carbon plated super racing shoes, they may also have needs.

 

Kuudere

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2016
Messages
25,974
Reaction score
17,211
Good call.

Yesterday the group leaders of the training group that i join made the call to cancel last night's session, coz since morning already know for sure cannot make it. But 24h PSI was still 103 then (South).

Some participants were questioning this. Coz seriously not say high, to be honest.

The group leaders and some others just said sometimes you just gotta use trends by looking outside and current info and apply your own common sense. 🤭


Either that or join other groups i guess. On Tue, the 6.30, 7pm brief but big spike to comfortably well over AQI 200 levels and street level at Marina Boulevard the top of the skyscrapers already like mong cha cha, i still managed to see many groups and pax some well kitted pro looking folks even doing fast intervals, as in really fast stuff i guesstimate comfortably below 4:00 pace, probably pack 1 or something.
airgradient was showing spikes of over 165 ug/m3 (AQI 230 or something)


Last night also, at MBS n GBTB/BEG area. Tons of runners, cyclists not so much.
I just go there zone 1 with KF94 mask and look see F1 stuff and F1 tourist watching nia. Last evening last chance to do so, tonight i thnik they close the F1 admission gantries liao. 🤭
I am quite cautious now because I developed URTI from the haze and that affected my training. So, when I see the 1 hour PM2.4 as elevated, I rather go gym and run treadmill.

Grateful that I can use my company gym treadmill, the membership is cheap ($30 for 6 months).
Yeah, think 3:30 would be an ok pace, at most since got pacers now for bydsim, follow them but see how it goes haha. Still like to run on my own rather than with one group of ppl. But means if they are near me I am good haha.

Yeah plenty of good plans to follow.
Pacer is a good way to shut your mind and just let the momentum carry you forward. If you feel confident with the last few km, can always break off from the pacer and run your own race.
Definitely. Everyone are improving fast haha. I saw that achieving sub 3 at KLSCM,you will only be ranked like top 50 or 60 haha.
Yeah, nowadays I am seeing more Singaporeans even running 2.4x marathon.

https://runsingaporerankings.com/ra...rathon&nationality=singaporean&age=all&page=1

cool climate already have 21 singaporeans running <2.50 marathon.
Haha if I am able to lace up for BYDSIM, I may just attempt to go under 3.30. Only left 8 weeks and I am still unable to run atm
I have the same arch issue on my left foot that I sustained during my 2.4km training. Now, the soreness is less, but I still feel it from time to time.
 

Tudo88

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
1,223
Reaction score
1,116
I am quite cautious now because I developed URTI from the haze and that affected my training. So, when I see the 1 hour PM2.4 as elevated, I rather go gym and run treadmill.

Grateful that I can use my company gym treadmill, the membership is cheap ($30 for 6 months).

Pacer is a good way to shut your mind and just let the momentum carry you forward. If you feel confident with the last few km, can always break off from the pacer and run your own race.

Yeah, nowadays I am seeing more Singaporeans even running 2.4x marathon.

https://runsingaporerankings.com/ra...rathon&nationality=singaporean&age=all&page=1

cool climate already have 21 singaporeans running <2.50 marathon.

I have the same arch issue on my left foot that I sustained during my 2.4km training. Now, the soreness is less, but I still feel it from time to time.
My next goal for next year is actually Sub 3 haha. But need to push my HM to low 126 first.

Actually I have been running with the arch issue for a while but now that it have been affecting my runs, just got to stop. Like easy runs also become harder now
 

sph777

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2019
Messages
1,805
Reaction score
1,809
I am quite cautious now because I developed URTI from the haze and that affected my training. So, when I see the 1 hour PM2.4 as elevated, I rather go gym and run treadmill.

Grateful that I can use my company gym treadmill, the membership is cheap ($30 for 6 months).

Pacer is a good way to shut your mind and just let the momentum carry you forward. If you feel confident with the last few km, can always break off from the pacer and run your own race.

Yeah, nowadays I am seeing more Singaporeans even running 2.4x marathon.

https://runsingaporerankings.com/ra...rathon&nationality=singaporean&age=all&page=1

cool climate already have 21 singaporeans running <2.50 marathon.

I have the same arch issue on my left foot that I sustained during my 2.4km training. Now, the soreness is less, but I still feel it from time to time.
I tried to run treadmill today, lasted 1 min, found it too boring, decide to run outside anyway despite the haze. I guess have to get used to treadmill. Get well soon!
 

sph777

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2019
Messages
1,805
Reaction score
1,809
My next goal for next year is actually Sub 3 haha. But need to push my HM to low 126 first.

Actually I have been running with the arch issue for a while but now that it have been affecting my runs, just got to stop. Like easy runs also become harder now
may have to take a break like u said. Yeah I read online saying sub 3 must minimally 1.26. Cause I was looking at chatgpt to see if possible for me to aim sub 3 in korea haha
 

Tudo88

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
1,223
Reaction score
1,116
may have to take a break like u said. Yeah I read online saying sub 3 must minimally 1.26. Cause I was looking at chatgpt to see if possible for me to aim sub 3 in korea haha
With my 5,10 and HM stats, I was predicted to run around 310 which is what I want to try during BYD but with only 8 weeks left, that is out of the question already. Just hope to be able to lace up with no pain and break PB first haha
 

sph777

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2019
Messages
1,805
Reaction score
1,809
With my 5,10 and HM stats, I was predicted to run around 310 which is what I want to try during BYD but with only 8 weeks left, that is out of the question already. Just hope to be able to lace up with no pain and break PB first haha
Yeah, I think your immediate goal is to run pain-free.

For me, I am also surprised that until now I don't see any marathon training planned by coach yet. I also am going holiday in nov so think 3:30 may not even be in reach for me haha
 

Tudo88

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
1,223
Reaction score
1,116
Yeah, I think your immediate goal is to run pain-free.

For me, I am also surprised that until now I don't see any marathon training planned by coach yet. I also am going holiday in nov so think 3:30 may not even be in reach for me haha
You were training for HM before your marathon ma and your goal was Sub 90 so I think your coach reckon your goal of 3.30 is set too low hahaha.

Anyway you just need to complete of long runs with the end at MP then you are good to go already
 

dreamaurora

Master Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2001
Messages
2,567
Reaction score
861
For flat course, the nearest and cheaper one for us is the gold coast Marathon.
Berlin would be more prestige and desirable for star medal collectors.
Actually Osaka Marathon nearer and cheaper. Gold Coast is less convenient and definitely more expensive.

Osaka marathon's ballot odd is much better than Tokyo. And then also if cannot get ballot can always buy a hotel+bib package from Ahotu which is still quite reasonably priced.
 

Kuudere

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2016
Messages
25,974
Reaction score
17,211
My next goal for next year is actually Sub 3 haha. But need to push my HM to low 126 first.

Actually I have been running with the arch issue for a while but now that it have been affecting my runs, just got to stop. Like easy runs also become harder now
All the best, I will be looking to do 2 serious HM next year before my end of year M attempt in 2027.

Seems quite serious, my arch issue flares out mainly from time to time, could it be a shoe problem? Perhaps maximum cushioning shoes might help. I am considering switching to superblast 3 as my next trainer, was previously using the lousy versablast 4 as my trainer lol
I tried to run treadmill today, lasted 1 min, found it too boring, decide to run outside anyway despite the haze. I guess have to get used to treadmill. Get well soon!
Be cautious of the haze, I don't like running on treadmill but it's still bearable. Not sure how long this haze will last, but my guess is if it is serious enough, more races will be potentially cancelled.
Actually Osaka Marathon nearer and cheaper. Gold Coast is less convenient and definitely more expensive.

Osaka marathon's ballot odd is much better than Tokyo. And then also if cannot get ballot can always buy a hotel+bib package from Ahotu which is still quite reasonably priced.
I ran Gold Coast Marathon this year and spent about mid 2k for a 1 week trip there. Should be somewhere between 2.5-2.7k. The food/transport expenses was about $400+. Hotel about $1k (I didn't go for budget backpacker hotel). Flight about $900 (I took SQ).

The downsides of Gold Coast was:

1. It is 2 hours travel from brisbane airport. So, it is important to plan the flight such that you can take the train/bus and reach the hotel in time. I managed to take the morning flight and reach brisbane during dinner time (brisbane is 2 hours ahead). And was fortunate to check in before the hotel last check in time (*important to check hotel check in times).

2. Touristy place, if you dine near the beach, the cost of the food/drinks skyrocket.

3. Expensive to stay an additional day after race day due to peak hotel prices during the race days, but you must run fast enough to be able to check out of hotel in time.

The pros of Gold Coast was:

1. Easy to get in your shakeout run, just run along the beach, same as east coast park.

2. Vibrant race atmosphere, people will cheer you on. Had a few spectators cheer me on after they saw my race bib name haha

3. Flat course, good weather (started at 15C pre-race before warming up to 17-18C at the end)

4. The exhibition area sells race gels, don't have to travel elsewhere to purchase race gels.

5. Race isn't ballot. First come, first serve. The marathon slots were a lot easier to get than the half marathon. I initially wanted to race half marathon but couldn't get any slot so I decided to run my first marathon there.

I could've spent lesser than 2.5-2.7k, but I extended my trip to stay over in Brisbane for an extra 3 days. I could also have went for a cheaper backpacker hotel. One of my runner friends ran Gold Coast in 2025, he was only there for the race and stayed in backpacker hotel for 2-3 days. If you do this, then your spending will definitely be <2k. Probably high 1k?

Regardless, it is a once in a lifetime experience, I willn't be running Gold Coast Marathon in the future because I want to run a different marathon instead. :ROFLMAO:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top