jogging and motivation thread

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,307
Reaction score
11,585
1hr flat definitely can lah.

The Runner predicted 58:40 - 58:50, 2nd for Jakob. Kiplimo 1st.

 
Last edited:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,307
Reaction score
11,585
JfVWE2o.jpg
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,307
Reaction score
11,585
That time i ran just 18.81k @ 4.43 pace i joint discomfort liao. :frown: Despite just tempo.

10k i ran mid 38 mins also discomfort starting around 9k (total i ran 10.3 or 10.4k i think), but then i knew ending liao.

Sprint and short dualthlons no need run too much like HM.

I also cannot run long distance i think.......not up to it. (supplements like Mg, Boron, whey/sardines also got calcium, D3 all there liao). Maybe not recovering fast enough.
 

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2006
Messages
69,527
Reaction score
20,069
Can I ask you all is there any way to reach Marina Barrage by taking public transportation from Bukit Batok this coming Sunday before 7 am for the race ?
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,307
Reaction score
11,585
Can I ask you all is there any way to reach Marina Barrage by taking public transportation from Bukit Batok this coming Sunday before 7 am for the race ?

No way with MRT or bus. Sundays they start like 30 mins later one.

Or if dont mind doing a short jog, just end at Marina Pier South and run over.
If interested i draw out the route for you.....
 
Last edited:

Kuudere

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2016
Messages
25,954
Reaction score
17,193
That time i ran just 18.81k @ 4.43 pace i joint discomfort liao. :frown: Despite just tempo.

10k i ran mid 38 mins also discomfort starting around 9k (total i ran 10.3 or 10.4k i think), but then i knew ending liao.

Sprint and short dualthlons no need run too much like HM.

I also cannot run long distance i think.......not up to it. (supplements like Mg, Boron, whey/sardines also got calcium, D3 all there liao). Maybe not recovering fast enough.
HM need to fuel with gel and hydrate if want to perform well.

I was cramping up somewhere around 16-17km, might be due to inexperience and no gel/hydration.

I see HM as a fun run though, not my area of expertise so just run and see how I can perform. Execute the run well, but it wasn't an enjoyable distance for me like 5/10k.
After he did 27:27, next 5k splits were 16:16 and 16:21



He did well, 63:13. I wasn't expecting him to sustain the pace. Good effort, although many people bash him for it.
Can I ask you all is there any way to reach Marina Barrage by taking public transportation from Bukit Batok this coming Sunday before 7 am for the race ?
Bukit batok > take bus to beauty world mrt. Take to Stevens. Change to thomson-east coast line and take to Gardens by the Bay. Walk to Marina Barrage.
 

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2006
Messages
69,527
Reaction score
20,069
No way with MRT or bus. Sundays they start like 30 mins later one.

Or if dont mind doing a short jog, just end at Marina Pier South and run over.
If interested i draw out the route for you.....

I checked with Steven MRT Staff, they say can reached Garden By The Bay MRT at 630 am so I can just do a slow jog to Marina Barrage from there but I haven't walked before.
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,307
Reaction score
11,585
I checked with Steven MRT Staff, they say can reached Garden By The Bay MRT at 630 am so I can just do a slow jog to Marina Barrage from there but I haven't walked before.

Oh if you have access to any parts of TEL then can. It's just a very short 300m walk.

Or just hoot from Bukit Batok MRT (very short run to there) and arrive at Marina South Pier at around 6.25, then jog around 2k over just nice for warm up. If easier to access Bukit Batok MRT, best is this coz you reach there can hoot liao. Do some dynamic stretches on the MRT.

I just measured, just a 1.4k jog from Marina South Pier to marina barrage. 6.30 daybreak already, not scary one.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top