jogging and motivation thread

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,345
Reaction score
7,979
I am still not sure atm whether to continue marathon or focus on half and below.
Personally feel HM is the sweet spot, where the training of threshold and endurance has a pretty good mix, especially for those who can sub 2. And confirm we have one certified course with SCSM to benchmark.
Training requirement are also my sweet spot for a enjoyable run.
1, LSD : No need to train LSD > 30km. LSD at 21km is good enough.
2, Interval : Threshold cruising 1km at 5k pace needed. 2km at 10km pace.
3. Daily easy run, 7km to 21km . Ya LSD of 21km is also an easy daily training, literally mean the dreaded torturing LSD workout at > 30km is gone.
 

sph777

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2019
Messages
1,792
Reaction score
1,798
Willnt be tapering for the run, most I will do is 10k @ 15k pace for training before the race. I am at least able to get in 6k comfortably right now.

There’s another 15k race (SingTel run) in September, I might try for that

I will run 1 marathon for this year, and see how it goes.

I will be targeting 65 minutes, most probably don’t need fuelling but I plan to consume 1 gel as training
I am targeting 1:05 as well
 

Tudo88

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
1,214
Reaction score
1,103
Remember you signed up one overseas race, Hatyai? Is this other FM ?
Hatyai is HM. I got a few HM lined up haha.Score and Amazing Thailand HM. Main goal is to break 90 this year. But after last year injury, looking quite bleak but just follow training plan and see how it goes.

Marathon that I am looking at is Standard Chartered Hanoi or Ha Long Bay but Ha Long Bay date very near to Amazing Thailand and SCSM.
 

Tudo88

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
1,214
Reaction score
1,103
Personally feel HM is the sweet spot, where the training of threshold and endurance has a pretty good mix, especially for those who can sub 2. And confirm we have one certified course with SCSM to benchmark.
Training requirement are also my sweet spot for a enjoyable run.
1, LSD : No need to train LSD > 30km. LSD at 21km is good enough.
2, Interval : Threshold cruising 1km at 5k pace needed. 2km at 10km pace.
3. Daily easy run, 7km to 21km . Ya LSD of 21km is also an easy daily training, literally mean the dreaded torturing LSD workout at > 30km is gone.
Sounds like you don’t like LSD hahaha.
 

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,345
Reaction score
7,979
Hatyai is HM. I got a few HM lined up haha.Score and Amazing Thailand HM. Main goal is to break 90 this year. But after last year injury, looking quite bleak but just follow training plan and see how it goes.

Marathon that I am looking at is Standard Chartered Hanoi or Ha Long Bay but Ha Long Bay date very near to Amazing Thailand and SCSM.
Amazing Thailand, you might get to run with Kipchoge at 6:30min/km pace. LOL
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,312
Reaction score
11,585
Early march liao. Time to be on the lookout for AHM/SSBR run in Aug. 🤣

This year i really cannot find any excuses. Even Iran's missiles cannot reach here.
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,312
Reaction score
11,585
And if they really stop it this year as well , then that means they really have totally stopped trying.

New CDF or something izzit?
Nope, cant be what....... we had AHM 2023 on Aug 23rd

As of March 2026, the Chief of Defence Force (CDF) of the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) is Vice Admiral (VADM) Aaron Beng Yao Cheng. He assumed the role on March 24, 2023, becoming the first Navy officer to lead the SAF. VADM Beng replaced Lieutenant-General Melvyn Ong Su Kiat and previously served as the Chief of Navy.
Wikipedia +2
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,312
Reaction score
11,585
Wah flashbacks of my stairs climbing days before covid, but that time purely for health, so no added weights or look at HR etc.
Sometimes i do see people with big backpacks and in boots training at my block, possibly for climbing mountains.


Rucking primarily works the muscles in your upper and lower back to maintain an upright posture and stabilize the load, often causing significant fatigue in these areas.

Here is a breakdown of the key back muscles involved in rucking:
  • Trapezius (Traps): These muscles run from the base of the neck across the shoulders to the middle of the back. They are critical for stabilizing the shoulders and upper back under the weight of the pack.
  • Latissimus Dorsi (Lats): These large, triangle-shaped muscles cover most of the back and are heavily involved in stabilizing the spine and supporting the weight.
  • Erector Spinae: These muscles run along the spine and are crucial for maintaining an upright, erect posture against the force of gravity, particularly during long rucks.
  • Rhomboids: Located in the upper back beneath the traps, these muscles work to pull the shoulder blades together, providing a sturdy, engaged foundation for the load.
  • Posterior Deltoids: While often considered a shoulder muscle, the rear delts work with the upper back to support the weight and maintain posture.
    GORUCK +4
Key Muscle Functions During Rucking:
  • Posture Stabilization: The muscles work constantly to keep you from slouching under the weight.
  • Load Distribution: Strong upper back muscles (traps and lats) help distribute the weight, reducing strain on the neck and lower back.
  • Posterior Chain Strengthening: Rucking engages the entire "posterior chain" (back, glutes, hamstrings), which is crucial for overall postural health.


 

Kuudere

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2016
Messages
25,954
Reaction score
17,193
Personally feel HM is the sweet spot, where the training of threshold and endurance has a pretty good mix, especially for those who can sub 2. And confirm we have one certified course with SCSM to benchmark.
Training requirement are also my sweet spot for a enjoyable run.
1, LSD : No need to train LSD > 30km. LSD at 21km is good enough.
2, Interval : Threshold cruising 1km at 5k pace needed. 2km at 10km pace.
3. Daily easy run, 7km to 21km . Ya LSD of 21km is also an easy daily training, literally mean the dreaded torturing LSD workout at > 30km is gone.
The 18/55 plan has 3 long runs at 32km, I think the 18/70 plan has 5 long runs at 30+km.

The latter plan is where most folks will hit sub-3hr marathon assuming they don’t get injured along the way 😅
I am targeting 1:05 as well
Will have to see how the training goes because right now, my HR is still quite elevated from my runs. I willn’t be touching a lot of speed work until after the 15k race actually. Still building base.

Hatyai is HM. I got a few HM lined up haha.Score and Amazing Thailand HM. Main goal is to break 90 this year. But after last year injury, looking quite bleak but just follow training plan and see how it goes.

Marathon that I am looking at is Standard Chartered Hanoi or Ha Long Bay but Ha Long Bay date very near to Amazing Thailand and SCSM.
Good that u are running a lot of races overseas, how many races do you plan to run this year?

I am done with 1, 3 more to go.
 

Tudo88

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
1,214
Reaction score
1,103
The 18/55 plan has 3 long runs at 32km, I think the 18/70 plan has 5 long runs at 30+km.

The latter plan is where most folks will hit sub-3hr marathon assuming they don’t get injured along the way 😅

Will have to see how the training goes because right now, my HR is still quite elevated from my runs. I willn’t be touching a lot of speed work until after the 15k race actually. Still building base.


Good that u are running a lot of races overseas, how many races do you plan to run this year?

I am done with 1, 3 more to go.
Likely 4 I think.

3 HM
1 FM

What’s your other 2 more races? One of them is Gold Coast right
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,312
Reaction score
11,585
Tomorrow go try one arm isometric hold for pull up. Xmm also can do it.

 
Last edited:

Kuudere

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2016
Messages
25,954
Reaction score
17,193
Likely 4 I think.

3 HM
1 FM

What’s your other 2 more races? One of them is Gold Coast right
I already did 1 HM in TW, will run 15k next in Income Eco Run, then Gold Coast Marathon.

After that, still undecided. Not sure if I will go for overseas race or local one
 

Tudo88

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
1,214
Reaction score
1,103
I already did 1 HM in TW, will run 15k next in Income Eco Run, then Gold Coast Marathon.

After that, still undecided. Not sure if I will go for overseas race or local one
Oh. Local, I am registered for 2XU although kinda regretted it. Pen C Somemore.

This year no more Lazada Run 21km. Maybe will sign up for Garmin Run. And there is a new midnight race this year.

https://midnightrunasia.com/singapore/#
 

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,345
Reaction score
7,979
Oh. Local, I am registered for 2XU although kinda regretted it. Pen C Somemore.

This year no more Lazada Run 21km. Maybe will sign up for Garmin Run. And there is a new midnight race this year.

https://midnightrunasia.com/singapore/#
Midnight run, suits me. As I can run from sundown all the way after midnight. Hope the price is ok and not too near to SCSM.
 

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,345
Reaction score
7,979
The 18/55 plan has 3 long runs at 32km, I think the 18/70 plan has 5 long runs at 30+km.

The latter plan is where most folks will hit sub-3hr marathon assuming they don’t get injured along the way 😅

Will have to see how the training goes because right now, my HR is still quite elevated from my runs. I willn’t be touching a lot of speed work until after the 15k race actually. Still building base.


Good that u are running a lot of races overseas, how many races do you plan to run this year?

I am done with 1, 3 more to go.
I have the ebook Advance Marathoning that the fitzinger plan came from. PM me if you want to read the book.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top