Kindle DX offer in Amazon

hnzfaz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
8,060
Reaction score
0
Guys, DX is really not worth the money, even though I got it when it was on promotion. Compared to paperwhite, with the great improvement in speed, DX is really a dinosaur waiting for its time.

I originally wanted to use it for reading comics. But the loading speed takes all the joy of reading out of it. I knew it was going to be slow, but I didn't realise it was going to be that slow. On top of that, because the DX size is a bit smaller than comics, often, words in the speech bubble could not be read.

Well, I'll keep it and see I can find some other use for it. :)
 

adix_82

Banned
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
16,223
Reaction score
0
Guys, DX is really not worth the money, even though I got it when it was on promotion. Compared to paperwhite, with the great improvement in speed, DX is really a dinosaur waiting for its time.

I originally wanted to use it for reading comics. But the loading speed takes all the joy of reading out of it. I knew it was going to be slow, but I didn't realise it was going to be that slow. On top of that, because the DX size is a bit smaller than comics, often, words in the speech bubble could not be read.

Well, I'll keep it and see I can find some other use for it. :)

-_- I am using the kindle keyboard now. It's not slow at all.. Wonder if dx and kindle keyboard the same..
 

hnzfaz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
8,060
Reaction score
0
-_- I am using the kindle keyboard now. It's not slow at all.. Wonder if dx and kindle keyboard the same..
They came out at about the same time, so I think they should be about the same, though DX is supposedly a bit more powerful because it's meant for pdfs and more layout intensive documents. But loading jpgs on dx is really slow. Maybe I should resize them first.
 

supergmail

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2008
Messages
5,012
Reaction score
0
Guys, DX is really not worth the money, even though I got it when it was on promotion. Compared to paperwhite, with the great improvement in speed, DX is really a dinosaur waiting for its time.

I originally wanted to use it for reading comics. But the loading speed takes all the joy of reading out of it. I knew it was going to be slow, but I didn't realise it was going to be that slow. On top of that, because the DX size is a bit smaller than comics, often, words in the speech bubble could not be read.

Well, I'll keep it and see I can find some other use for it. :)

paperwhite screensize not smaller?
 

adix_82

Banned
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
16,223
Reaction score
0
Amazon hasn't shipped kindles direct to sg since 2007.

Anyway, the Kindle store is having many good deals today!

I think no matter how good the Friday is.. it is really a killer to send the items to singapore.. shipping is expensive..
 

jeffyen2

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2004
Messages
1,280
Reaction score
0
I think no matter how good the Friday is.. it is really a killer to send the items to singapore.. shipping is expensive..

Actually shipping is surprisingly very cheap. I and anyone can use cgw, and pay less than S$15 to ship a Kindle from amazon to sg (with some knowledge of purchasing optimally.) That's equivalent to roughly the price of a taxi trip to Funan! lol (Of course there's waiting time, but if you have Prime, it's really quite fast.)
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top