Kris miles redemption

darcbleu

Reaction score
SG airport tax about $50++ Korea if not wrong around $30++ so you still save about $100++ but need to do two booking more troublesome 😂
return one way from seoul is all waiting list, lol.

chances quite low right?

ApeTruelove

Master Member
Reaction score

chances quite low right?
Is better to find date that can buy immediately. I don't like to be under wait list lol. Also if peak season the miles also higher.

Hisashiburi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

chances quite low right?
Depends on the season.

If peak season prob no chance to open up.

If off season high chance when it comes closer to the date.

But for me ya prefer to just book rather than waitlist.

darcbleu

Reaction score
Depends on the season.

If peak season prob no chance to open up.

If off season high chance when it comes closer to the date.

But for me ya prefer to just book rather than waitlist.
it it not really a peak season, right in the mids of Feb 2023. but yeah, cannot take the chance to wait till few weeks before. not sure what is their criteria too

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it it not really a peak season, right in the mids of Feb 2023. but yeah, cannot take the chance to wait till few weeks before. not sure what is their criteria too
plenty of time to wait.

usually nearer to departure date if there are plenty of unsold seats, they will release some for redemption. priority is given for PPS and Gold members.

twinklingstars

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is definitely still slightly cheaper then you purchase economy round trip since you are only paying tax for your departure flight to korea if you use your miles. But if only can select 1 way, I will recommend you to fly back by business class instead so you have more luggage allowance for checking in.
Hi I'm flying to London, I'm only planning to redeem one trip. The airport tax for SIN to LHR is $60, but for LHR to SIN, it is 240 pounds, is it still worth it to fly biz class for return trip, or should I just fly biz class for SIN to LHR. If I need the extra baggage allowance, and also experience wise, for the LHR to SIN route, do I get to use the kris flyer lounge at LHR?

ApeTruelove

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm flying to London, I'm only planning to redeem one trip. The airport tax for SIN to LHR is $60, but for LHR to SIN, it is 240 pounds, is it still worth it to fly biz class for return trip, or should I just fly biz class for SIN to LHR. If I need the extra baggage allowance, and also experience wise, for the LHR to SIN route, do I get to use the kris flyer lounge at LHR?
You need to do the comparison yourself see which way is cheaper if price is a concern. There is silverkris lounges in london heathrow.

Last edited:

Hisashiburi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u are flying economy from LHR, then wouldnt be able to use KF lounge at LHR.

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There's one component of the Heathrow airport taxes which is 2x for biz and 3x for first class of economy class.

You can always pay to enter the lounges. Or get yourself a DBS Altitude card. It gives you 2 free access to a Priority Lounge a year.

merry_christmas

Master Member
Reaction score
A tip would be to fly out from another country. Can refer to this article, https://milelion.com/2019/07/09/her...ensive-airports-to-redeem-award-flights-from/

Try Amsterdam or Zurich

GenuineSeller

Reaction score
ya. i intend to redeem miles for 1 leg of the trip to Korea. and purchase the other leg on economy. so after checking , one way to korea is around $500 plus and return economy is around $700 plus. what i mean i after adding taxes if i redeem one way on business plus the return economy, the total cost might be close to $700 too.

yeah, i know the smarter way is definitely taking business class back making full use of the baggage, just that returning back to Singapore the mood slightly different ma.. lol
How many miles do you have now?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.