Krisflyer miles redemption

pacificstorm

Reaction score
I applied refund for my redemption ticket on 9 Apr and on 20 May, I received an email from SQ informing me that I will receive the refund within 4 to 6 weeks. The miles were credited on 20May and the airport taxes were refunded to my credit card about a week later.

Edit: The ticket was for travel in April 2020.

Mine is mid june travel. Time is ticking away.. but the fb cso assured me doesn't matter since it shows in the system as being processed. Wonder how much cancellation they are handling lol

dilphinus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine is mid june travel. Time is ticking away.. but the fb cso assured me doesn't matter since it shows in the system as being processed. Wonder how much cancellation they are handling lol

They had an average of 100 flights a day. Multiply that by 300 pax per flight. Multiply that by number of days.

pacificstorm

Reaction score
They had an average of 100 flights a day. Multiply that by 300 pax per flight. Multiply that by number of days.

I think they had coped better from the earlier days with the long queue at ION and shutdown of the fb msgr.. but then it still feels insecure to know ur flight is less than 2 weeks away and still never see any thing happen

kenpachi82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Do both of you bother checking with KF/SQ?

KF.jpg
My ticket date in Oct. This only valid until July ya?

Sent from Pluto using GAGT

tulipkiss

Reaction score
I applied refund for my redemption ticket on 9 Apr and on 20 May, I received an email from SQ informing me that I will receive the refund within 4 to 6 weeks. The miles were credited on 20May and the airport taxes were refunded to my credit card about a week later.

Edit: The ticket was for travel in April 2020.

i have similar case too. but mine's credited abit later. maybe they go by travel dates and mine's end of April.

but yup, at least fully refunded. thankful for that.

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am also on this waiting game. 3 tickets to Sapporo in Dec.
Currently Singaporeans are still banned from Japan right?

https://www.japan.travel/en/coronavirus/

1. Areas subjected to entry ban

Foreign nationals categorized below are denied permission to enter Japan for the time being, unless there are exceptional circumstances.

(1) Foreign nationals who have stayed in any of the areas listed in the following table within 14 days prior to the application for landing.

Asia -
Bangladesh, Brunei, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Pakistan, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam

Oceania -
Australia, New Zealand

North America -
Canada, United States

Latin America and the Caribbean -
Antigua and Barbuda, Argentine, Barbados, Bahamas, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Honduras, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Uruguay

Europe -
Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican

Middle East - Afghanistan, Bahrain, Iran, Israel, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates

Africa - Cape Verde, Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Mauritius, Morocco, Republic of South Africa, Sao Tome and Principe

mata_hippo

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they jus opened up refunds for travels up to this coming September for those who are interested

have to wait another mth hopefully i can refund my October booking :o

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they jus opened up refunds for travels up to this coming September for those who are interested

have to wait another mth hopefully i can refund my October booking :o

Mine is in Dec, still waiting.

mata_hippo

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they jus cancelled my flights in October to Melbourne

maybe all October flights also eligible for full refund liao for those interested

mata_hippo

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got my fees and miles refund within 2 weeks of submission of form

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haven't been keeping track of SQ's redemption cancellation policy and can't figure it out from the website, for Feb2021 flights is it too early to cancel/reschedule FOC?

[edit] Oh OK found it.

2021 flights cancellation still must pay.

But reschedule depends on whether you booked ticket before or after 4 Mar 2020.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/...d19-information-centre/before4mar-ineligible/

Reschedule is FOC until 30 Oct 2020: https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/...ion-centre/after5mar-complimentary-rebooking/

Last edited:

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a confirmed NRT - SIN First class redemption for 2pax on 20Feb 2021. I'm pretty certain that we won't be able to travel at that time.

But Feb'21 not yet included in SIA's cancellation waiver so I can't cancel (without paying the miles redeposit fee) yet. Reschedule is free, but every single flight until 18 sept 2021 is waitlist only :s13:

xiaowhois

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if now use miles redeem flight for next year if leisure travel still not possible = forfeit miles & fee paid?

Norman Chan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wonder when can start to redeem free flight for holiday again.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.