Kuala Lumpur trip

Hunter_X_Hunter

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2013
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
Their LRT is okay, though I have experienced delay the last time I went to KL in April this year. I heard the locals saying the delay was because they didn't have enough trains, so the delay at each station can make up for the shortfall. Don't know how true it is. Just don't take their KTM Limiter. Very long waiting time.
 

kuro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2003
Messages
13,002
Reaction score
391
What is the best way to get from KL International Airport to SOGO KL ?

Estimated fare for Grab or Uber? Advisable?
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
What is the best way to get from KL International Airport to SOGO KL ?

Estimated fare for Grab or Uber? Advisable?

KL selected area take to KLIA or KLIA2 is 65myr, excluding toll charges ...
that was what i managed to find when staying in bukit bintang area ...
many area also shows 65myr ... didnt take, not sure how much is toll ...
 

kuro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2003
Messages
13,002
Reaction score
391
safe to take uber in KL? will need take KLIA then stop at KL Sentral station and Uber to my hotel at K Hotel
 

sendtolee

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2008
Messages
940
Reaction score
0
safe to take uber in KL? will need take KLIA then stop at KL Sentral station and Uber to my hotel at K Hotel

Why not safe?
Just prepare your exact fare in advance, reach destination, pay and get out...
 

dustypixie

Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2016
Messages
176
Reaction score
1
Anyone knows when I can buy the ets ticket to perlis for 24th Dec? I tried to book on easybook.com there's no ride after 30 Nov. Btw is it better to take a bus to kangar then take ktm to padang besar or eta straight to padang besar.
 

withluck

Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
202
Reaction score
0
you can try www.ktmb.com.my. Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad website online ticketing system.

Anyone knows when I can buy the ets ticket to perlis for 24th Dec? I tried to book on easybook.com there's no ride after 30 Nov. Btw is it better to take a bus to kangar then take ktm to padang besar or eta straight to padang besar.
 

dustypixie

Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2016
Messages
176
Reaction score
1
you can try www.ktmb.com.my. Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad website online ticketing system.

As of now, all sites show the same info, earliest ride i can find is 18 dec and there's only 1 timing. Not sure how they release it but it seems like it's batch by batch.

Anyone has any idea how reliable the ETS is? my train to bkk is 5pm at padang besar. Which timing ETS should I book?
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,034
Reaction score
1,920
Anyone has any idea how reliable the ETS is? my train to bkk is 5pm at padang besar. Which timing ETS should I book?

Your 5pm train from Padang Besar. Is it Thai time?
You can depart KL earlier. You have 3 choices:

Station Departs KL Sentral Arrives P. Besar Operating Days
EG 9020 07.05 12.35 All
EP 9006 08.00 13.15 Fr/Sa/Su
EG 9512 09.44 15.10 All
 

dustypixie

Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2016
Messages
176
Reaction score
1
Your 5pm train from Padang Besar. Is it Thai time?
You can depart KL earlier. You have 3 choices:

Station Departs KL Sentral Arrives P. Besar Operating Days
EG 9020 07.05 12.35 All
EP 9006 08.00 13.15 Fr/Sa/Su
EG 9512 09.44 15.10 All

Yes Thai time. I'm leaving from ipoh. I'm only afraid it will be delayed.
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,034
Reaction score
1,920
Yes Thai time. I'm leaving from ipoh. I'm only afraid it will be delayed.

I don't think the ETS is so unreliable. There are additional options if you make your way to Butterworth, 2 hours away from Ipoh by road. The Butterworth-Padang Besar Komuter is quite frequent.
 

dustypixie

Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2016
Messages
176
Reaction score
1
I don't think the ETS is so unreliable. There are additional options if you make your way to Butterworth, 2 hours away from Ipoh by road. The Butterworth-Padang Besar Komuter is quite frequent.

That was my initial plan until penang flooded and they are expecting a second wave in dec so I had no choice but to go to padang besar from ipoh. Anyway, do you know which cabin and row I should book to have a forward facing seat?
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,034
Reaction score
1,920
That was my initial plan until penang flooded and they are expecting a second wave in dec so I had no choice but to go to padang besar from ipoh. Anyway, do you know which cabin and row I should book to have a forward facing seat?

Trains are least likely to be affected by flooding. All seats face the front, except for the first 4 in every carriage.
 

awesomania

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2012
Messages
573
Reaction score
8
Hi All

Reviving this thread since it contained a lot of useful information. Planned a KL trip in June and have some questions for those who went recently

- From KLCC to Twin tower, is it better to grab or take train? Read mixed reviews of it, some said that with jam, it will take at least 3-4 hours to reach town area

- Any must eat places in KL?

- Will be planning a day trip to Genting as well, from the replies in the Genting Thread, likely will use Grab or Go Genting taxi.. Any other recommendation?

Thanks all in advance!
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,034
Reaction score
1,920
Hi All

Reviving this thread since it contained a lot of useful information. Planned a KL trip in June and have some questions for those who went recently

- From KLCC to Twin tower, is it better to grab or take train? Read mixed reviews of it, some said that with jam, it will take at least 3-4 hours to reach town area

- Any must eat places in KL?

- Will be planning a day trip to Genting as well, from the replies in the Genting Thread, likely will use Grab or Go Genting taxi.. Any other recommendation?

Thanks all in advance!
KLCC = Twin Tower. Maybe you mean KLIA. The KLIA Ekspres takes you to KL Sentral. From Sentral, the LRT takes you to KLCC. https://www.klsentral.info/kl-sentral-to-klcc/
 

sunsetbay

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jul 3, 2000
Messages
54,097
Reaction score
6,371
didn't know there's a thread for KL~ sharing my last stay at KL Bukit Bintang, Lucentia Residences which is linked to lalaport~ lalaport is abt 20min walk to pavilion~

the condo is pretty new~
KL-bukit-bintang-lucentia-residences.jpg


level 35 Lucentia Residences infinity pool is the main highlight~ can fight with MBS pool~ :s22:
KL-bukit-bintang-lucentia-residences.jpg


Lucentia-residences-KL.jpg
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top