Kuala Lumpur trip

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,037
Reaction score
1,920
@darcleau
I advise you to post your account in the thread on various coach companies.
Cityline was one of the 4 local companies that was suspended for running afoul of Malaysian law by operating unauthorised services. That was early in 2025 and it is uncertain if the suspension still applies or your encounter is related.
Traffic on the PLUS expressway is reaching capacity. In December 2024 I took Transtar from Berjaya Times Square and only reached Tuas a whopping 7 hours later. The new ETS service is really helpful.
 

LWZ

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2016
Messages
40,399
Reaction score
15,960
for the context, our return journey on 28 Dec is the nightmare 11 hours ride from KL. Took Transtar and the jam is scary. took us almost 4 hours to reach Malacca. and we still have to change bus again at Msia custom again. 2 buses passengers squeeze into 1 44 seater.

defintely not going to take coach again up during festive period.

had a similar experience going from Ipoh to SG by bus on a Sunday years ago, which made me never want to return on a Sunday ever again
 

luckygal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
3,285
@darcleau
I advise you to post your account in the thread on various coach companies.
Cityline was one of the 4 local companies that was suspended for running afoul of Malaysian law by running unauthorised services. That was early in 2025 and it is uncertain if the suspension still applies or your encounter is related.
Traffic on the PLUS expressway is reaching capacity. In December 2024 I took Transtar from Berjaya Times Square and only reached Tuas a whopping 7 hours later. The new ETS service is really helpful.
Any idea when will the ETS to KL have more timings? Right now only one timing and not ideal at all.
 

darcbleu

Senior Member
Joined
May 27, 2003
Messages
964
Reaction score
239
@darcleau
I advise you to post your account in the thread on various coach companies.
Cityline was one of the 4 local companies that was suspended for running afoul of Malaysian law by running unauthorised services. That was early in 2025 and it is uncertain if the suspension still applies or your encounter is related.
Traffic on the PLUS expressway is reaching capacity. In December 2024 I took Transtar from Berjaya Times Square and only reached Tuas a whopping 7 hours later. The new ETS service is really helpful.
i know some coaches are affected that time.
but i still see some Luxury and Cityline coaches operating and continuing their journey from msia custom so i duno why some need to change bus and some need not.
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,442
anyone stayed in the following hotels before?

(1) Sunway Putra Hotel
(2) Lanson Place Bukit Ceylon
(3) Park Royal Collection Kuala Lumpur

Is Putra Mall very rundown?
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,037
Reaction score
1,920
anyone stayed in the following hotels before?

(1) Sunway Putra Hotel
(2) Lanson Place Bukit Ceylon
(3) Park Royal Collection Kuala Lumpur

Is Putra Mall very rundown?
Lanson Place is inconvenient unless you plan to take a vehicle everywhere. Putra Mall was the top mall in 1990 or so and Yaohan was in it. I suppose nowadays it is off the tourist radar and Chow Kit is not far.
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,442
Lanson Place is inconvenient unless you plan to take a vehicle everywhere. Putra Mall was the top mall in 1990 or so and Yaohan was in it. I suppose nowadays it is off the tourist radar.
Thanks. In the end, I booked park Royal collection because of location. Then after that I will swing by Sunway resort at KL. Thanks so much
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,442
Sunway Resort? That is considered to be in PJ, outside of KL.
Yup. Last day of my trip, I just go there idle. Haha! Seems like quite nice with a lot of facilities. Any thoughts? Initially I thought Lanson is boring since also quite near Pavillion. Sunway should build 1 hotel near factory outlet then can shop till drop
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,037
Reaction score
1,920
Yup. Last day of my trip, I just go there idle. Haha! Seems like quite nice with a lot of facilities. Any thoughts? Initially I thought Lanson is boring since also quite near Pavillion. Sunway should build 1 hotel near factory outlet then can shop till drop
The very established Sunway Pyramid is attached to your hotel. No need to go anywhere else. I don't catch your train of thought- Lanson Place is boring because it's near Pavilion?!
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,442
The very establish Sunway Pyramid is attached to your hotel. No need to go anywhere else. I don't catch your train of thought- Lanson Place is boring because it's near Pavilion?!
As in I will stay at park Royal collection which is near pavillion for a few days. So no point moving to Lanson place la. Might as well go to Sunway Resort. My wife has GHA titanium so she testing out different hotels to see which is good. Haha! Bo liao make me move around. But ok la since we usually travel light with a carry on
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,442

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,037
Reaction score
1,920

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,442
Thanks so much. Essentially both are like same location but listed as different name and decoration. Sunway resort hotel also cost like double. Hehe! Ok. Will ask my wife to take a look. Maybe just hoot Sunway Putra Hotel or Sunway Velocity Hotel also ok.
The Sunway Pyramid mall is attached to your hotel. I wouldn't bring it up if the hotel is attached to your hotel. The Sunway Pyramid mall is much better known than the hotel of the same name.
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,037
Reaction score
1,920
Thanks so much. Essentially both are like same location but listed as different name and decoration. Sunway resort hotel also cost like double. Hehe! Ok. Will ask my wife to take a look. Maybe just hoot Sunway Putra Hotel or Sunway Velocity Hotel also ok.
Sunway is a Malaysian conglomerate headquartered in the township they developed in PJ around the Sunway Lagoon. Around the lagoon, there are at least 3 hotels of their brand for different markets and level of comfort, including Sunway Resort.

They took over The Mall and rebranded it as Putra Mall, along with its attached hotel. I recall The Mall was opened by Dr Mahathir and I ran into his spouse Siti Hasmah there once. The Mall was not as well-lit as the malls nowadays, though Sunway management may have improved things.
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,309
Reaction score
9,040
This thread died down.... going KL in May. Any good Chinese restaurant to recommend? Those jiak touk type. Haha.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top