Kuala Lumpur trip

WhiteMirrorSociety

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2021
Messages
11,714
Reaction score
5,643
I realise for ETS to KL, those with big luggage would have to put their luggage at the baggage storage area behind the seats. That means anyone can help themselves right?
Yeah but imo not safe sekali got pickpockets there or something cause their security level not like ours

I always keep my bag close to me when i go Malaysia
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,037
Reaction score
1,920
Yeah but imo not safe sekali got pickpockets there or something cause their security level not like ours

I always keep my bag close to me when i go Malaysia

I keep a watchful eye on my luggage wherever I place them, whether it is a bus or a train, especially when there is a disembarkation stop coming up. You can deter theft by tying your piece to the shelf.
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,289
Reaction score
9,035
The Airport Express train from KLIA is 55rm per person. If 2 or more r traveling, cheaper to call grab direct to accommodation. Less than 100rm.
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,037
Reaction score
1,920
The Airport Express train from KLIA is 55rm per person. If 2 or more r traveling, cheaper to call grab direct to accommodation. Less than 100rm.
Currently there is a discount, so it is 45RM per person.
There are promotions for certain bank cards https://www.kliaekspres.com/offers/our-offers/

Grab fare is dynamic. Coaches cost 15RM, so I take them sometimes.
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,289
Reaction score
9,035
Currently there is a discount, so it is 45RM per person.
There are promotions for certain bank cards https://www.kliaekspres.com/offers/our-offers/

Grab fare is dynamic. Coaches cost 15RM, so I take them sometimes.
Nothing beats door to door especially with luggage.

Take train and coach still need to take another transport to accommodation unless it is nearby lor.

so depends on if one wants convenient or savings.
 

klavier

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2013
Messages
2,457
Reaction score
343
Is it worth taking plane from sg to kl?

Why not worth? I think it depends on your preference and budget.
If I do not self drive to KL, I prefer to take a plane there and come back by day coach.. Thats what I usually do.
 

watchtv

Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2019
Messages
113
Reaction score
49
Why not worth? I think it depends on your preference and budget.
If I do not self drive to KL, I prefer to take a plane there and come back by day coach.. Thats what I usually do.
I've nvr been to kl, so thinking of flying over with family since tickets to a lot of other countries are expensive. But not sure what to do in kl also...
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,037
Reaction score
1,920
I've nvr been to kl, so thinking of flying over with family since tickets to a lot of other countries are expensive. But not sure what to do in kl also...
Unfortunately, there is no certainty that the ETS will be operational for JB-KL in December.
There are many options to fly to KL. Did you look up all of them?

Airlines:
Air Asia, Batik, Lion, Scoot, SIA, MAS, Firefly, even Ethiopia Air
Airports:
Changi-KLIA, Seletar-Subang, Changi-Subang.

For a one-hour flight, the only important factor to me is the airfare. I found good deals for the return several times, even last-minute. Why don't you take a coach one way and fly on the other way?

Air tickets to KL are not necessarily cheap, though there are many options.
KL offers more of the same as what is available in Singapore and JB plus more like the Batu Caves, Twin Towers, etc. Different vibes.
 

klavier

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2013
Messages
2,457
Reaction score
343
I've nvr been to kl, so thinking of flying over with family since tickets to a lot of other countries are expensive. But not sure what to do in kl also...
KL is my favourite city to visit at a whim..

I agree with beanstalk's description of KL and personally both my spouse and me prefer KL over BKK/HCM.. While I do get bored of eating Thai/Viet food for the whole week, I wont get bored of eating at KL since the food is quite similar to SG. The vibe/energy at KL is quite different from SG.

Try it once for the experience.. twosix has provided another way to bring down the airticket price.
Or you can even consider ETS or take a coach up.. If taking coach, do avoid major holidays in Malaysia to avoid being stuck in the toll..
 

watchtv

Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2019
Messages
113
Reaction score
49
Thanks for all the tips. Was considering kl, malacca or penang but seems like kl more things to see.
If intend to go for about 3 days, which hotel to stay? Any recommendation?
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,037
Reaction score
1,920
Thanks for all the tips. Was considering kl, malacca or penang but seems like kl more things to see.
If intend to go for about 3 days, which hotel to stay? Any recommendation?
Look in the Bukit Bintang area, since you did not help with a budget.
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,289
Reaction score
9,035
Thanks for all the tips. Was considering kl, malacca or penang but seems like kl more things to see.
If intend to go for about 3 days, which hotel to stay? Any recommendation?
Use booking.com and agoda.com.

Penang is good for food and walking too. The streets are more pedestrian friendly than KL. Imo it has a lot of interesting places as well. Only it has lesser malls to shop and cool down.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top