Kuala Lumpur trip

jbhavan

Junior Member
Joined
May 8, 2009
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Hi guys for man utd tour i'm going to stay in Hotel Winsin Chinatown.Its located right next to the Central Market and 5 min walk from the Pasar Seni LRT station and abt 10 mins from the Masjid Jamek LRT Station, 300m from Petaling Street! Proximity to LRT very impt to me cos i use it alot when i'm there. To go to Bukit Jalil Stadium there's a direct train from Masjid Jamek LRT

Rate is 98 RM for two single beds (with windows) and 108 RM for 3 ppl (one double bed one single bed with no window) and 128RM same as the previous one but with window. Facilities/bed etc is in good condition with individually controlled aircon, hotel is quite new i think, opened in 08. Its really a no frills high class backpacking place which is safe, comfortable and affordable. But no breakfast etc and dont bother if you are driving cos no carpark.

Hope to see the Singapore contingent in Bukit Jalil on 18th July!
 

WestGuy

Banned
Joined
Mar 11, 2001
Messages
14,056
Reaction score
417
I will be staying at the Grand Millenium KL during the Man U weekend for RM268 a nite with complimentary buffet breakfast for 2 and complimentary Wifi. Is that cheap?

Anyone stayed there before? How is it?
 

valeon

Master Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2008
Messages
2,549
Reaction score
0
bro, when u drive up, do you make any stops? any interesting stops along the way? do u also use a GPS? how about sharing some coordinates?


Bro, it depends on individual preference. When I drive up to KL, I like to stop at Machap and Seremban R&R for a coffee break. Then drive all the way till Bukit Bintang where I usually stay. Park my car in the hotel then everything go by walk, train or taxi. I dun use GPS but I only know the way Sin-Bukit Bintang-Sin :):s13:
 

bbmars1128

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
76
I will be staying at the Grand Millenium KL during the Man U weekend for RM268 a nite with complimentary buffet breakfast for 2 and complimentary Wifi. Is that cheap?
Anyone stayed there before? How is it?

Wow. I think you got a very good deal. Its a 5 star hotel besides Pavalion. Last Dec price wasn't even near that in RM, more like close to SG$200
 

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2003
Messages
35,992
Reaction score
12
Bro, it depends on individual preference. When I drive up to KL, I like to stop at Machap and Seremban R&R for a coffee break. Then drive all the way till Bukit Bintang where I usually stay. Park my car in the hotel then everything go by walk, train or taxi. I dun use GPS but I only know the way Sin-Bukit Bintang-Sin :):s13:

which hotel do you usually go? got free parking?

what phone do you use bro? why not get a smartphone and then install a gps in it? that's what i did. so at least can still find your way around and have a look. else quite waste le. drive all the way there to bkt bintang only.

my recent trip, i stayed in kl, but moved mostly in PJ. heh...

i'm trying to find A&W along the way le. still can't find. sian.
 

valeon

Master Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2008
Messages
2,549
Reaction score
0
which hotel do you usually go? got free parking?

what phone do you use bro? why not get a smartphone and then install a gps in it? that's what i did. so at least can still find your way around and have a look. else quite waste le. drive all the way there to bkt bintang only.

my recent trip, i stayed in kl, but moved mostly in PJ. heh...

i'm trying to find A&W along the way le. still can't find. sian.


LOL.....
Park Royal is always my favourite due to its superb location. I also stayed Melia and Times Square before. As a hotel guest, the car park is free.
I dun feel safe for driving in KL. My colleagues in KL office usually will bring me around if I wish to step out of Bukit Bintang area. If train can reach, I will choose to take train. No GPS needed.
A&W is located at the overhead bridge after Ayer Keroh exit interchange (heading KL).
 

wayneee

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2007
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Esp weekend rate is cheaper becaz most ppl who go KL r on biz...

Recently book, Ritz Carlton at RM399++ include breakfast... Sheraton got pay 2 nite get 1 nite free... but no breakfast... Hilton is abt RM400-500... their breakfast is damp solid...

5 star hotels are easily US$200 and above anywhere else...

is travelling from hilton convenient? can take the train right...seems quite convenient...
i will be going there in august...
hilton breakfast solid ar? got what got what? :s13:
 

tomicaguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2006
Messages
12,643
Reaction score
503
Huge variety at Hilton. I have to attest to the great breakfast at Hilton as well. Very good service also.

"Yi fen qian yi fen huo"

Even with promotion, should be around RM350 minimum per nite for the most basic room, Hilton Deluxe.

KL Sentral only KTM Komuter and Putra LRT is at the station.

Monorail you have to walk a distance.
 

fabianlau

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
35,229
Reaction score
101
i also going malaysa but plan to stay hotel capitol..taking airasia plane..hw about u all..i also watching man utd match.. hee
 

mONK_87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
16,389
Reaction score
7
it's pretty gd, stayed there last nov for 4 nights, free upgraded from superior to deluxe
super gd location, around the corner of BB plaza

going again in dec

ya got the free upgrade too!

18floor & it god damn good!

It a 3 star but interior look more like a 4star

kl8.jpg


kl.jpg


kl1.jpg
 

mONK_87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
16,389
Reaction score
7
even got safe box & iron board......

service was good......definitely going back to enjoy the facilities
 

Starwalker

Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
270
Reaction score
0
forgot liao, dunno if it's more than 2 or 3 nights can get free upgrade

haha, ya the rooms are like 4 stars standard
the only 3 star is the lobby, but overall service and condition of the hotel is definately 4 star w/o the pool
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top