Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

singaporego

Reaction score
for Bangkok bank website, why is the currency in baht when I selected Singapore? coz I wanna look at the website for more info on fixed deposit.
Don't bother checking their website. It is not updated. Bangkok Bank in SG is a corporate bank not so much a consumer bank. All you need to do is make a call (to find out the most updated rate), then make a trip down to the bank to apply. Whole process in the bank will take not more than 30min. Btw when you call in, be prepared to get a shock because their own CS people also don't know about FD rates, so they will redirect line to the RM directly.

Darwinson

Banned
Reaction score
Don't bother checking their website. It is not updated. Bangkok Bank in SG is a corporate bank not so much a consumer bank. All you need to do is make a call (to find out the most updated rate), then make a trip down to the bank to apply. Whole process in the bank will take not more than 30min. Btw when you call in, be prepared to get a shock because their own CS people also don't know about FD rates, so they will redirect line to the RM directly.
Other than being secured by sdic, this is complete thrash process and experience.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Exploring fd option in cimb. I realised my FD account already have been created since day 1, but I was playing around the option to internally transfer from my SA to FD, in the “transfer to own account” option, I can only see my SA…
how come huh?

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for Bangkok bank website, why is the currency in baht when I selected Singapore? coz I wanna look at the website for more info on fixed deposit.
Call them for latest rates, answered by a very polite staff in Thai accent. I recall he told me require $200k for new customers.
Not sure of any changes...

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
think RHB will not extend the CASA at the current rates, given how popular their FD is

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They have a 36 months option and it is 4.6%. Good to lock in longer term now
i am tempted to go for this.
36 months, 4.6%
longest tenure at the best rate available now.
only consideration is...dont have 3rd joint account holder to get SDIC cover

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so many people chiong for RHB. dont really see much people know about bangkok bank

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.