Lexus RX 200t

marxace

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2003
Messages
2,035
Reaction score
260
But the price I got was from SE leh.

Hi,

That time i also went Borneo motors before the RX was officially launched in November and one SE also quoted to me around 270k range for the luxury as the F sport was still going homolgation.

Then i asked about NX pricing but realised he quoted to me are all the list prices as stated in Sgcarmart. Moreover he seems like a newbie to me as several things he did not know or bother to explain to me. As i was not planning to buy then, i did not bother to clarify on the selling prices with him.

I then went to mycarforum and check out and many confirmed that Lexus pricing sure can discount 20-30k off list price.

If you want some SE contacts, you may PM me.

I am not related to them nor earning any commission. Gt their contacts by Pming the buyers in mycarforum.

Just let me know if it is indeed true if can get 20 - 30 k off list price. I am looking at F sport RX 200T though as i read that the adaptive variable suspension which is available only on F sport trim really changes the ride feel.

If price difference is too huge, i will go for harrier hehe..

Cheers.
 

FandiAhmad17

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2004
Messages
1,927
Reaction score
151
Ask them for Lexus umbrella! Extremely good quality!
besides that nothing much already. i bought 3 lexus from borneo in my life, only can ask for more discount. personally i love this car. Dun think anyone will regret buying it. So i suggest for for it! rx350 u have to wait and the resale value wun be that good.

Haha sure!

How much discount do you think I can ask for? Why RX 350 resale value is not good?
 

FandiAhmad17

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2004
Messages
1,927
Reaction score
151
how does the turbo charged 2L drive? i have driven quite a few turbo charged cars and the lag is so bad :( anyway this is using twin scroll turbo..good to see that lexus is moving on to forced induction

I have never drove turbo cars in my whole life. I at most drove V6 3.5 cars that's all. When I test drove the RX 200t, there wasn't much lag. The SE explained that there are twin scrolls which one caters for low speed and one caters for higher speed. This results in lesser lag regardless of speed. Not sure how true is this because I have no idea about turbo except that need to rev and wait a while for the turbo to kicks in.

The SE also said Lexus took many years to develop this in-house turbo unlike other manufacturers who use 3rd party turbo. He said this turbo is different from other manufacturers' turbo.

The SE brought me around some hilly areas and I tried high speeds and low speeds. Overall, the drive was very good. Everything including pickup at low speed is better than my current RX 270. One more thing is that the RX 200t is AWD and there's a system to control the amount of power into each of the 4 wheels.
 

FandiAhmad17

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2004
Messages
1,927
Reaction score
151
Hi,

That time i also went Borneo motors before the RX was officially launched in November and one SE also quoted to me around 270k range for the luxury as the F sport was still going homolgation.

Then i asked about NX pricing but realised he quoted to me are all the list prices as stated in Sgcarmart. Moreover he seems like a newbie to me as several things he did not know or bother to explain to me. As i was not planning to buy then, i did not bother to clarify on the selling prices with him.

I then went to mycarforum and check out and many confirmed that Lexus pricing sure can discount 20-30k off list price.

If you want some SE contacts, you may PM me.

I am not related to them nor earning any commission. Gt their contacts by Pming the buyers in mycarforum.

Just let me know if it is indeed true if can get 20 - 30 k off list price. I am looking at F sport RX 200T though as i read that the adaptive variable suspension which is available only on F sport trim really changes the ride feel.

If price difference is too huge, i will go for harrier hehe..

Cheers.

You think Luxury is worth the additional $20k over the Executive version for RX 200t? Yes, I've read the AVS is really good but seems like the features of F Sport is slightly lesser than the Luxury version despite being the most expensive.

The SE also told me to go for Luxury version instead.

Dropped you a PM already. Thanks!
 

marxace

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2003
Messages
2,035
Reaction score
260
You think Luxury is worth the additional $20k over the Executive version for RX 200t? Yes, I've read the AVS is really good but seems like the features of F Sport is slightly lesser than the Luxury version despite being the most expensive.

The SE also told me to go for Luxury version instead.

Dropped you a PM already. Thanks!

Pm u already. Hmm, i will go for the luxury over the executive for the larger screen and glass roof.. the pano camera does not appeal to me leh. i have not seen it work in real life but youtube videos seems like it takes some time to operate leh.. by the time the 360 degrees visual shows on the screen, i think i park finsih already hehe.
Borneo should have given you a comparison list between executive, luxury and f sport right?
 

FandiAhmad17

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2004
Messages
1,927
Reaction score
151
Pm u already. Hmm, i will go for the luxury over the executive for the larger screen and glass roof.. the pano camera does not appeal to me leh. i have not seen it work in real life but youtube videos seems like it takes some time to operate leh.. by the time the 360 degrees visual shows on the screen, i think i park finsih already hehe.
Borneo should have given you a comparison list between executive, luxury and f sport right?

The pano camera comes with the Luxury version and not the Executive version. I'm just wondering if the $20k extra is worth it or not. But one thing I like a lot is the sequential signal lights, very nice.

For parking, actually I don't see the rear camera at all. My current RX 270 has the reverse camera and guidance but I still use old school method of side mirrors, haha! Too used to old school style after so many years.

Yes, here's the comparison list.

15qcj1f.jpg


1089w20.jpg
 

spurman

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2002
Messages
2,424
Reaction score
122
My friend bought one with a high over trade for his rx200t..... coe was 60k. Cat e... got it about 2 weeks b4 cny though.

Good looking car. Longer than the harrier.

Nice interior. I forgot his actual price though. Prob 240k plus though.

Tink its the luxury version. His screen was damn big. Omv ard 50k plus.

Tempting for me also. Interior a notch above the new merc glc250 which is based on c class though.

The bmw x5 should be its direct competition now. And also the merc gle... prices for those r much higher though
 

marxace

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2003
Messages
2,035
Reaction score
260
My friend bought one with a high over trade for his rx200t..... coe was 60k. Cat e... got it about 2 weeks b4 cny though.

Good looking car. Longer than the harrier.

Nice interior. I forgot his actual price though. Prob 240k plus though.

Tink its the luxury version. His screen was damn big. Omv ard 50k plus.

Tempting for me also. Interior a notch above the new merc glc250 which is based on c class though.

The bmw x5 should be its direct competition now. And also the merc gle... prices for those r much higher though
I read somewhere that the cny promo for rx200t luxury was ard 220k nett.. If so, this price is rather tempting.

Sent from LGE LG-D838 using GAGT
 

FandiAhmad17

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2004
Messages
1,927
Reaction score
151
Have you bought your RX Fandi?

I read somewhere that the cny promo for rx200t luxury was ard 220k nett.. If so, this price is rather tempting.

Sent from LGE LG-D838 using GAGT

Haven't buy yet. I heard that Borneo Motors might be bringing in Harrier so I have been considering is the $100k difference really worth it?

Some updates I received. One of the SE is willing to give a $21k discount from the listed price if I take their Lexus financing. I didn't ask this in depth though cos I saw forum that some of them got $30k discount. Any updates from your side?

Wah $220k nett is really a good price for Luxury version and if can discount another $20k to $25k, $200k is a damn good price.
 

marxace

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2003
Messages
2,035
Reaction score
260
Haven't buy yet. I heard that Borneo Motors might be bringing in Harrier so I have been considering is the $100k difference really worth it?

Some updates I received. One of the SE is willing to give a $21k discount from the listed price if I take their Lexus financing. I didn't ask this in depth though cos I saw forum that some of them got $30k discount. Any updates from your side?

Wah $220k nett is really a good price for Luxury version and if can discount another $20k to $25k, $200k is a damn good price.

Borneo bringing in harrier?? hmmm, i doubt it cos they already have rav 4 and harrier is JDM.
Me also thinking hard on the 70-100k diff between harrier and RX. Main difference is just the branding and comfort factor to me. i been to see the harrier, got a quote for ready stock style mauve at 138+++ which i thought was very attractively priced but i din like the purple color that they had.. other colors gotta wait. do note that pricing was before the recent increase in coe again.

I think 200k for rx is stretching too far la. if can get f sport for 220k with the recent slight increase in coe will be damn good liao. should be heading down to showroom to check out RX again soon.
 

FandiAhmad17

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2004
Messages
1,927
Reaction score
151
Borneo bringing in harrier?? hmmm, i doubt it cos they already have rav 4 and harrier is JDM.
Me also thinking hard on the 70-100k diff between harrier and RX. Main difference is just the branding and comfort factor to me. i been to see the harrier, got a quote for ready stock style mauve at 138+++ which i thought was very attractively priced but i din like the purple color that they had.. other colors gotta wait. do note that pricing was before the recent increase in coe again.

I think 200k for rx is stretching too far la. if can get f sport for 220k with the recent slight increase in coe will be damn good liao. should be heading down to showroom to check out RX again soon.

I haven't tried the harrier. Is the comfort level a big difference between the RX and the Harrier?

Actually $220k for RX Luxury is a good price, very tempting. Big headache now on which one to try. Maybe I will drop by to see the RX again.
 

spurman

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2002
Messages
2,424
Reaction score
122
Rx luxury list price 266k.
Sports like 10k more.
Exec is 244k.

U sure luxury can get nett 220k???

Then its tempting
 

FandiAhmad17

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2004
Messages
1,927
Reaction score
151
Just received news that Borneo Motors will be bringing in the Harrier between June to Aug this year from my SE.

Seems like another option to choose from. My guess is that BM's version should be $150k to $160k but still, it's a good $80k to $100k cheaper than RX 200t. Headache.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top