LG G Pro 2

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,269
Reaction score
2,433
Anyway,

Just gotten another set of White G Pro 2 in the house!

Now got 2x Pro 2 boxes at home!

Still chose Pro 2 over G3 for my little bro at home! My little bro is very satisfied and happy with the awesome Pro 2!

 
Last edited:

lgmw33

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2014
Messages
772
Reaction score
0
Anyway,

Just gotten another set of White G Pro 2 in the house!

Now got 2x Pro 2 boxes at home!

Still chose Pro 2 over G3 for my little bro at home! My little bro is very satisfied and happy with the awesome Pro 2!


👍👍 That's great. .
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,269
Reaction score
2,433
Hmm... After getting the 2nd new set, I realized that my camera is over exposed after comparing the camera on the new set.

Checking with LG Service now to see if the camera module can be replaced...
 

lgmw33

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2014
Messages
772
Reaction score
0
Hmm... After getting the 2nd new set, I realized that my camera is over exposed after comparing the camera on the new set.

Checking with LG Service now to see if the camera module can be replaced...
How come ? You mean later batch Pro2 has better camera. How to know if mine is in which category ? Can post to show the different camera output ?
 

december_blues

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2003
Messages
600
Reaction score
101
This may be possible.

I compared G Pro 2's camera few months back with my Note 3 and find that note 3's picture is sharper with more details.

When I bought my G Pro 2 last week, I'm surprised that the picture produced (especially in 'normal' mode) has the same sharpness or even better than Note 3 in all lighting condition.

Btw, would like to check with all experience G Pro 2 owners here, where is the manufacturing country of your set? China or Korea?

Thanks.



How come ? You mean later batch Pro2 has better camera. How to know if mine is in which category ? Can post to show the different camera output ?
 

smeagoly

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2005
Messages
2,360
Reaction score
152
1 weekend into using this phone and im really satisfied with this phone.

Bright and big screen, pretty decent camera and extremely good battery life! Never really quite got over note 2 after I changed from it to Sony Z1, but this pro 2 is really better than the previous 2 phones. While G3 seems better in most aspects over pro 2, I dont think I need a quad HD screen currently and better battery life is more important. Wont hestiate to jump to pro 3 if LG continues to keep up the good work.
 

december_blues

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2003
Messages
600
Reaction score
101
Agreed.
Never thought I could get over my Note 3 but this phone had really exceeded my expectation.

In case if you're not aware, battery life and APP speed can even be better if you were to use ART rather than Dalvik. Though with the expense of higher apps storage, this however not an issue with G Pro 2's 32GB and expandable memory.



1 weekend into using this phone and im really satisfied with this phone.

Bright and big screen, pretty decent camera and extremely good battery life! Never really quite got over note 2 after I changed from it to Sony Z1, but this pro 2 is really better than the previous 2 phones. While G3 seems better in most aspects over pro 2, I dont think I need a quad HD screen currently and better battery life is more important. Wont hestiate to jump to pro 3 if LG continues to keep up the good work.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,269
Reaction score
2,433
Okay.

Back from LG Service Centre.

I showed them the photos taken using my own set and the new set.

My set's camera is not right as the photo is over-exposed and very wired with the white light crossing horizontally instead of a normal's evenly spreaded out when pointing to a lamp/light source!:vijayadmin:

LG Service has acknowledged that my camera is not normal and thus, retained for service for 3 to 5 days. =:p

First time in my life to have my phone retained for service LOL!:s13:

Now, got to "rob" my little bro's Pro 2 to use first before my own Pro 2 is repaired and returned to me.:s22:

My little bro will not be happy....:D:D:D
 
Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,269
Reaction score
2,433
How come ? You mean later batch Pro2 has better camera. How to know if mine is in which category ? Can post to show the different camera output ?

Forgot to save the photos lah! Cannot show liao! =:p

It's very obvious to me that my camera is not so right after comparing it with the new Pro 2 that I just got it last night bah! :(
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,269
Reaction score
2,433
Agreed.
Never thought I could get over my Note 3 but this phone had really exceeded my expectation.

In case if you're not aware, battery life and APP speed can even be better if you were to use ART rather than Dalvik. Though with the expense of higher apps storage, this however not an issue with G Pro 2's 32GB and expandable memory.

Exactly! :)

My little bro was very reluctant to get the Pro 2 when I told him that Pro 2 is indeed a superb phone by LG!

But after he secretly compared with all the phones models in the market, he suddenly told me yesterday that he wanna get the Pro 2 coz he said, nothing, just no other phones in the market now is better than Pro 2...

I ROFL at him.....he cannot take it! :D

One game he plays frequently on iPad Air and iPhone 5,...he said that the same game plays on Pro 2 is the smoothest and lagless!

So...Pro 2 is worth your money and an awesome phone by LG! :)
 
Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,269
Reaction score
2,433
Well,

Everything happened for a reason.:s13:

Without getting the new set for my little bro last night, I would have never realized that my own set has some sorts of problem for its camera after 5 long months LOL! ;)

It's a blessing! =:p
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,269
Reaction score
2,433
This may be possible.

I compared G Pro 2's camera few months back with my Note 3 and find that note 3's picture is sharper with more details.

When I bought my G Pro 2 last week, I'm surprised that the picture produced (especially in 'normal' mode) has the same sharpness or even better than Note 3 in all lighting condition.

Btw, would like to check with all experience G Pro 2 owners here, where is the manufacturing country of your set? China or Korea?

Thanks.

Hmm.. All made in Korea for my 2 sets.

As for the suspicious of new camera module, no!

My own set was bought in March, and my new set (2nd hand) was originally bought in April by the first buyer.
 

lgmw33

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2014
Messages
772
Reaction score
0
Well,

Everything happened for a reason.:s13:

Without getting the new set for my little bro last night, I would have never realized that my own set has some sorts of problem for its camera after 5 long months LOL! ;)

It's a blessing! =:p
Yes. And u can put it right before warranty expires. Otherwise, still gong gong using it. :D
 

PauseZ

Master Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
2,869
Reaction score
1
anyone got spare/extra GPro2 cases they keen to let go? can pm me..

my white mercury jelly got stained by ink, looking for replacement, preferably mercury jelly again.

can't find any online stores selling it for GPro2 anymore..
 

stamina

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,658
Reaction score
19
Anyway,

Just gotten another set of White G Pro 2 in the house!

Now got 2x Pro 2 boxes at home!

Still chose Pro 2 over G3 for my little bro at home! My little bro is very satisfied and happy with the awesome Pro 2!


Where u got the g pro 2 white and how much? Any M1 dealer shop got stock for the white?
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,269
Reaction score
2,433
Hmmmm. Let me see if I can replicate the same camera error

For my case, the so-called defect is when I'm pointing or focusing on the lamp, light bulb when that happened.

I have particularly hard time or impossible getting a clear photo under street light too when the white ghostly effect from the street light just simply whiten the shots.

On my new set, it doesn't happen. All photos taken under the above mentioned circumstances turned out to be natural and super clear and crisp.
 
Last edited:

lgmw33

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2014
Messages
772
Reaction score
0
For my case, the so-called defect is when I'm pointing or focusing on the lamp, light bulb when that happened.

I have particularly hard time or impossible getting a clear photo under street light too when the white ghostly effect from the street light just simply whiten the shots.

On my new set, it doesn't happen. All photos taken under the above mentioned circumstances turned out to be natural and super clear and crisp.
I also don't get well defined street lights.. not sure if my camera is also defective ..:s11:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top