LG G4

falcom2002

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2002
Messages
1,073
Reaction score
0
Hehe, so why you downgrade to gpro2 leh. G4 should be very good mah. :p

He is not downgrading, in fact he is going the opposite way.
The Pro series is one up from the G series.

Pro 1 and Pro 2 are designed to compete with the Samsung
Note. So with Note 5, LG is ready with their new cousin
and later perhaps end of next year (2016) with one device
that has a one inch sensor for its camera. :s13:
 

MZeee18

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2014
Messages
912
Reaction score
9
Honestly coming for both ex s6 and g4 user. I prefer both g4 front and back camera. The one and only thing I miss from s6 is the portability. If I have the chance again I will definitely pick g4 over s6/s6 edge. I am not bias but just my personal experience.

I see. I wish to use S6 Edge in Emerald Green but G4 is a great. Just that I didn't give it a chance and sold it the next day after buying it.
 

technolust

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2011
Messages
7,044
Reaction score
323
I see. I wish to use S6 Edge in Emerald Green but G4 is a great. Just that I didn't give it a chance and sold it the next day after buying it.

Yah, I also looking at the emerald green $6 edge but no stock for the 64g and very ex now. G4 comparatively better value but less chio lah. Not sure chioness is worth the few hundreds dollar more though :p

Sent from my Sharp SH-01G with GAGT
 

technolust

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2011
Messages
7,044
Reaction score
323
He is not downgrading, in fact he is going the opposite way.
The Pro series is one up from the G series.

Pro 1 and Pro 2 are designed to compete with the Samsung
Note. So with Note 5, LG is ready with their new cousin
and later perhaps end of next year (2016) with one device
that has a one inch sensor for its camera. :s13:

Haha, I heard about the pro series phone but it seems to be very big size though. Will look out for it :p

Sent from my Sharp SH-01G with GAGT
 

falcom2002

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2002
Messages
1,073
Reaction score
0
Haha, I heard about the pro series phone but it seems to be very big size though. Will look out for it :p

Sent from my Sharp SH-01G with GAGT

Different people have different feelings about the size of the
phone. The Pro series are designed as a phablet and people
still think they are not going to hold a bigger size phone.

I was holding the Note at 5.7inch and nobody thinks it is
too big. Just 0.2inch bigger and having the advantage of
a portable phablet with you at all times!

If your mindset is that the Pro 2 is very big size, then
I would think you must be very small size and you find
it in your mind that why use such a big size phone?

Gosh, you are using one of the smallest size and most
powerful and smoothest phablet available. :s22:
 

reimina

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2002
Messages
6,673
Reaction score
0
G4. I find it a bit sluggish at times. That's why I went back S6 but feel that I should at least tried using it for a week

My phone is working smoothly and I don't feel it is sluggish. Probably you got a defective set? =:p
 

technolust

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2011
Messages
7,044
Reaction score
323
Different people have different feelings about the size of the
phone. The Pro series are designed as a phablet and people
still think they are not going to hold a bigger size phone.

I was holding the Note at 5.7inch and nobody thinks it is
too big. Just 0.2inch bigger and having the advantage of
a portable phablet with you at all times!

If your mindset is that the Pro 2 is very big size, then
I would think you must be very small size and you find
it in your mind that why use such a big size phone?

Gosh, you are using one of the smallest size and most
powerful and smoothest phablet available. :s22:

When I say big, I refer to cannot fit in pockets comfortably and hard to hold on to in the hands. Phones with 5.5 inch screens and above typically have bigger dimensions that will present some ergonomic challenges in handling and also storage (in pockets). You have big hands fine and good but I think you shouldn't assume that if I say phablets are big then I am a midget hor.

I agree that Phones are personal items and are subjective. I feel phones with larger than 5.5 inch screens are generally big because I own and used the 1520 lumia and nexus 6 before.

Are you referring to the LG G2 pro as the best phablet around? I don't have it yet leh. :p

Sent from my Sharp SH-01G with GAGT
 
Last edited:

cutebeng

Senior Member
Joined
May 19, 2009
Messages
1,584
Reaction score
2
Met jimmy just now to buy tempered glass. really a nice and friendly guy like what others have said. His glass is smooth and very clear. good service provided. and he pasted very FAST!
 

dreamz13

Master Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2002
Messages
3,445
Reaction score
21
Met jimmy just now to buy tempered glass. really a nice and friendly guy like what others have said. His glass is smooth and very clear. good service provided. and he pasted very FAST!
the finish of his tempered glass is excellent too. the edges are curved and smooth, not sharp. and coating is very smooth. does not block any sensor or camera.

If anybody looking for the product description: http://www.mobilelite.com.sg/product/lg-g4-ultra-slim-smoothie-tempered-glass-screen-protector/
 
Last edited:

tigerwoods

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2005
Messages
11,399
Reaction score
2,622
what app are you using to check your MRT card, tried a few app but cannot work.
 

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
12,597
Reaction score
1,131
what app are you using to check your MRT card, tried a few app but cannot work.

you must use ezlink app...but if u using the free quick circle case..you wouldnt be able to use nfc as the case doesnt have nfc chip...u need to use back the original back casing~
 

deepbluu

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
801
Reaction score
0
Is it just me or is it not possible to change the camera resolution?
How Can it be changed? Anyone knows? Thanks!
 

chiaRH

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2012
Messages
1,975
Reaction score
0
Is it just me or is it not possible to change the camera resolution?
How Can it be changed? Anyone knows? Thanks!

Yeah the stock app doesnt let you change the size, only the aspect ratio (that rectangle icon with the 16:9 on it)


Why difficult? Is it cause two piece? And also, how does the thickness and grip feel?

I also recently got the Neo Hybrid for my G4 so i can share some 2cents


Its not that its hard to put it on but rather it's hard to take it off. I feel that this is going to be a issue with any rigid case because of the slim arc shape of the G4 makes hard cases grip the phone body even tighter so going in is easy, coming out is much harder.

And yes Neo Hybrid is a 2 piece case. The plastic rim around it is actually a separate piece from the main black TPU body

The Neo Hybrid is also pretty thick so if you use it on your phone be prepared for an extra 4-5mm of thickness along the sides. Although the G4's sides are flat, the Neo Hybrid's sides are convex outwards which adds to the bulk.



On separate note, want to highlight that when choosing rigid cases for G4 be warned of those that lack proper USB cutouts.

Shown below is the Nillkin frosted shield case for G4. If you use it, depending what USB cable you have, you may or may not be able to plug it into the phone.
0898fca03639e53db827c2eb2c95f151.png
 

GreenHorn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,500
Reaction score
0
Guys using the G4 leather back, can it take moisture? will it have water mark? As i thought of holding it while i jog ..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top