LG G4

Bryson

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
1,547
Reaction score
0
On about 80% on internet based stuffs ( browsing, email. RSS, Facebook, tweeter etc) , no gaming, plenty whatsapp, some youtubes videos I could easily get 5-6 hours SOT. I would say is quite good. What type of SOT are you looking at ??
You must remember this phone has a high resolution display
I use internet commander pro app as battery saver ( reduce battery drain with phone on standby). With 3G/LTE on , the drain over 2-3 hours is practically zero !!
A pity this phone cannot be root yet. If I could root it I am confident I could get another 1-2 hours SOT from it
I can't even get close to 5 hrs of SOT. Even when connected to Wi-Fi and Facebook, instagram and YouTube, I can only go the maximum for 4 hrs only.. That's why I find it impossible that some could even get 5-6 SOT. Btw, the display brightness was set at 40% auto..

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT
 

benny888

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2008
Messages
904
Reaction score
0
I can't even get close to 5 hrs of SOT. Even when connected to Wi-Fi and Facebook, instagram and YouTube, I can only go the maximum for 4 hrs only.. That's why I find it impossible that some could even get 5-6 SOT. Btw, the display brightness was set at 40% auto..

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT

Well different users different experience. With much better LTE in Spore I am sure I can hit better SOT. I am in a small town in Johor n LTE is only satisfactory 10 to 25Mbps only
Quite few of us at Msian lowyat group had reported 5 to 6 hours SOT s common
You need to change some of the auto refresh data time of some app - this will help. Not necessary you would want eg weather, tweeter or newsfeed to actively refresh say every 15 mins? ?
 

Bryson

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
1,547
Reaction score
0
Well different users different experience. With much better LTE in Spore I am sure I can hit better SOT. I am in a small town in Johor n LTE is only satisfactory 10 to 25Mbps only
Quite few of us at Msian lowyat group had reported 5 to 6 hours SOT s common
You need to change some of the auto refresh data time of some app - this will help. Not necessary you would want eg weather, tweeter or newsfeed to actively refresh say every 15 mins? ?
Do you mind sharing your ic batt settings? I've downloaded the free app but I'm new to it. I've only have auto sync and not much apps downloaded..

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT
 

androidbot

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2012
Messages
622
Reaction score
0
https://www.etsy.com/sg-en/shop/Begoos?section_id=11934246

quite a number of colors and patterns to choose from.

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT


My ex-HTC One (M7) had just a sleeve like that and when I dropped the phone in a multi-story carpark the top part of the phone sustained a dent. Phone was still inside the sleeve but it fell towards the opening of the sleeve hitting the ground first.

If currently, your phone has no protection and if you are considering getting this sleeve I would still encourage you to do so because any protection is better than none.
 

kryptonit3

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2008
Messages
2,306
Reaction score
1,887
My ex-HTC One (M7) had just a sleeve like that and when I dropped the phone in a multi-story carpark the top part of the phone sustained a dent. Phone was still inside the sleeve but it fell towards the opening of the sleeve hitting the ground first.

If currently, your phone has no protection and if you are considering getting this sleeve I would still encourage you to do so because any protection is better than none.

yup agreed is not exactly drop proof but more towards protecting from scratches and prevent worn off of the leather surface.

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT
 
Last edited:

symbiote28

Master Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2006
Messages
2,602
Reaction score
220
kind p*ssed right now. took photos with my G4 and the camera suddenly go black. can't do anything so i restarted the phone. now my 128GB memory card is 'blank or has unsupported filesystem'. everything is gone. undetectable on PC or anywhere else. anyone has this issue before?
 

jcbcorp

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2013
Messages
49
Reaction score
2
kind p*ssed right now. took photos with my G4 and the camera suddenly go black. can't do anything so i restarted the phone. now my 128GB memory card is 'blank or has unsupported filesystem'. everything is gone. undetectable on PC or anywhere else. anyone has this issue before?

had similar incident 2 days after using the G4 with the free 64GB micro-sd from LG...not sure if the problem arise from G4 or the micro-sd card? rma-ed with LG & replaced with a new micro-sd card that worked till date with no other issue....**touch-wood**
 

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2006
Messages
6,282
Reaction score
518
anyone download the software update?
i stopped it as it was downloading during work. now cannot find back in settings :(
 

kooky911

Member
Joined
May 12, 2008
Messages
251
Reaction score
0
had similar incident 2 days after using the G4 with the free 64GB micro-sd from LG...not sure if the problem arise from G4 or the micro-sd card? rma-ed with LG & replaced with a new micro-sd card that worked till date with no other issue....**touch-wood**

You got a free 64GB micro-sd card? Where did you get your mobile from?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top