LG G4

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
12,597
Reaction score
1,131
Don't connect to Wifi ... I did say 4G correct ?

Try turning off your Wifi and play CoC on 4G. From 100% start playing CoC on 4G till flat, then tell me how many hours or minutes you have on one battery ? ^^

how about try to use 3G to play COC? set the connection mode to wcdma instead of LTE..
 

tigerwoods

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2005
Messages
11,402
Reaction score
2,626
do i have to format a new microsd card to ntfs to use on the phone or leave as factory default fat32?
 

MZeee18

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2014
Messages
912
Reaction score
9
The battery life for playing games like Clash of Clans on 4G is seriously appalling. I have already done 3 battery cycles for both my batteries. :(


Ahh I see. I'm not a gamer so I only used my phone for usual phone stuff, camera and surfing the net. Batt last quite long for me.
 

MZeee18

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2014
Messages
912
Reaction score
9
I have also bought the gold plastic battery cover to replace my leather red cover from aliexpress. Now still thinking whether to change back from my leather red G4 to Note 4 or Note 4 Edge *sigh*

I bought many covers and even bought the plastic gold cover already. All of them haven't arrived yet.


How much is the gold plastic back plate? I can't find one. Wanted to get it
 

deepbluu

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
801
Reaction score
0
Actually anyone used both s6 and g4 before?
Curious to know feedback how are the 2 compared.
Battery life and camera especially. Anyone care to share? Thanks!
 

kaysee

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2008
Messages
2,480
Reaction score
9
For me it's quite good leh. From morning 7.30am until now 5+pm still left 69%. I left my house with 100%. Once reached office, connect to wifi and play COC several times. FB and instagram frequently also.

Wow, you're damn lucky your set is good huh? My G4 battery drains like mad. I had to off my data everyone I finish using the phone to preserve my battery life. If I on data the whole day, from 9am probably can last me till 7pm only,using mostly WhatsApp only. Don't even dare to click fb and ig. The most once a day during lunch time.
 

MZeee18

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2014
Messages
912
Reaction score
9
Actually anyone used both s6 and g4 before?
Curious to know feedback how are the 2 compared.
Battery life and camera especially. Anyone care to share? Thanks!

I've used both G4 and S6 twice.

Battery life, I believe G4 wins. I'm getting longer lasting battery. From 8am unplug, 50% or more of battery left at 6pm. For S6, about 4pm, I usually will need to charge it.

Camera performance for me it's a tie. I prefer S6 FFC due to its better dynamic range but G4 has more details due to the 8mp and with G4 FFC, I can tap to focus while the S6, you cannot do tap to focus. For rear camera, I really love G4 camera more. Better white balance, manual controls, making it much easier to edit my photos. S6 on the other hand have more punchier colours which many would love including me but I prefer to do post-processing on my photos.

In simpler terms, if you're using auto mode for camera, S6 is much much better. If you are willing to play around with manual controls, get G4. Both phones won't do wrong with their auto mode. But I prefer using S6 on auto. Now, I rarely bring my Nokia 808 out. But that phone still is king of cameraphones

Video quality I can't comment as I'm not an avid videographer. Lol!
 

elementz

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2002
Messages
3,758
Reaction score
64
Actually anyone used both s6 and g4 before?
Curious to know feedback how are the 2 compared.
Battery life and camera especially. Anyone care to share? Thanks!

I used s6 for 2 months, and recently switched to G4 2 days ago. So my experience with G4 still too short to form anything substantial.

G4 battery life seems better. With S6, by the time I reach office (1 hour journey), the battery is at ard 80 percent. For G4, its 91 percent this morning. By lunch time, S6 normally slightly below 70, and G4 still at 84 today. When I reach home at 7 plus, S6 normally in the 30s or 40s, and G4 still at 60s.

For camera, they are almost the same. S6 focuses faster than G4. Day shots looks the same to me, but night shots G4 slightly better. Clearer, less noise, brighter. Very marginal.
 

deepbluu

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
801
Reaction score
0
Wow thanks for the quick reviews.
Was thinking if should exchange my set of g4 for a s6.
Cos read online the batt life for s6 like better lol.
Maybe not true lor
 

MZeee18

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2014
Messages
912
Reaction score
9
Wow thanks for the quick reviews.
Was thinking if should exchange my set of g4 for a s6.
Cos read online the batt life for s6 like better lol.
Maybe not true lor

Depends on the user. Certain apps may drain more battery. But u know, you can give it a go. Not happy, switch back to G4
 

enriqueyang

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2003
Messages
7,108
Reaction score
0
Wouldn't a large powerbank be a better solution than multiple batteries? Xiaomi sells a 16,000 mAh for $30.

try invest in more reliable brand such as yoobao or energizer xpal

xpal 4000 mah still functioning well after 3 years

yoobao heavy usage ev day till now still going strong for the expensive model
 

enriqueyang

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2003
Messages
7,108
Reaction score
0
Wow thanks for the quick reviews.
Was thinking if should exchange my set of g4 for a s6.
Cos read online the batt life for s6 like better lol.
Maybe not true lor

i dont own g4 yet, but if u do video on 4k, s6 gonna suffer alot due to lack of expansion slot, some argue that can use otg..

but those who have both, does both phone allow unlimited 4k recording till the apps crash due to overheat? (something like sony xperia z3)?
 

Bryson

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
1,547
Reaction score
0
Anyone got preventive measures to prevent laser focus plastic cover from getting scratches further? Mine is quite scratched up and I'm pretty annoyed by it. I believe it won't affect the focusing speed but it's a flagship phone from LG and yet such thing happens..

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top