LG G4

studmufn

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2004
Messages
8,697
Reaction score
1
anyone having issues with screen sensitivity? mine does not register taps and swipes very well. have to swipe a few times even to change home screens. scrolling through long webpages or feeds is also very frustrating. other users have complained of the same things in overseas forums.

i was using a tempered glass protector but it's the same thing even after removing it (wasted $20 as a result as well)
 

dreamz13

Master Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2002
Messages
3,445
Reaction score
21
anyone having issues with screen sensitivity? mine does not register taps and swipes very well. have to swipe a few times even to change home screens. scrolling through long webpages or feeds is also very frustrating. other users have complained of the same things in overseas forums.

i was using a tempered glass protector but it's the same thing even after removing it (wasted $20 as a result as well)
yeah it's a known defect. I have some misses when trying to tap the phone awake too.
 

studmufn

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2004
Messages
8,697
Reaction score
1
i've identified an area in the middle of the screen that is particularly not sensitive. damn sian, doesn't feel like an upgrade at all from my G3..

yeah it's a known defect. I have some misses when trying to tap the phone awake too.
 

PholkLorr

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2005
Messages
1,227
Reaction score
31
I thought there's a one year warranty? Well at least this is what the lady at starhub told me when I bought the phone

I just realised mine got the coating 'scratch'. but have to really shine a light onto the screen while its off to see it, during operation you cant see it. Did you claim warranty?

And anyway when you buy the phone they make you check and sign this form to say your product is free from defect so i dont think can claim.
 

symbiote28

Master Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2006
Messages
2,602
Reaction score
220
had similar incident 2 days after using the G4 with the free 64GB micro-sd from LG...not sure if the problem arise from G4 or the micro-sd card? rma-ed with LG & replaced with a new micro-sd card that worked till date with no other issue....**touch-wood**

i think it's myStrontium memory card. can't even format that crap. already written to them about this. definitely not cool. tried all sorts of software to recover but failed. should've gone with Kingston instead.
 

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
5,911
Reaction score
7
I remember someone linking about coating defect on the G4 screen on xda. Is it possible to head down to the service centre now to get the screen replaced since its more than 14 working days..

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT
U can try...svc ctr near vivo.
u must b firm at time that its a pb...as u mentioned swping also hv issue
they will comment that uts due to the apps u install...sw not upgrd blah blah
 

Bryson

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
1,547
Reaction score
0
I just realised mine got the coating 'scratch'. but have to really shine a light onto the screen while its off to see it, during operation you cant see it. Did you claim warranty?

And anyway when you buy the phone they make you check and sign this form to say your product is free from defect so i dont think can claim.
U can try...svc ctr near vivo.
u must b firm at time that its a pb...as u mentioned swping also hv issue
they will comment that uts due to the apps u install...sw not upgrd blah blah
I guess I'll just pass this problem since it doesn't affect me much. I believe the svc centre will also comment about this and that and prolly end of the day, not accepting the phone. Slightly disappointed with this phone but other than that, I'm extremely happy with the camera. :p

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT
 

androidbot

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2012
Messages
622
Reaction score
0
Korea has gotten a new update today hope, it comes our way soon..

Dg1tGNvl.jpg

dqNVdj1l.jpg


Sent from coin operated public phone using GAGT
 

amooos

Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2009
Messages
262
Reaction score
0
Hi,

Could I ask if any of you got the metallic or shiny version from Singtel?

Noticed that they only sell the leather versions whereas Starhub has the Metallic version.

Hoping to get the metallic one but it seems that Singtel doesn't carry it.

Thanks!
 

dreamz13

Master Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2002
Messages
3,445
Reaction score
21
I'm more keen on the touch response update.

Can't wait for the update. Especially the temperature management..

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT

No. Stinktel only sell the leather version.

Hi,

Could I ask if any of you got the metallic or shiny version from Singtel?

Noticed that they only sell the leather versions whereas Starhub has the Metallic version.

Hoping to get the metallic one but it seems that Singtel doesn't carry it.

Thanks!
 

Chipero

Master Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2000
Messages
2,980
Reaction score
0
I am not bias when I compare phones. If the G4 is good, its good but is it? Don't really understand why they can make their flagship phone so disappointing.

I read somewhere that the G4's camera is very fast. I dunno what it meant by very fast. Saving the image very fast or capturing the image very fast or launch the camera to take picture very fast ?

Saving the image - It always ask me whether to save to SD card or not. I dunno press how many times already.
Capturing the image - The focus always cannot focus properly. The green box moves itself.
Launch the camera - Launch the camera very fast for what when the focus doesn't do its job and keep asking me to save to sd card.

GSMarena says the G4 battery life is 54H and the S5 is 83H. S5 is last year's phone. *sigh*
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top