LG G4

Bryson

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
1,547
Reaction score
0
I am not bias when I compare phones. If the G4 is good, its good but is it? Don't really understand why they can make their flagship phone so disappointing.

I read somewhere that the G4's camera is very fast. I dunno what it meant by very fast. Saving the image very fast or capturing the image very fast or launch the camera to take picture very fast ?

Saving the image - It always ask me whether to save to SD card or not. I dunno press how many times already.
Capturing the image - The focus always cannot focus properly. The green box moves itself.
Launch the camera - Launch the camera very fast for what when the focus doesn't do its job and keep asking me to save to sd card.

GSMarena says the G4 battery life is 54H and the S5 is 83H. S5 is last year's phone. *sigh*
Exactly my same thoughts.

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT
 

skyline72

Honorary Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2007
Messages
106,532
Reaction score
14,952
Korea has gotten a new update today hope, it comes our way soon..

http://i.imgur.com/Dg1tGNvl.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dqNVdj1l.jpg[IMG]

[URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shiportal.hwzreader&referrer=utm_source%3Dsignature%26utm_medium%3Dforum"]Sent from coin operated public phone using GAGT[/URL][/QUOTE]

Hopefully it reaches to us soon. :s12:
 

Kindovic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2001
Messages
10,415
Reaction score
1
anyone managed to get the default messaging app to underline and link tel. numbers?
 
Last edited:

myhairverypain

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2012
Messages
1,956
Reaction score
0
I am not bias when I compare phones. If the G4 is good, its good but is it? Don't really understand why they can make their flagship phone so disappointing.

I read somewhere that the G4's camera is very fast. I dunno what it meant by very fast. Saving the image very fast or capturing the image very fast or launch the camera to take picture very fast ?

Saving the image - It always ask me whether to save to SD card or not. I dunno press how many times already.
Capturing the image - The focus always cannot focus properly. The green box moves itself.
Launch the camera - Launch the camera very fast for what when the focus doesn't do its job and keep asking me to save to sd card.

GSMarena says the G4 battery life is 54H and the S5 is 83H. S5 is last year's phone. *sigh*

I have no idea what they mean exactly but fast can possibly mean the aperture. G4 aperture is F1.8 which is one of the fastest currently. S6 is F1.9 just a tiny bit slower. As for saving to SD card issue its possible that you keep removing your sd card? Everytime you remove sd card and reinsert back, the camera will prompt asking if to save into the new card. Else there could be an issue with your sd automatically unmount/remount.
 

myhairverypain

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2012
Messages
1,956
Reaction score
0
As for battery issues sad to say but the main culprit is Lollipop. S5 and S6 iirc both are on kitkat out of the box while G4 is on lollipop. So reviews that compare the phones battery life are a little unreliable since most of them do not state firmware or compare with the same firmware. Even my sartki G3 that used to last 2 days with 1 full charge after lollipop can now only last no more than 1 day.

That said, I guess thats why LG gave free battery haha.
 

Chipero

Master Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2000
Messages
2,980
Reaction score
0
I have no idea what they mean exactly but fast can possibly mean the aperture. G4 aperture is F1.8 which is one of the fastest currently. S6 is F1.9 just a tiny bit slower. As for saving to SD card issue its possible that you keep removing your sd card? Everytime you remove sd card and reinsert back, the camera will prompt asking if to save into the new card. Else there could be an issue with your sd automatically unmount/remount.

Maybe this aperture thing , G4 is faster than S6. Why I say my G4's camera is slow is that whenever i tap focus on a particular area on my screen , that small box from white will turn to green. Meaning to say its already focusing on where I want my camera to focus but just as I want to capture the image, the green box moves itself away. The image then becomes blurred upon hitting the capture button.

Out of 10 times hitting the native camera app, that save to sd card thingy will appear 6 times.
 

Chipero

Master Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2000
Messages
2,980
Reaction score
0




S5 last year's phone without lollipop still have better battery life than my G4. 29 hours difference on lollipop. I don't understand. *sigh*
 

benny888

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2008
Messages
904
Reaction score
0
Maybe this aperture thing , G4 is faster than S6. Why I say my G4's camera is slow is that whenever i tap focus on a particular area on my screen , that small box from white will turn to green. Meaning to say its already focusing on where I want my camera to focus but just as I want to capture the image, the green box moves itself away. The image then becomes blurred upon hitting the capture button.

Out of 10 times hitting the native camera app, that save to sd card thingy will appear 6 times.

Did you set save photos to ext sdcard?i never face such issues at all asking to save ?? I had set it to save to ext sdcard
This phone has higher resolution display vs S5 n battery usage will be higher
 

myhairverypain

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2012
Messages
1,956
Reaction score
0
S5 last year's phone without lollipop still have better battery life than my G4. 29 hours difference on lollipop. I don't understand. *sigh*

Lets put it this way. If G4 is on kitkat it will probably last just as long as S5 battery. And if S5 you update to lollipop the battery performance will probably be similar to G4. Gotta compare apples to apples or oranges to oranges. With your theory you should buy last year's kit kat phone and not update firmware at all. Or better still get symbian phone can easily last you 1 week. If you really need or since you already have a lollipop phone then just have to work around the battery issue until google fixes it in the next update. Or root and load custom firmware that is optimized by xda developers.

But overall i do agree lollipop is a mistake. Apart from battery life even the sound settings is really annoying me. Haha.
 

faded11

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2015
Messages
648
Reaction score
1
I am not bias when I compare phones. If the G4 is good, its good but is it? Don't really understand why they can make their flagship phone so disappointing.

I read somewhere that the G4's camera is very fast. I dunno what it meant by very fast. Saving the image very fast or capturing the image very fast or launch the camera to take picture very fast ?

Saving the image - It always ask me whether to save to SD card or not. I dunno press how many times already.
Capturing the image - The focus always cannot focus properly. The green box moves itself.
Launch the camera - Launch the camera very fast for what when the focus doesn't do its job and keep asking me to save to sd card.

GSMarena says the G4 battery life is 54H and the S5 is 83H. S5 is last year's phone. *sigh*

so not recommended to get G4? and wait for G4 pro or note?
 

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
12,597
Reaction score
1,131
Did you set save photos to ext sdcard?i never face such issues at all asking to save ?? I had set it to save to ext sdcard
This phone has higher resolution display vs S5 n battery usage will be higher

i rmb i have this same issue on camera asking to save on sd card message before v10b update...recently didnt notice this message already.
 

kryptonit3

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2008
Messages
2,308
Reaction score
1,887
battery life is decent for a day usage.. easily 4 to 5 hrs SoT with some light gaming.. it may not be the best in the market but i believe is better than s6?

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top