Lost money in commodities trading

Mecisteus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2002
Messages
55,825
Reaction score
12,257
You mean check whether td ameritrade conduxt is correct? I read that by dealing with unregulated traders you lose the MAS protection...

He is definitely a licensed broker. If he is not, TD A A will be in trouble.

You may be wrong to give your account details.

But is his conduct correct to trade on your behalf? See some of the rules.

http://www.sias.org.sg/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=264&Itemid=101&lang=en

Lastly, is your broker TD A is the Asia one or the overseas one?
 

Johnlim2478

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
He is definitely a licensed broker. If he is not, TD A A will be in trouble.

You may be wrong to give your account details.

But is his conduct correct to trade on your behalf? See some of the rules.

http://www.sias.org.sg/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=264&Itemid=101&lang=en

Lastly, is your broker TD A is the Asia one or the overseas one?

Understand tdaa is incensed. But my trader isnt...i think your link applies for trading rep that are registered with a company? Did i interpret it correctly
 

Johnlim2478

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
29
Reaction score
0

alyssax

Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2013
Messages
314
Reaction score
0
I think what TS means is that 1. His brokerage account is TD Ameritrade. 2. The person who is logging into his account and trading on his behalf (“trader”) is a man on a street who is unlicensed and have no connection with TD Ameritrade.

Can you reveal the name of the trader then ?
 

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,110
Reaction score
4,081
I think what TS means is that 1. His brokerage account is TD Ameritrade. 2. The person who is logging into his account and trading on his behalf (“trader”) is a man on a street who is unlicensed and have no connection with TD Ameritrade.

Can you reveal the name of the trader then ?

I think some have wondered why someone would let this kind of person have access to his money and trading account, and why access to so much money,

Finally, how come after losing the money, he know how to come to MM/SSI to post, but before that, don't know how to ask in MM/SSI whether its a good idea to hand over his cash and trading account to an 'unlicensed person.
 

Johnlim2478

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
I think what TS means is that 1. His brokerage account is TD Ameritrade. 2. The person who is logging into his account and trading on his behalf (“trader”) is a man on a street who is unlicensed and have no connection with TD Ameritrade.

Can you reveal the name of the trader then ?

Hi that is right. Sorry if it was confusing.

I rather not reveal as he is a friend afterall..
 

Johnlim2478

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
I think some have wondered why someone would let this kind of person have access to his money and trading account, and why access to so much money,

Finally, how come after losing the money, he know how to come to MM/SSI to post, but before that, don't know how to ask in MM/SSI whether its a good idea to hand over his cash and trading account to an 'unlicensed person.

Think its the same situation as the friends and family of the XIV guy who lost 4mn?
 

Mecisteus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2002
Messages
55,825
Reaction score
12,257
Nobody would have expected it. Unless you're in some big trading firms and professional at that. Otherwise, it comes as a shock.

Even professional traders/investors can bust their accounts and funds.
 

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
12,206
Reaction score
2,669
I don't understand, commodities didn't really crash like the XIV or like the USDCHF in 2015. The commodities market didn't make any outsized moves. So your friend can't blame a bad market. He seems to have just taken a very bad bet.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
 

Johnlim2478

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
I don't understand, commodities didn't really crash like the XIV or like the USDCHF in 2015. The commodities market didn't make any outsized moves. So your friend can't blame a bad market. He seems to have just taken a very bad bet.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

He traded US Indexes such as ES. Crashed 200 points in one day
 

alexchia01

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2013
Messages
1,941
Reaction score
3
He traded US Indexes such as ES. Crashed 200 points in one day

I trade Index Futures, YM and ES. Made a killing last week. One of my best results.

Even if I lose, I don't lose more than 10% of my capital.

How your guy lose all your capital and still owe over $90k is beyond me.
 

Johnlim2478

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
He traded US Indexes such as ES. Crashed 200 points in one day

I trade Index Futures, YM and ES. Made a killing last week. One of my best results.

Even if I lose, I don't lose more than 10% of my capital.

How your guy lose all your capital and still owe over $90k is beyond me.

I mean no point saying this now..doesnt help my situation...:(
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top