[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

Joined
Nov 3, 2011
Messages
150,482
Reaction score
11
:s11:
just curious can revert back to the last OSX from App store???

oR any tricks and tweek to make it don't lag on older iMac?
 
Last edited:

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
21,481
Reaction score
3,166
yr machine lag cos e mechanical hdd has slowed down a lot. change to a ssd n u'll see it fly. e slow hdd affects e swap disk esp when u only have 4gb of ram...
 
Joined
Nov 3, 2011
Messages
150,482
Reaction score
11
yr machine lag cos e mechanical hdd has slowed down a lot. change to a ssd n u'll see it fly. e slow hdd affects e swap disk esp when u only have 4gb of ram...

:o
problem I don't know how to change , also backup the present application , etc
 
Joined
Nov 3, 2011
Messages
150,482
Reaction score
11
u can always go shops to change if u dun want to diy. backup just use time machine la. u mean u never backup at all? :s22:

seriously nope. I don't store important stuff on my mac.

I just use it for work

I also don't know is it already back up as if I right , initial when the iMac will auto backup your stuffs like application ???

once you install?

bro mine is not macbook man , is iMac hard to take travel around. Last time I brought it personally bring back home already feel zzzz no doubt just 21 inch.
 
Joined
Nov 3, 2011
Messages
150,482
Reaction score
11
:o

noob question , those got two iMac side by side

your wireless keyboard and mouse can just use one?


I doubt so using one keyboard and mouse can control two iMac???

unless we are talking about using dual display here.
 

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
21,481
Reaction score
3,166
:o

noob question , those got two iMac side by side

your wireless keyboard and mouse can just use one?


I doubt so using one keyboard and mouse can control two iMac???

unless we are talking about using dual display here.

synergy. u can google it...
 
Joined
Nov 3, 2011
Messages
150,482
Reaction score
11
:s11:
by the way , I never try before.

Usually I charge my iPhone 6 is via iPhone charger plug to my power bar.

I want to save power point.

is it ok to charge via my iMac?

I suppose can.

But the real doubt is , after I charge finish my iPhone plug out BUT still let the lighting cable attract the iMac while the mac still never go to sleep mode , is on

will it get " voltage shock ' ??? since the lighting cable never charge anything and left dangling behind the iMac while still running.
 

metavolta

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2003
Messages
1,655
Reaction score
1
Have a problem on my MAC OS installation

swooped my MAC Mini hard disk to SSD via SLS repair shop..

Now I tried to reinstalling the OS and it is unable to do so and it keeps indicating "The request is time out"

Anybody can advice what should I do next?
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,576
Reaction score
347
Have a problem on my MAC OS installation

swooped my MAC Mini hard disk to SSD via SLS repair shop..

Now I tried to reinstalling the OS and it is unable to do so and it keeps indicating "The request is time out"

Anybody can advice what should I do next?

Did you connect to your network, assuming you are formatting through the disk utility?
 
Joined
Nov 3, 2011
Messages
150,482
Reaction score
11
:s11:
I just noticed the new iMac magic keyboard got build in battery and is charge via Lighting cable attach to your iMac

is it ok to left the lighting cable attach behind despite you never charge? whereas you iMac still on?


lastly I wonder you guys noticed while surfing Facebook Page , while you scroll up and down kinda got flicker

but on other websites is ok.

I amuse is not due to safari problems? since other websites look ok

this only appear on Facebook while you view Facebook Page
 

metavolta

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2003
Messages
1,655
Reaction score
1
Did you connect to your network, assuming you are formatting through the disk utility?

I suspect that Apple recognises that the SSD that I am using is not the original hard drive and therefore when it ran the "Verification for Computer Eligibility" when I did the installation... it subsequently "Time out"
 

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
21,481
Reaction score
3,166
I suspect that Apple recognises that the SSD that I am using is not the original hard drive and therefore when it ran the "Verification for Computer Eligibility" when I did the installation... it subsequently "Time out"

yr copy of e OS installer ok? it could be corrupted. try download again...
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,576
Reaction score
347
I suspect that Apple recognises that the SSD that I am using is not the original hard drive and therefore when it ran the "Verification for Computer Eligibility" when I did the installation... it subsequently "Time out"

Not possible. There shouldn't have any problem formatting on another SSD.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top