masterbedding
Senior Member
- Joined
- Jan 8, 2013
- Messages
- 2,275
- Reaction score
- 105
Scratch/ scuff marks on the aluminium lid of macbook pro. This is just from putting it inside a bag. Any means of clearing it?

thinking of my first ever mac, and question i have is:
how many bought the macbook pro and set up a monitor display? i don't really bring around a laptop (never had one) and will use it mainly at home on a desk. would it be wise buying a 13" with a monitor or just proceed with a 27" imac?
the option of bringing a macbook pro around is convenient but mostly i'll just connect it and leave it on a desk.
Depends on your needs. I have been using for many years on a Mac for work. I bring my MBP around, and now I have DELL 27” placed in the office for work that requires more screen assets and better working posture. So it depends on how mobile is your usage![]()
actually part of it is i'm trying to familiarize myself with Mac having been a windows user all my life. what i want it to do is for basic things but also for cataloging my photos and videos and i'll heavily run adobe suite of softwares.
the 13/15" screen will not be my primary screen if i were to go ahead and buy the macbook pro. gotta buy a secondary monitor to go along. this would definitely be pricier than buying the 27" imac itself.
I have gotten myself a Macbook basic entry level model with 256 ssd. I m happy with the clean OS. Although i know there is one port only i went ahead with it. As my usage is light with web browsing and watch you tube and occasionally MS words and excel. I thought a Pro is too much for me.
Now and thinking if i should return it and top up to get a Macbook pro as the specs dump is a lot and the 1 port thing is really a bumper when i need to use ports. The fanless technology kinda of worries me and thinking if it will affect the laptop durability on the long run.
Any advice or suggestion?
You need to understand what you need first, don’t worry about the fanless design, cos macbook doesn’t allow you to execute certain intensive commands with built in temperature sensing technology. Example, macbook will auto shut down and refuse to turn on until temperature returns to normal, a mechanism to prevent frying the internals.
MacBook Pro however is a more rounded design for everyday use, macbook itself is just for word processing and light media consumption. I bet it cannot even process video editing under certain conditions, as it will turn off by itself after a while..
Which co is reliable to repair imac
Mine is new screen etc. just not starting up. Not sure if I Shld repair or just plug in to access hdd. 5yrs old but I'm light user n using pretty high specs back then
iMac like not lasting. 2nd one to up lorry soon after AppleCare expired
Which co is reliable to repair imac
Mine is new screen etc. just not starting up. Not sure if I Shld repair or just plug in to access hdd. 5yrs old but I'm light user n using pretty high specs back then
iMac like not lasting. 2nd one to up lorry soon after AppleCare expired
Any cheaper alternatives to magic mouse 2?
Is there a shorter version of the earpod with lightning connector?
Can use airpods with macbook in clamshell mode?