Macross / Robotech lovers

AugzCooler

Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2011
Messages
461
Reaction score
0
Anyone also keen on the Macross series (aka Robotech)?

It was the first cartoon that left an impression on me, in chinese.... about aeroplanes transforming into robots. A little like transformers, but they are human-driven!

The latest series, Macross Galaxy is a killer.. they are releasing so many kits on the various "models" of their veritech fighters. But I am still missing on their main flagship!:s11:
 

ZerozeroZero

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
12,684
Reaction score
0
Some diehard Macross fan (if any) will come and tell you Macross and Robotech are different.
 

AugzCooler

Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2011
Messages
461
Reaction score
0
Difference btw Robotech and Macross

Lol that is obvious. Macross is the original Jap series while Robotech is bought over by the Americans and developed into Gen 2 and Gen 3 on the tanks and motorcycles.

Whichever it is, I am sure die-hard fans collect BOTH series as they are part of the Macross linage.
 

ZerozeroZero

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
12,684
Reaction score
0
Lol that is obvious. Macross is the original Jap series while Robotech is bought over by the Americans and developed into Gen 2 and Gen 3 on the tanks and motorcycles.

Whichever it is, I am sure die-hard fans collect BOTH series as they are part of the Macross linage.

Whatever floats your boat bro.

But I own and love the iphone yet i'm not getting the samsung omnia, or galaxy S or tab; nor the HTC blahblahblah; nor the etc.

Though, no one is stopping you from getting all the phones, since they are all sleek looking touchscreen smart phones with a button at the bottom.

Yet to me, none of them are iphones. Nor is iphone any other phone.

Also, hardcore fans of iphone may get iphone 1st gen, 2nd gen, 3g, 3gs, 4, and all the white versions of those phone, but i dont think they are likely to pick up a samsung galaxy S together.

But hey, to each his own right?

I posted initially to just clarify that macross and robotech are different and not "aka"-able. Just like how i cannot say i own a iphone, aka samsung galaxy s.

Peace.

I'm keen on Macross though. Watched the main series. I watched Robotech a bit, wasnt really keen on how the characters' personalities were tweaked. So i didnt follow through.

Love them planes and missile spams and how it all happens with music. The music gets better and better too. I like how Macross Frontier incorporated liberally some of the original macross' songs into their music.
 

zaidi4ever

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2003
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
0
anyone watch mospesda? which cyclone bike toy is the most accurate in the market? thks in advance.
 

royforker

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
There are lots of variance out there. but in term of quality and build, soul of chogokin still the best. I brough most of the macross frontier toys in Chogokin version. I must say its good esp at the joint.
 

ZerozeroZero

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
12,684
Reaction score
0
There are lots of variance out there. but in term of quality and build, soul of chogokin still the best. I brough most of the macross frontier toys in Chogokin version. I must say its good esp at the joint.

Checkout the toys by Yamato. They dont produce for frontier though. But lots of stuff for Roy Focker. Heh.

I feel that Yamato's line of toys, for macross, totally blows bandai's dx chogokin away. No proportion issues, no awkward Gerwalk mode, everything's sturdy quality.

It aint cheap too, though. And not every series is represented. (Macross F)

I have a YF-21 from yamato. Really great model. Looks fantastic.

I also have a DX Chogokin Macross Quarter. Haha. Still great, but somehow more fiddly than my YF-21 despite the transformation being much less complicated.

Share your toy collection and favourite valks! Or tanks and bikes from Robotech!

Mah favourite is, of course, the YF-21. Next would probably be YF-27. Similar design. Heh. VF-25s with Armoured pack is pretty damn awesome too.
 

royforker

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
What's the scale size of ur YF-21? you cant actually compare a fighter with a carrier u know, cos the scale size is different. If u compare to bandai's DX series of VF-25, don't think there is much different.
I personally have the first version of yamato series macross plus fighter but really its just not as impressive as bandai's . but when come to 1/48 scale, i must say its impressive. :)
 

ZerozeroZero

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
12,684
Reaction score
0
1/60. No 1/48 for the YF 21 to my knowledge. I can imagine it being massive. heh.

Yup, i know it's not a good comparison. So comparing valks with valks, yamato's doesnt have fiddly parts, everything is solid and locked tight in the right place. No proportion issues (subjective of course). Doesnt have awkward Gerwalk mode (Not corrected in bandai's DX Chogokins until YF 27).

Said problem:
alto11.jpg


Said problem in Ozma Custom:
P1310626.jpg


It can be "remedied":
P1310628.jpg


But one must be aware that the thighs, or air intakes, are not connected... hanging loose in other words which is what allows it to form the A stance. It is designed to be locked to the body which results in the funny stance.

Said correction:
IMG_3169.JPG


They added a separate joint iirc.

Yamato's YF-21:
DSC05170.jpg


Then again, yamato's planes comes at twice the price.......:s16::s16::s16:

Images credited to CollectionDX with the exception of the last image which belongs to me.
 

royforker

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
ya agreed with you. Bandai's DX does have a strange post on the Gerwalk mode. But when it come to robot or fighter mode its still okie. For me i have complain on the 1st series of yamato macross plus esp the YF-11, the shoulder joint sucks man. Can break easily. But they do go a long way. The least version i got from them was the 1/60 Super/strick VF-1S. Nice.

Ur YF-22 nice, u got the booster pack version ? :D
 

ZerozeroZero

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
12,684
Reaction score
0
Nahh. Only the Fast Packs that came with the kit. The Fold Boosters are pretty though.

And yea, agreed. The DX Chogokins look great in Fighter mode though less so in Battroid and awkward in Gerwalk. I need to get myself some Armoured packed VF 25. Most likely getting model kit though, rather than the chogokins.

But i am eyeing the DX chogokin YF 27. The best release so far. Heh. I am drawn to yamato's SDF 1 macross too. But that's... 500 bux? :s16::s16::s16:

Ooo. I think the strike pack is really cool. I have something for having (beam) cannons over shoulders. heh. Show show! :s12:
 

royforker

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
yalor, yamato SDF-1 is way to expensive cos of the size. Lucky i got the smaller version "W.A.V.E SDF-1, still okie for me. Initially i was expecting the older version of SDF-1 but yamato release the movie version not the TV one. Sad sad.

I would like to show the pic but don't think my current account able to display here. Maybe i will post the URL link :p hope it can work.

So Zerozerozero, how many Macross toy do you own?
 

ZerozeroZero

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
12,684
Reaction score
0
A grand total of...... 2. =|

Too ex to have so many especially when I picked up macross only after watching macross f. Watched it, then went to watch from the first series in order of release.

I will collect more! What about you, Roy. How many do you have? Got Roy focker specials not? Haha.

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app
 

royforker

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
haha, ya think i got that one. Roy focker with super/strike pack.

As for my collection think this is what i have at the moment:

1) 1989 toy box macross SDF-1
2) Yamato YF-19
3) Yamato YF-22 and YF-22 with fast pack
4) Yamato VF-11B and VF-11B with fast pack
5) WAVE macross SDF-1
6) Macross F VF-25G Messiah Michael Custom
7) Macross F RVF-25 Messiah Luca Custom
8) Macross F APS-25 armor pack Messiah Ozma Custom
9) Macross F Macross quarter
10) Yamato VE-1 Elint Seeker version
11) Yamato VF-1S Roy Fokker version with fast/strike part

Think i have slow down alot lao ... hehehe
 

AugzCooler

Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2011
Messages
461
Reaction score
0
I have the SDF 1 Macross (Movie ver) also, kinda miss the TV version where the "arms" are the battleships and not the armour ships (look kinda dumb).

For the original series I have the Special VF-1 (black), and VF-1 (Maxx ver) with full armour, and VF-1S (Roy Fokker) with Fast/Strike Armour.

My main series is Macross F where I took all the VF-25s and the VF-27 and the Macross Quarter.

Wondering when they will release the actual Macross ship (it looks so much cooler).
 

royforker

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
power. u have all the macross F toys. u got VB-6 König Monster too? I still thinking if want to add VF-25 (Alto Saotome) and VF-27 Lucifer :p
 

ZerozeroZero

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
12,684
Reaction score
0
I salute you both. Haha. Amazing collections. The Konig Monster is quite awesome in it's Gerwalk mode. I like that mode a lot.
 

royforker

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
my collection is normal lah. I dont collect repeat version (eg: color different). Konig Monster is nice but expensive too. So i skip tat one lao. :p
 

royforker

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
No lah. My YF-19 is the first yamato series for macross plus. Tat one cant mount the fold booster. its the 1/72 sale size which was release at 2000. :p come to think of it, it tat one is 11 years old now .. lol
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top