Mastercard tap in TransitLink

chuanz

Master Member
Reaction score
i read we need to activate at GTM machine before using but i cant activate.

IF your card does not support CEPAS, there is no need to "activate" at GTM.
This can be confirmed if the GTM shows a message like "Bank Card Supported" when you place it on the reader.

chuanz

Master Member
Reaction score
Btw, the system is from TransitLink, not LTA.

So TransitLink have access to the gantry records and they know which card linked to your account (since you need to register), everything is within their own system. I really so not get the rationale of the three day wait. If reflect after one day I still can close one eye accept. Three days is...

It is different from the credit card charge you mentioned because then the transaction data belongs to the payment network (VISA/MasterCard/AMEX/whathaveyous) which is external from the bank.

So I just checked today and yesterday's rides are in liao. Close one eye acceptable ;)

worldrally

Reaction score
Just to check, anyone has successfully added your FEVO card into the transitlink account?

Yes I added my M1 successfully yesterday and received an email confirmation stating I have to go to GTM on 23rd Mar to activate it.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
So I don't understand what the issue is on 3 days? When you charge to credit card today you don't expect to see it immediately on Internet Banking ya? Are you planning to validate every day whether the charges from LTA are correct?

The issue is when you make transactions with credit cards, you know what is the amount you paid.

With this, you don't.

I validate every trip because I've been overcharged more times than I can count. It's a few cents each time, but can you imagine if they do it to millions of ppl everyday which they probably do?

drumma

Reaction score
since it's contactless payment, I actually wonder if anyone tried using apple pay?

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
since it's contactless payment, I actually wonder if anyone tried using apple pay?

I don't think can. You have to register your card number, but you can't do it with mobile payments cos the number is virtual.

Probably in the pipeline though, since I see an icon for "virtual device" under payment methods in the portal

Tormented Soul

Reaction score
The issue is when you make transactions with credit cards, you know what is the amount you paid.

With this, you don't.

I validate every trip because I've been overcharged more times than I can count. It's a few cents each time, but can you imagine if they do it to millions of ppl everyday which they probably do?
You chase back every trip from Ezlink daily? :eek:

JC2015

Reaction score

With this, you don't.

The 3 days won't make a difference on this. Plus here you can potentially get the bank to dispute

Knightoftheblackrose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just did the activation for my 3 DBS/POSB Mastercards at the MRT's GTM machine .

I confirm that this is a necessary step before you can start using your MasterCard Debit or Credit Card to pay for your rides.

The default mode for all my 3 cards was " CEPAS" mode, aka EZLINK.

You have to manually change it to " BANK MODE" at the GTM Terminal.

Even if you are not a POSB/DBS card holder, if you are a KS Sinkie (like me ! ;) , I suggest checking out the payment mode of your card at the GTM Terminal.

Hope this post helps anyone out there.

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
I just did the activation for my 3 DBS/POSB Mastercards at the MRT's GTM machine .

I confirm that this is a necessary step before you can start using your MasterCard Debit or Credit Card to pay for your rides.

The default mode for all my 3 cards was " CEPAS" mode, aka EZLINK.

You have to manually change it to " BANK MODE" at the GTM Terminal.

Even if you are not a POSB/DBS card holder, if you are a KS Sinkie (like me ! ;) , I suggest checking out the payment mode of your card at the GTM Terminal.

Hope this post helps anyone out there.

Why you fill up all 3 slots with DBS mc cards?
Btw, the 1st 3 rides free is only applicable for one card user, not per card. :look:

You should switch to SCB MAN cc immediately after you've tapped 3x wif your DBS mc cc.

Verbatin

Reaction score
my manhattan dont have any logo. so the older version of the manhattan (without paypass) cannot use?

edited - yes cannot use if don't have the paypass logo

Last edited:

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
actually using GTM to "activate" is just to switch between CEPAS and BANK mode.
this is only applicable to credit cards with ezlink/flashpay.
it's stated in the FAQ or guides.
for credit cards without cepas function, once u recv the confirmation email (there are 2 diff ver), they will tell u to start using it immediately.

htc_user

Reaction score
I went to get back my stored refund via ATM as mine is a Debit Card and hence cancel the Netsflashpay function.

When I put the card on the GTM reader to activate the card after receiving the SMS, it says Purse Disabled.

Anyone can advice? I went to the passenger service centre and ticket office they also cannot help. Thanks.

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
my manhattan dont have any logo. so the older version of the manhattan (without paypass) cannot use?

edited - yes cannot use if don't have the paypass logo

verb, ka kin ka dian wei hor stand chart to send you new one! :o

frustrateddude

Reaction score
I went to get back my stored refund via ATM as mine is a Debit Card and hence cancel the Netsflashpay function.

When I put the card on the GTM reader to activate the card after receiving the SMS, it says Purse Disabled.

Anyone can advice? I went to the passenger service centre and ticket office they also cannot help. Thanks.

exchange a new debit card with the bank

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You found an edge case!

Knightoftheblackrose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My current situation is that I only have those MasterCards with me.

I just cancelled my UOB PRIVI MILES MC because they refused to waive my fees.

I might consider applying for the Manhattan MC.

Why you fill up all 3 slots with DBS mc cards?
Btw, the 1st 3 rides free is only applicable for one card user, not per card. :look:

You should switch to SCB MAN cc immediately after you've tapped 3x wif your DBS mc cc.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
i checked yesterday's charges at the ABT website... the charges for yesterday are all "negative" values... lol... :s13:
is this correct? or the rebates are instantly deducted? :s11:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.