Mastercard tap in TransitLink

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Realised that all bus timings are boarding times and all MRT timings are alighting times :o

Means your journey is most likely:
18:10 – 18:41 22509 (Blk 664C) – 44531 (Opp Choa Chu Kang Stn)
18:50 – 19:14 CCK – YIS
19:25 – 19:32 59073 (Northpoint City) – 59079 (Khatib Camp)
19:41 – 19:46 59071 (Opp Khatib Camp) – 59119 (Opp Blk 701A)
19:53 – 20:06 59111 (Blk 701) – 58211 (Sembawang Stn)
Tap in at 20:09 before 2 hours is over
20:11 – 20:39 SBW – JUR
20:41 – 20:51 JUR – PNR
21:06 – 21:10 22529 (Pioneer Stn Exit B) – 22259 (Blk 668D)
Actually it's pretty close. I tapped into the second MRT at 20:07 or 20:08.

How you estimate the timing within a few mins accuracy one omg

Sent from Xiaomi MI MIX 2 using GAGT

tamago_

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Actually it's pretty close. I tapped into the second MRT at 20:07 or 20:08.

How you estimate the timing within a few mins accuracy one omg

Sent from Xiaomi MI MIX 2 using GAGT
I tan jiak with all these one :s13:

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE

a few days ago, I remembered I entered MRT, then travel almost 2/3 of journey, then forgot something then cross over took the train back (without exiting) and exited at same MRT station, I think I saw zero fare, haha.[/QUOTE]

wow, this is new .. last time kena full fare if not wrong

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today got a chance to use the "chip" on my credit card for payment.

See if this will really re-set the "1024" in the next few months.

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how about use tap for payment, will it reset too?

No. Only transaction using non-tap (i.e. physically inserting the card/chip into the reader) would count as a re-set, based on interpretation.

So far, this non-tap reset has not been proven yet. I myself is testing to see if it's true. Would probably take another 5 months...

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No. Only transaction using non-tap (i.e. physically inserting the card/chip into the reader) would count as a re-set, based on interpretation.

So far, this non-tap reset has not been proven yet. I myself is testing to see if it's true. Would probably take another 5 months...

I spoke with LTA recently & LTA confirmed that the 1024 limit & is apparently set by the card issuer . ie MasterCard

LTA said they have asked Mastercard to set a higher threshold which would be put in place for new cards issued ... I forgot to ask if there was a way to reset though .. so if want to know, can send feedback to LTA & it will be directed to the relevant officer to respond.

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
I spoke with LTA recently & LTA confirmed that the 1024 limit & is apparently set by the card issuer . ie MasterCard

LTA said they have asked Mastercard to set a higher threshold which would be put in place for new cards issued ... I forgot to ask if there was a way to reset though .. so if want to know, can send feedback to LTA & it will be directed to the relevant officer to respond.

I heard Visa is now testing by bank employees, hope they learned

vegavega25

Reaction score
Received notifications about TransitLink becoming SimplyGo.

Do I understand it correctly that the only thing changing is that new cards don't need to be registered in advance before using it for transport?

But of course if we want to access the TransitLink/SimplyGo app or website portal, we need to register it.

There is no word about being limited to MasterCard only, so presumably the Visa pilot has been successful. Nothing explicitly mentioned though.

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
Still need add the card into your account, otherwise, how to make sure you only use your own card, not someone else’s card?

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Received notifications about TransitLink becoming SimplyGo.

Do I understand it correctly that the only thing changing is that new cards don't need to be registered in advance before using it for transport?

But of course if we want to access the TransitLink/SimplyGo app or website portal, we need to register it.

There is no word about being limited to MasterCard only, so presumably the Visa pilot has been successful. Nothing explicitly mentioned though.

There is no changes except for the name. It is still exactly the same portal and need to do the same procedure to register and activate the cards.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All the news sources say pre-registration not necessary
https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/parliament-new-simplygo-system-to-let-bank-cards-double-up-as-public-transport-travel-cards

Read the bottom portion.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/parliament-new-simplygo-system-to-let-bank-cards-double-up-as-public-transport-travel-cards

Read the bottom portion.

Please read

With SimplyGo, all Mastercard contactless card users will not need to pre-register their Mastercard for public transport rides, the announcement clarified. Participants of the pilot started in March 2017 can continue to use the same Mastercard to travel with SimplyGo.

https://sbr.com.sg/financial-servic...count-based-ticketing-system-simplygo-4-april

havealaughclown

Reaction score
With SimplyGo, all Mastercard contactless card users will not need to pre-register their Mastercard for public transport rides, the announcement clarified. Participants of the pilot started in March 2017 can continue to use the same Mastercard to travel with SimplyGo.\

- Did it start this month of March? I dont think I have tried it first. Better knowing before it happens.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
With SimplyGo, all Mastercard contactless card users will not need to pre-register their Mastercard for public transport rides, the announcement clarified. Participants of the pilot started in March 2017 can continue to use the same Mastercard to travel with SimplyGo.\

- Did it start this month of March? I dont think I have tried it first. Better knowing before it happens.

4th April according to the report

absolut777

Reaction score
I activated both Visa(joined the pilot) and MasterCard today. Can use 5 days from now, after tap at GTM.

Will use GPay from here on. Batteries don't fail me!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.