May 2013 BTO

hohohos

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know that the eating house at Hougang Crimson is foodcourt or cofeeshop?

no idea
but i hope it's a coffeeshop cause there is already
a kopithiam food court at Hougang One:)
there should be some shop along the stretch too:)

stonefish35

Master Member
Reaction score
wah..how to know if the afternoon sun on living room or bedrooms? any kind soul can help me check if 3 room unit 1115 at block 560A the morning and afternoon sun will be at where?

HDB InfoWEB: Sales Brochure : Buying A New Flat

Actually, this 1115 unit is getting morning sun in the service yard and MBR wall ( without the window ) , which is good. The 2nd bedroom and living room may get a little sun from 10am - 2pm , which is good again , depending on how are the layout of existing blks, new future BTO blks.

If you believe in FS, then low level units of 1115 is not so good. If the unit is same or lower level than the height of the MSCP, then the "sharp" edge of the MSCP block will direct "negative "energy at this unit. Especially with the traffic coming to the corner before making a turn, it will be like "shooting arrows " at this unit. May not be good for career ( tio arrow ) or health.

If you believe in FS, go read up more. If you don't just take the above as bull's poo.

Last edited:

kindaichi24

Reaction score
Actually, this 1115 unit is getting morning sun in the service yard and MBR wall ( without the window ) , which is good. The 2nd bedroom and living room may get a little sun from 10am - 2pm , which is good again , depending on how are the layout of existing blks, new future BTO blks.

If you believe in FS, then low level units of 1115 is not so good. If the unit is same or lower level than the height of the MSCP, then the "sharp" edge of the MSCP block will direct "negative "energy at this unit. Especially with the traffic coming to the corner before making a turn, it will be like "shooting arrows " at this unit. May not be good for career ( tio arrow ) or health.

If you believe in FS, go read up more. If you don't just take the above as bull's poo.

Wad u said makes sense..but if upper storey of unit 1115 is ok right in term of fengshui? Will tio arrow bo?

d3n

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

talking about fengshui...

i guess my choice of 1173 for blk 561B is not ideal cos its beside the lift... which is not good for FS... what about 1157? in your opinion in terms of FS? :)

d3n

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wad u said makes sense..but if upper storey of unit 1115 is ok right in term of fengshui? Will tio arrow bo?

i will avoid these units...

1159, 1161 (blk 561B), 1143, 1145 (blk 561A) 1115 and 1117 (blk 560)

cos beside our BTO is a site reserved for future housing development... not sure how soon there will be a new BTO beside us... but its going to be super noisy (with those piling and construction works) and dusty once it happens.... :) it can affect fengshui too... reducing the effectiveness of the fengshui.

squarepegs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im applying the flat with my parents but no payslip was given from their job. can they just show cpf statements to prove their income?

stonefish35

Master Member
Reaction score

Upper units still acceptable since the edge of the MSCP is not pointing into the unit.

But if say T junction, the blk is facing the T Junction, and traffic coming at it, it is still like tio arrow all the time, even if the unit is high. 1115, in terms of sun, is good. If got other unit with similar sun and can siam facing this MSCP, go for it.

In ang mo terms, it is called Negative Energy. Try sitting around a line printer or machines with high electrostatics or magnetic wave and see how it will affect you.

In FS terms, bad idea to have TV in bedroom, likewise ceiling fan.
In scientific terms, too much electronics in Bedroom, may affect your sleep too.

Of course, there are many school of FS. Depends on your FSM too. And also, if the unit is suitable for your bazhi.

Best is able to buy a plot of land according to your bazhi, and build a house accordingly too. But most of the peasants who qualify for HDB units can't do it, next best is choose a unit accordingly.

Again, FS if you believe, we can discuss and share experience more. If you don't, forget about this post. Take it as bull's poo.

stonefish35

Master Member
Reaction score

i guess my choice of 1173 for blk 561B is not ideal cos its beside the lift... which is not good for FS... what about 1157? in your opinion in terms of FS? :)

Bro, sorry, no time to analyse now, tonight reach home take a look and revert on 1157 ? Me no FS expert, just sharing what I know .

Btw, same unit, may be good for 1 bazhi, and bad for another. Best to consult the Master. I have a simple chart and layout to see if unit is suitable for those born in Year XXXX. Need to check if I still have it , since shifted into my place for 1 yr. Will post up over the weekend if I managed to find. Used that to decide on which unit to get + See sunlight facing. Before inviting my FSM for reno advice after getting keys 3.5 yrs after signing.

Personally, I will avoid units sharing walls with Lift Shaft. Noise is 1 concern. And Fire Safety. If ever a lift is on fire.... no prize to guess how it will affect your wall, especially if it's the Living room wall,, and building the TV console on it.

Btw, great sic for the sunlight path.

Last edited:

missangsty

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey, i have a hle question, i made an error keying in the name of my employer/company. and i submitted the HLE on 20th June 2013. do i just submit as per normal and wait for HDB to get back to me or? cos i cannot submit a new one according to the system, and this current application is not canceled.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey, i have a hle question, i made an error keying in the name of my employer/company. and i submitted the HLE on 20th June 2013. do i just submit as per normal and wait for HDB to get back to me or? cos i cannot submit a new one according to the system, and this current application is not canceled.

You can cancel it manually thru the system..

Click on HLE>HLE No>Scroll down and find If you wish to cancel your HLE application, please select this e-service

e-service would be a click-able url.

Last edited:

missangsty

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can cancel it manually thru the system..

Click on HLE>HLE No>Scroll down and click on If you wish to cancel your HLE application, please select this e-service

e-service would be a url.

need to state a reason.. the only logical reason seems to be cant submit documents required. the rest is canceled flat application or i dont need a hdb loan.

and just to confirm, if canceled already, can resubmit new one hor?

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
need to state a reason.. the only logical reason seems to be cant submit documents required. the rest is canceled flat application or i dont need a hdb loan.

and just to confirm, if canceled already, can resubmit new one hor?

Just choose any pre set reason.. :s13:

I cancel and reapply for my HLE also, i think i selected dont need a loan or something like that..

AF4PtbJ.jpg

I cancelled the 1st HLE on 7th June(Last day for documents submission) and submit another on the 12th..

Last edited:

DEStiNI

Reaction score
bro stonefish35, if consult a fsm regarding selection of bto, what kind of questions should take note?

BigCheri

Reaction score
Do you think that Blk 561B the unit 1155 is good? My hubby prefer the other 2 blocks cos there will be link bridge to the carpark.

EmoFaith

Reaction score
If 4-rm, i would take 104A..Those few facing the park..

u know what, today i went to office ask my colleague also choose 104A like you..

now i'm so tempted take 104A...hahah

btw, stack 479 and 481

will tio morn sun till early noon sun?

but the morn sun till early noon sun is shine through living room for blk 479 and main bedroom for 481?

Did i see correctly?

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u know what, today i went to office ask my colleague also choose 104A like you..

now i'm so tempted take 104A...hahah

btw, stack 479 and 481

will tio morn sun till early noon sun?

but the morn sun till early noon sun is shine through living room for blk 479 and main bedroom for 481?

Did i see correctly?

Prefer more greenery for me..That's why i would choose that..But would prefer more of 483 and 485..

As for sun,

Use this, slider with time on top to see where the sun would be at during different timing..

SunCalc - sun position, sunlight phases, sunrise, sunset, dusk and dawn times calculator

Different month also play a part in where the sun would be at..

Like Apr to late Aug, sun would rising from ur north east..

Sept to late Mar would be rising from south east..

EmoFaith

Reaction score
Prefer more greenery for me..That's why i would choose that..But would prefer more of 483 and 485..

As for sun,

Use this, slider with time on top to see where the sun would be at during different timing..

SunCalc - sun position, sunlight phases, sunrise, sunset, dusk and dawn times calculator

Different month also play a part in where the sun would be at..

Like Apr to late Aug, sun would rising from ur north east..

Sept to late Mar would be rising from south east..

hahaha 483 and 485 are the best view of park le!!!!!! too bad the layout is not i wanted lo...

slothbal

Reaction score
Those choosing semb could also take into consideration distance to future mrt station(if there is) and amenities to realize higher capital appreciation. Try not to choose too far off. East wave seems a good choice among the 3 ! Where distance and amenities is in favor

stonefish35

Master Member
Reaction score

Bro, in reality what is the drain reserve on the map ? You did a ground recce ? If its a open drain, may not be a idea. Drain offs are dirty water, negative energy flowing right in front of the unit.

The facing of the unit ( some FSM take the door facing, my FSM take the side with the most incoming Qi / Energy , which is the side with the most windows, since more air is coming in from windows from LR + 3 BR rather than the door ) , is NW. If the drain is fully covered like the Queenstown one with a park on top of it, it is concealed and ok.

Without the drain, unit Facing in terms of FS in general, looks ok. Sunlight facing is ok too. But whether the unit is suitable for you and spouse, get a FSM to calculate for you, or learn to calculate yourself.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.